Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones suspended 1 game
(07-21-2017, 11:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: I hate to say it, but he's paid to play football, not be a pillar of the community. If you're looking for pillars of the community go talk to your priest and hope he doesn't have his hands in kids pants.
I don't get all that bent out of shape when people disrespect cops anyway. I've meet plenty of them I wouldn't trust any further than I could throw them and have personally witnessed some brutal beatings by them. I've meet a few decent ones, but not as many as I have corrupt ones. I have personally witnessed cops riding shotgun for dope dealers so big deal if Jones doesn't hold them in high esteem. I don't either. 
On the other hand I would like to see how well (or not) our young corners play this season. 

If you have really witnessed this you should have reported it. Anonymously if nothing else. Say What

I'm not looking for pillars of society in the Bengals uniform but I don't see anything wrong with expecting them to conduct themselves with some kind of responsible behavior when they are in public if nothing else. If you have low expectation's that's what you will get.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I still can't believe it was only 1 game to be honest.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 01:47 PM)pally Wrote: per PFT....could have been a lot worse.

Adam Jones suspended one game by NFL

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 21, 2017, 12:29 PM EDT

Getty Images
Apparently emboldened by the Sean Spicer news, the NFL is firing up the Friday news dump machine a little early today.

Bengals cornerback Adam Jones has been suspended one game by the league for violating the personal conduct policy, and has three days to appeal the decision.

Jones pleaded guilty to obstructing official business, after a January incident in which he spat on a jailhouse nurse (which sounds like a euphemism but isn’t in this case). This came after he blew up at reporters who had the nerve to ask him about the most interesting thing to happen to him this offseason.

In the league’s letter to Jones, they said the: “extensive video documentation of the tone, tenor and nature of your interactions with law enforcement at the site of your arrest, during transportation to the jail, and during the booking process. As you acknowledged, your post-arrest words and actions reflected poorly on you and your family, the Cincinnati Bengals football club, and the NFL. While it is our understanding that appropriate apologies have been publicly extended, they do not completely negate your behavior and admission of culpability for the underlying conduct.”

The Bengals have consistently stood by Jones for years, primarily because he’s good at football. And they’re deep enough in former first-rounders at the position to survive the opener against the Ravens without him.
Is Hamilton County Courts done with him....I mean, is the court thing over and judge or jury ruled on Jail or Prison time or not ????.....If he has no jail time to do and only a one game suspension, he would be stupid to appeal it.  Sit out the first game and get it over. Burfict gets suspended longer for making a clean hard tackle. I'll never understand The NFL....but, if it helps my Bengals, What The F.....Doesn't seem right to those suspended for much less, but, I've learned life ain't fair. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 11:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: I hate to say it, but he's paid to play football, not be a pillar of the community. If you're looking for pillars of the community go talk to your priest and hope he doesn't have his hands in kids pants.
I don't get all that bent out of shape when people disrespect cops anyway. I've meet plenty of them I wouldn't trust any further than I could throw them and have personally witnessed some brutal beatings by them. I've meet a few decent ones, but not as many as I have corrupt ones. I have personally witnessed cops riding shotgun for dope dealers so big deal if Jones doesn't hold them in high esteem. I don't either. 
On the other hand I would like to see how well (or not) our young corners play this season. 

I hate to say it but he's paid to play football on a team and his only concern is himself.

I was hoping he would be suspended 8 games or more so we could be rid of him. We don't need his kind of help, it hurts to much.
Reply/Quote
He's already a loose cannon. This just gives him more license to be stupid.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 05:38 PM)magikod Wrote: I still can't believe it was only 1 game to be honest.

Same here, Goodell is a Ninja  trying to hurt our team with this move....
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 04:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, Goodell is a Ninja  trying to hurt our team with this move....

By letting a very good corner start 15 games...that Goodell he's diabolical.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2017, 05:06 PM)Synric Wrote: By letting a very good corner start 15 games...that Goodell he's diabolical.

Eh, i like the upside of WJ3, Dennard and Shaw over this punk myself.

He wasn't very good last year and is getting up there in age.

This is based on his play alone.

Like i said, i wanted these younger talented guys to get more snaps, this could very well hamper that.
Reply/Quote
And now we're reading Jones may appeal. The best thing he could do is keep his head down, his mouth shut, serve his (lenient) suspension, then come back and ball out. Here's hoping that happens, but I'm pretty sure he isn't going to do at least one of those things.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 01:54 PM)snowy Wrote: And now we're reading Jones may appeal. The best thing he could do is keep his head down, his mouth shut, serve his (lenient) suspension, then come back and ball out. Here's hoping that happens, but I'm pretty sure he isn't going to do at least one of those things.

Completely agree, dude isn't very smart is he?
Reply/Quote
To me, it's mistakes vs habitual criminals. How much is too much for a winning organization to get fed up? I guess that with Brown, we will never get to know. Spitting on another person isn't enough, would manslaughter be enough Mr. Brown or does it need to be murder 1? Welcome to the Jungle alright.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 03:50 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: To me, it's mistakes vs habitual criminals. How much is too much for a winning organization to get fed up? I guess that with Brown, we will never get to know. Spitting on another person isn't enough, would manslaughter be enough Mr. Brown or does it need to be murder 1? Welcome to the Jungle alright.

Thats the thing, it is different with Mixon, that was a one time thing, give the guy a second chance...

With Adam it is like his 14th chance.
Reply/Quote
Well ya know it's like they say, fool me once shame on you, fool me 14 times...wait a sec
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 04:35 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Well ya know it's like they say, fool me once shame on you, fool me 14 times...wait a sec

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 01:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, i like the upside of WJ3, Dennard and Shaw over this punk myself.

He wasn't very good last year and is getting up there in age.

This is based on his play alone.

Like i said, i wanted these younger talented guys to get more snaps, this could very well hamper that.

Yea he dropped off from the year before but so did the entire defense he was still the best corner on the team. He  allowed only 2 TDs in 2016. (Only allowed 1 in 2015).

Me I'll go with what Zim said You can never have enough good corners. Even if he does like to drink and fight....Reminds me of one of my brothers I have to bail him out once or twice a year for drinking and fighting lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 05:08 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea he dropped off from the year before but so did the entire defense he was still the best corner on the team. He  allowed only 2 TDs in 2016. (Only allowed 1 in 2015).

Me I'll go with what Zim said You can never have enough good corners. Even if he does like to drink and fight....Reminds me of one of my brothers I have to bail him out once or twice a year for drinking and fighting lol.

Personally i thought Kirkpatrick was better than Adam last year, best deep ball Corner in the league according to the numbers.

Shaw also played great as the Slot Corner...

True that you can never have enough good Corners but Adam is a bad influence on our younger players and i don't like that.

He clearly does not learn from his mistakes.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 03:50 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: To me, it's mistakes vs habitual criminals. How much is too much for a winning organization to get fed up? I guess that with Brown, we will never get to know. Spitting on another person isn't enough, would manslaughter be enough Mr. Brown or does it need to be murder 1? Welcome to the Jungle alright.

Mike is concerned about Adam's kids.  Too bad Adam isn't.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote