Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jones suspended 1 game
Ahem... season is about to start. Stand by the guy and lets talk about dumping him post season.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would have rather seen him replaced

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I hate to say it, but he's paid to play football, not be a pillar of the community. If you're looking for pillars of the community go talk to your priest and hope he doesn't have his hands in kids pants.
I don't get all that bent out of shape when people disrespect cops anyway. I've meet plenty of them I wouldn't trust any further than I could throw them and have personally witnessed some brutal beatings by them. I've meet a few decent ones, but not as many as I have corrupt ones. I have personally witnessed cops riding shotgun for dope dealers so big deal if Jones doesn't hold them in high esteem. I don't either. 
On the other hand I would like to see how well (or not) our young corners play this season. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 04:06 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Bad news.

He's addition by subtraction. He was awful last year.  Will be even worse this year.

Was hoping for a labotomy and a trip to shutter island for that imbecile.

1 game.  We're screwed.  He's gonna start 15 games!

He looked a lot better toward the end of the season after the two safeties got things figured out.  The secondary was in complete disarray with the loss of Nelson and insertion of Williams and IMO it was the major cause of their defensive woes.  Nobody was on the same page and they looked lost.  

He may have dropped off a tad due to age, but he's still a solid to good corner.  
Reply/Quote
Surprised like most. Too small of a sample size to hand over his spot to Denard/WIII even with a huge game. I'm in the minority but I'm glad to have him on this team. If others step up throughout the season, then let Adam walk.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 07:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ahem... season is about to start. Stand by the guy and lets talk about dumping him post season.

The club is probably ready to walk away from him or give him a lesser role after this year anyway.

Bengals hold all the cards. No reason to dump him. Hopefully one of these other guys steps up and takes his job.
Reply/Quote
I'll admit I was hoping for a 3 or 4 game suspension to give one of the younger guys a chance to beat him out of his job. But it appears he's a lock no matter what.
Reply/Quote
Didn't realize he only missed 2 games in the past 5 seasons. Say what you will but that is impressive given his stature.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 01:50 PM)samhain Wrote: Pretty light punishment.  Guess I can't complain.  I still don't feel like Dennard or Jackson are better options to start at corner than Pacman.

This was the straw that broke the Camel's back(er, toe?) for me.  Hearing his insults at the police officers, that was enough.  I hope that WJIII takes his job and never looks back,  

Sorry, Adam, you have been given more than enough chances.  And you aren't quite as good a player any more, either. 
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 02:30 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Damn, that's it? I was hoping for a year, then the team would (hopefully) have no problem cutting this punk

This pretty much sums it up.  Your own fan base is ready to cut ties with a starter at a critical position.  
Reply/Quote
Bob Costas was just on CNN talking about the Kaepernick/Vick exchange and Pacman's name came up. Costas referenced him and said the Cincinnati Bengals "at times seem to be running a half-way house for miscreants". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 10:29 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bob Costas was just on CNN talking about the Kaepernick/Vick exchange and Pacman's name came up. Costas referenced him and said the Cincinnati Bengals "at times seem to be running a half-way house for miscreants". 

That hasn't exactly been true since 2006 but when the team keeps scum like Pacman around, you can't blame the general public for thinking that. 

Aside from Pacman, there no real law-breaking "thugs" on this team. Vontaze Burfict has never been in trouble with the law, a far too common misconception. Mixon has been in trouble one time, several years ago when he was 18. He knows and admits he f****d up. I'm all for second chances but Pacman ran out of chances to redeem himself years ago. He's the poster child for repeat offenders everywhere. He's not going to learn. He's not going to change. It's not a matter of if he'll be arrested again, but when. 

In short, Pacman is the main reason this team is considered a "criminal organization". Why? Because he's in the news for getting arrested every other year or so. Now odds are, we'll never shed the thug image, simply because there's too many ignorant people out there who don't care enough about the Bengals to really educate themselves. But cutting Pacman would be a huge step in the right direction. Sadly, with Mike Brown being Mike Brown, that won't happen anytime soon... Probably won't happen after his next arrest either  Whatever 

Pacman is here until he commits a serious felony or messes with the wrong person and ends up killed or paralyzed. I really hope it doesn't come to that its not out of the realm of possibility.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 11:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: I hate to say it, but he's paid to play football, not be a pillar of the community. If you're looking for pillars of the community go talk to your priest and hope he doesn't have his hands in kids pants.
I don't get all that bent out of shape when people disrespect cops anyway. I've meet plenty of them I wouldn't trust any further than I could throw them and have personally witnessed some brutal beatings by them. I've meet a few decent ones, but not as many as I have corrupt ones. I have personally witnessed cops riding shotgun for dope dealers so big deal if Jones doesn't hold them in high esteem. I don't either. 
On the other hand I would like to see how well (or not) our young corners play this season. 

Pretty much this. If he were a brick layer what activity not related to laying brick could he commit were folks would say he should no longer be able to lay bricks after he paid his debt? 

I do disagree with the not required to respect the law aspect. They earn and deserve our respect as an institution, every profession has bad apples. Do we no longer respect the Soldier because of a couple cowards?

The point that got me wanting Pacman gone from the team was when Marvin said in interview that they let the vets mentor the young guys as far as life in the NFL in the position rooms. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Thug image..that's rich considering that every single NFL franchise has had its share of guys convicted of crimes, some murderous.. 
It's a business that recruits from some of the worst neighborhoods in the country based mostly upon physical abilities alone. High moral character rates pretty darn low when it comes to getting drafted or signing that first contract .
I have to admit that if I were a recruiter for any football team one of the very last questions I would ask would be how many little old ladies have you helped across the street lately and are you a member of any church choirs?....
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 05:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Must not be watching the same adam jones....

He was graded one of the worst cbs in football last year.
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 11:54 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: He was graded one of the worst cbs in football last year.

By whom?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-bengals-cb-adam-jones-suspended-for-one-game

Cincinnati Bengals CB Adam Jones has been notified he is being suspended for the first regular season game of 2017 for violating the league’s Personal Conduct Policy, per Adam Schefter of ESPN.

[*]Despite being 33 years of age, Adam Jones is still clearly the best cornerback on the Bengals heading into 2017, even if his team-high PFF grade of 76.7 in 2016 was a step down from the 83.0 he posted the year before.
[*]Last season, Jones allowed just 9.4 yards per reception, and only 50 yards more than the season before, but his completion percentage when targeted shot up from 56.9 to 67.1, and the passer rating he surrendered leapt from 60.0 to 91.6.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 10:29 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bob Costas was just on CNN talking about the Kaepernick/Vick exchange and Pacman's name came up. Costas referenced him and said the Cincinnati Bengals "at times seem to be running a half-way house for miscreants". 

This is total bullshit.  Bob Costas used to be better than that.  When did you get so lame that you turned to cheap shots and lies, Bob?   The Bengals have one piece of shit.  Compare that to every other team in the league, Bob, you ***** has been.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2017, 11:54 AM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: He was graded one of the worst cbs in football last year.

Wrong again.  Wrong is your thing, apparently.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 11:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: I hate to say it, but he's paid to play football, not be a pillar of the community. If you're looking for pillars of the community go talk to your priest and hope he doesn't have his hands in kids pants.

What a giant load of crap.  

Reply/Quote
Was actually hoping for a lengthy suspension so our young Corners like WJ3, Dennard and Shaw could get more snaps.

Adam wasn't that good last year anyways. I would of cut his ass after this last incident.
Reply/Quote