Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Hicks a Cardinal
Looks like we won't be getting any starting quality Free Agents.

We are definitely not in win now mode. Looking like year 1 of a 5 year plan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1105500300050419712

#Eagles standout ILB Jordan Hicks intends to sign with the #AZCardinals on 4-year deal worth $36M with $12M to sign, source said. $20M guaranteed.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Hicks is worth that number and now I'm pissed

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The ONLY issue I have with that number is Hicks has a lot of injury issues. Still worth it and think the Bengals should have taken a flier on him, who happens to be a local product.
Reply/Quote
Yea, this is the first thing that has really upset me. That is a fair market value for a solid player.
Reply/Quote
This is something we could have and should have done.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, this is the first thing that has really upset me. That is a fair market value for a solid player.

+1
Reply/Quote
So what's a better scenario...
1) Re-sign Bobby Hart for 3 years, $15.x mill (up to $21 mill with incentives) and keep Vontaze Burfict (~$12 mill toward the cap this year, ~$15 mill toward cap next year)
2) Cut (or trade) Vontaze Burfict and sign Jordan Hicks to the deal he just got.

I go with Option 2.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: So what's a better scenario...
1) Re-sign Bobby Hart for 3 years, $15.x mill (up to $21 mill with incentives) and keep Vontaze Burfict (~$12 mill toward the cap this year, ~$15 mill toward cap next year)
2) Cut (or trade) Vontaze Burfict and sign Jordan Hicks to the deal he just got.

I go with Option 2.

Yea, I just don't understand the desire to hang onto Burfict. He has been bad, he is always hurt, and he has had other issues in terms of suspensions. Move on and recoup the money.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, I just don't understand the desire to hang onto Burfict. He has been bad, he is always hurt, and he has had other issues in terms of suspensions. Move on and recoup the money.

That can still be done, can't it?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 02:54 PM)McC Wrote: That can still be done, can't it?

Sure, but at this point the fact they have any value on him at all is just concerning. Injuries, suspensions and declining pay should have been enough to say we will play anyone before we play you....but he is still here. It's just this weird thing we do where the fear of the unknown seems to be wore than the known bad we keep around.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 03:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: Sure, but at this point the fact they have any value on him at all is just concerning. Injuries, suspensions and declining pay should have been enough to say we will play anyone before we play you....but he is still here. It's just this weird thing we do where the fear of the unknown seems to be wore than the known bad we keep around.

Have teams been doing much cutting yet?  I know there have been some but it doesn't seem like that many.  

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 04:59 PM)McC Wrote: Have teams been doing much cutting yet?  I know there have been some but it doesn't seem like that many.  

Yea there was a pretty good run of them last week and the week before. It's generally considered good form to cut vets you know aren't in your plans to let them be a part of opening day FA.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 05:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea there was a pretty good run of them last week and the week before. It's generally considered good form to cut vets you know aren't in your plans to let them be a part of opening day FA.

That makes sense.  Maybe they're trying to talk him into retiring, which is really what's best for him all around.  They cannot really be including him in their plans, can they?

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 05:57 PM)McC Wrote: That makes sense.  Maybe they're trying to talk him into retiring, which is really what's best for him all around.  They cannot really be including him in their plans, can they?

I was thinking about this today... maybe the new coaching staff pulls Burfict aside and says "Look, we have no real loyalty to you. It's time for you to put up or shut up if you want to stay a Bengal. Get your butt in shape, get to training camp, and show us you're still the same guy from a couple of years ago or you're out the door".

I don't think that's actually the case... but maybe? And this obviously ignores the whole concussions issue, too.
Reply/Quote