Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Franks
(10-30-2018, 06:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Just like DeDe Dorsey.  Dude blocked a punt, and recovered it for a TD, and was promptly benched.

Then, a different game, he takes a screen pass 77 yards for a TD and gets benched again.  

Close. DeDe never scored an offensive touchdown for the Bengals. He had a blocked punt returned for a TD. You're thinking of his 45 yard run on a shovel pass. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2018, 10:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So what team picked him up and let him be a star after he left the Bengals?

So, because he never got another opportunity, he sucks, right?

Good thing the Bengals knocked out Don Mackowski so Brett Favre got his shot and the same goes for Tom Brady when Bledsoe got knocked out.  How many 6th round QBs get the opportunity?

DeDe was shipped back and forth between the Bengals and Colts for a while but never really got his shot.  The guy just made plays.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, because he never got another opportunity, he sucks, right?

Good thing the Bengals knocked out Don Mackowski so Brett Favre got his shot and the same goes for Tom Brady when Bledsoe got knocked out.  How many 6th round QBs get the opportunity?

DeDe was shipped back and forth between the Bengals and Colts for a while but never really got his shot.  The guy just made plays.  

He WAS the key cog in the Las Vegas Locomotives' 2 championships, but when he went to the CFL, he never made the team.

He appeared to be incredibly fragile, for some reason.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2018, 02:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: New plan for 2019:

TE1: Eifert
TE2: Ceej
TE3: Schreck
TE4: Franks

An interesting tidbit is that they are: 1 Independent, 1 SEC, 1 MAC and 1 ACC; that's a whole bunch of different backgrounds and all that jazz.

I said it last year and I'll say it again...I'm tired of taking the gamble on a TE who has had so many big injuries. Sure, you can do an incentive-laden contract to offset the cap hit but at the end of the day, TE1 needs to be available for more than half the season, and Eifert is unfortunately not reliable enough for that. I'd prefer the Bengals not take that risk and instead pursue a different TE. Maybe Jared Cook, maybe a draft pick, whatever.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 11:38 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I said it last year and I'll say it again...I'm tired of taking the gamble on a TE who has had so many big injuries. Sure, you can do an incentive-laden contract to offset the cap hit but at the end of the day, TE1 needs to be available for more than half the season, and Eifert is unfortunately not reliable enough for that. I'd prefer the Bengals not take that risk and instead pursue a different TE. Maybe Jared Cook, maybe a draft pick, whatever.

Hey, I'm with you on that.

But this was a fluke injury that would've happened to anyone and everyone; he has bad luck, sure, but every player in the league risks the same as Eifert did.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 11:52 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hey, I'm with you on that.

But this was a fluke injury that would've happened to anyone and everyone; he has bad luck, sure, but every player in the league risks the same as Eifert did.

Do people really think Eifert is the same (or going to be the same) player he was back in 2015 after all these injuries? I sure don't.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 01:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Do people really think Eifert is the same (or going to be the same) player he was back in 2015 after all these injuries? I sure don't.

I don't know how the current injury will affect him, but he was looking better every week.   I think he was going to be pretty much the same player he was before by the end of the season.

Just flat out bad luck.   That was not a "china doll" injury.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 01:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Do people really think Eifert is the same (or going to be the same) player he was back in 2015 after all these injuries? I sure don't.

And I do Wink

(11-01-2018, 03:06 PM)3wt Wrote: I don't know how the current injury will affect him, but he was looking better every week.   I think he was going to be pretty much the same player he was before by the end of the season.

Just flat out bad luck.   That was not a "china doll" injury.

Exactly. He looked mighty fine to me, all season.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2018, 08:57 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He WAS the key cog in the Las Vegas Locomotives' 2 championships, but when he went to the CFL, he never made the team.

He appeared to be incredibly fragile, for some reason.

Must be Italian?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 09:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Must be Italian?

lol I've never seen that before!

Every time I write "fragile," I think of the, "fra-gee-lay," scene from a show; I'm convinced its the Simpsons (and I've seen the first 10 seasons, literally 200 times over, if not more) but I can't seem to remember where its from...
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 09:19 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol I've never seen that before!

Every time I write "fragile," I think of the, "fra-gee-lay," scene from a show; I'm convinced its the Simpsons (and I've seen the first 10 seasons, literally 200 times over, if not more) but I can't seem to remember where its from...

It's from A Christmas Story.  HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THAT?   Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1NR1omdvY0
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 10:04 AM)Tomkat Wrote: It's from A Christmas Story.  HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THAT?   Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1NR1omdvY0

I'm not American and I haven't seen it :|

The only truly great, classic American Comedies from the 80s that are shown here on TV (or were circulated for rentals), are Ghostbusters, the Blues Brothers (one of my 5 favourite films ever) and that's basically it.

No:

- Caddyshack
- Stripes
- A Christmas Story
- Princess Bride (though, this should be pre-requisite viewing for anyone in any country... I REALLY need to see it)
- Tootsie
- The Vacation films

Etc. I'm missing a few more, but these are the ones off the top of my head. Even FMJ and Platoon aren't known to well up here and those AREN'T comedies.

I know all of these films, but without being replayed on television often throughout my childhood (and even now), my generation on the whole doesn't know these films (and I've never seen them... aside from FMJ and Platoon lol).

Yet, everyone my age here in Canada knows, "the Sweet Hereafter," and you guys will be all, "da fuq?"
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 08:21 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He mentioned on Bengals Line last night that he is confident at blocking LBs at the 2nd level, but not in line blocking and he needs work.

He seems like a good kid, not the brightest though lol. Is close with Hayes.

His brother is Felipe Franks, the QB at Florida.

EDIT: WTF would autocorrect change "Franks," to "Frank's?" Stupid damn thing...

Didn't know all this, thanks Truck. UCF had one heck of an Offense last year and i remember Franks name a bit.

Good to know he is on the team. Hope we use him more as he seems fast for a TE with good hands.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 10:50 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm not American and I haven't seen it :|

The only truly great, classic American Comedies from the 80s that are shown here on TV (or were circulated for rentals), are Ghostbusters, the Blues Brothers (one of my 5 favourite films ever) and that's basically it.

No:

- Caddyshack
- Stripes
- A Christmas Story
- Princess Bride (though, this should be pre-requisite viewing for anyone in any country... I REALLY need to see it)
- Tootsie
- The Vacation films

Etc. I'm missing a few more, but these are the ones off the top of my head. Even FMJ and Platoon aren't known to well up here and those AREN'T comedies.

I know all of these films, but without being replayed on television often throughout my childhood (and even now), my generation on the whole doesn't know these films (and I've never seen them... aside from FMJ and Platoon lol).

Yet, everyone my age here in Canada knows, "the Sweet Hereafter," and you guys will be all, "da fuq?"

Hmmm.. I wonder if I could get deported back to Canada since my grandfather was an illegal immigrant from Canada about 100 years ago . I even speak most of the language except for Canadian French which my grandfather did speak .
Nah..forget it.. I hate cold weather except pictures of snow.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 03:35 PM)grampahol Wrote: Hmmm.. I wonder if I could get deported back to Canada since my grandfather was an illegal immigrant from Canada about 100 years ago . I even speak most of the language except for Canadian French which my grandfather did speak .
Nah..forget it.. I hate cold weather except pictures of snow.. 

Well duh, I mean, we DO speak English here... albeit a more proper form of English than you Yanks do Wink Tongue

Not too many speak French; unless you work for the Government, live in Quebec, Moncton or Eastern Ontario, its far from necessary.

As for Cold weather, I know you don't live in Cincinnati, Gramps, but our weather in Toronto is almost identical to the 'nati's, but might be a couple of degrees cooler on average, per year.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 10:50 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'm not American and I haven't seen it :|

No:

- Caddyshack
- Stripes
- A Christmas Story
- Tootsie
- The Vacation films

See this movie, bud, it is a classic
Reply/Quote
How can any Bengals fan not have seen Andy Dalton's early film debut....

[Image: AndyDalton_crop_exact.png?h=533&w=800&q=...crop_y=top]
Reply/Quote
His job was to learn that 1 play all week lol. He did a great job, let's see what he can do with 5-10 snaps!

He is getting more hype than a preseason Auden Tate at this point. Not holding my breath!
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2018, 11:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How can any Bengals fan not have seen Andy Dalton's early film debut....

[Image: AndyDalton_crop_exact.png?h=533&w=800&q=...crop_y=top]

HE HAS YELLOW EYES!
Reply/Quote

No:

- Caddyshack
- Stripes
- A Christmas Story
- Tootsie
- The Vacation films

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=3640f6095bdf0e546d35704a6baa353d]
Reply/Quote