Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jones to Denver
(08-26-2018, 10:33 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: He was a good player for many years. Not so sure I would describe him as a great guy though.  I guess it depends on what one considers a great guy? Great guy when it comes to getting into trouble?  Great guy when it comes to earning stupid penalties on the field?  Then sure he was a great guy.  :)

You can't define someone's character by his mistakes. 

Burfict has had more than his share of stupid penalties, failed drug tests, and suspensions....Does that make him a bad person too?

When Pacman went to WVU like most college players he's frequented the bars in the area as well as college parties. He really is a good guy and fun to talk too. He even remember me after years when I went to the Bengals camp in 2012....Albeit not how I like to be remember. Lol
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 10:53 PM)Synric Wrote: You can't define someone's character by his mistakes. 

Burfict has had more than his share of stupid penalties, failed drug tests, and suspensions....Does that make him a bad person too?

When Pacman went to WVU like most college players he's frequented the bars in the area as well as college parties. He really is a good guy and fun to talk too. He even remember me after years when I went to the Bengals camp in 2012....Albeit not how I like to be remember. Lol

When they don't seem to learn from those mistakes, and repeat them over and over, I think you can get a pretty good idea about their character. He has an entire section on his wikipedia page dedicated to his legal troubles. Just because you drank with him at bars and parties, he was fun to talk to and he remembered you also does not make him a great guy.

You may be a bit biased being a WVU guy but I don't think many, if any, people around the NFL or in general would describe him as a person of high character.  Not saying he can't change and has not done some good things in his life, but his track record isn't very good so far and not what most would describe as a "great guy."

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 11:12 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: When they don't seem to learn from those mistakes, and repeat them over and over, I think you can get a pretty good idea about their character. He has an entire section on his wikipedia page dedicated to his legal troubles. Just because you drank with him at bars and parties, he was fun to talk to and he remembered you also does not make him a great guy.

You may be a bit biased being a WVU guy but I don't think many, if any, people around the NFL or in general would describe him as a person of high character.  Not saying he can't change and has not done some good things in his life, but his track record isn't very good so far and not what most would describe as a "great guy."

Edit: Nevermind silly argument
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 09:25 PM)BengalB Wrote: I'm glad to see him out here. He'll be so out of breath the first year he's here he won't have any breath to lose his temper.

Seriously, it takes a minute to get used to the altitude out here. 

Nobody can really say that he ever showed up to training camp out of shape . Suspended maybe , in court perhaps, oft in jail, but never out of shape . lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2018, 11:12 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: When they don't seem to learn from those mistakes, and repeat them over and over, I think you can get a pretty good idea about their character. He has an entire section on his wikipedia page dedicated to his legal troubles. Just because you drank with him at bars and parties, he was fun to talk to and he remembered you also does not make him a great guy.

Well as soon as NFL players are judged solely on their high characters we can dispense with really great athletes . After all, it's not as if the game doesn't thrive on violent tendencies.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote