Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLB?
Now that Malaluga is gone, are there any rumors about who will play MLB?
Reply/Quote
Minter

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
The Reds pitching staff.. They're all MLBers and damned sure not pitchers..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 10:46 PM)grampahol Wrote: The Reds pitching staff.. They're all MLBers and damned sure not pitchers..  

haha
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Minter at MIKE, Vigil at SAM and Burfict at WILL.

Should be much better with this lineup at Linebacker this year, plus Burfict is in great shape.

Burfict has said Vigil can read his mind which is awesome and Minter can cover unlike Maualuga.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 03:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Minter at MIKE, Vigil at SAM and Burfict at WILL.

Should be much better with this lineup at Linebacker this year, plus Burfict is in great shape.

Burfict has said Vigil can read his mind which is awesome and Minter can cover unlike Maualuga.

I really think that our LB core is so underrated. It's normally not a strength, but I honestly think that it will be this year. Burfict is one of the best in the league, and Minter is a good MLB. Vigil is still a ?, but he looked pretty good at the end of the year last season, and I hope that he improves and becomes a force. I'm really high on our defense this year because of all the additions we have.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 03:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I really think that our LB core is so underrated. It's normally not a strength, but I honestly think that it will be this year. Burfict is one of the best in the league, and Minter is a good MLB. Vigil is still a ?, but he looked pretty good at the end of the year last season, and I hope that he improves and becomes a force. I'm really high on our defense this year because of all the additions we have.

Completely agree, Minter and Vigil are just the type of Linebackers we needed to add.

These guys can cover and stop the run, Burfict was our only Linebacker that could do this before.

This Defense should be very good this year barring injuries. Our new coaches having a year under their belt will help as well.
Reply/Quote
Like others said Minter but I would expect multiple personal at LB this season including some safteies moving down there in Nickle.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 04:13 PM)J24 Wrote: Like others said Minter but I would expect multiple personal at LB this season including some safteies moving down there in Nickle.

Fej
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 04:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Fej

This will be Williams. Guenther talked about the potential of playing Williams at LB during the off seaosn.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 04:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: This will be Williams. Guenther talked about the potential of playing Williams at LB during the off seaosn.

He has used Shawn in this role before and he did well there but i have heard talk about Fej in this role as well.
Reply/Quote
We all know that Minter is ticketed for the middle. That was hammered home when we signed him.

I'm more curious who our nickel LBs will be. Burfict is our leader on D and has played in nickel. One of the reasons we signed Minter is because he could also play in nickel since he's decent at coverage. Then you've got the defensive coaches raving about Vigil and his coverage abilities. Makes you wonder if we'll rotate them in and out of nickel and if we'll have 2 guys play most of the snaps.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 04:56 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: We all know that Minter is ticketed for the middle. That was hammered home when we signed him.

I'm more curious who our nickel LBs will be. Burfict is our leader on D and has played in nickel. One of the reasons we signed Minter is because he could also play in nickel since he's decent at coverage. Then you've got the defensive coaches raving about Vigil and his coverage abilities. Makes you wonder if we'll rotate them in and out of nickel and if we'll have 2 guys play most of the snaps.

I'd rather have too many guys that can play in the nickle. That means you can occasionally stay in base formation with 3 WR's on the field.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 04:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'd rather have too many guys that can play in the nickle. That means you can occasionally stay in base formation with 3 WR's on the field.

Nice problem to have.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 04:13 PM)J24 Wrote: Like others said Minter but I would expect multiple personal at LB this season including some safteies moving down there in Nickle.

Fej!  (drops mike)
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2017, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He has used Shawn in this role before and he did well there but i have heard talk about Fej in this role as well.

Allright, Nate, we are buddies and all, but let's get one thing straight.  Fej is MY guy.  Go find your own...

LMAO
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 08:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Allright, Nate, we are buddies and all, but let's get one thing straight.  Fej is MY guy.  Go find your own...

LMAO

Let the official MY guy competition committee decide these issues. After all,  us mere mortals are simply incapable of such weighty exercises of higher thinking..  

It's exhausting to string together a sentence using weighty, exercises and higher thinking at the same time. Time for a nap.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 08:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Allright, Nate, we are buddies and all, but let's get one thing straight.  Fej is MY guy.  Go find your own...

LMAO

BILLINGS!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote