Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Hicks
He has been granted permission to seek a trade. I know a lot of people here want a veteran presence and with his local ties and experience, a late day 3 pick may make sense. His contract has been reduced already so it makes sense financially. Waiting for him to be a camp casualty works as well, but a future 7th may be a proactive way to get some depth.
Reply/Quote
Looks like his contract was front loaded. I'm not certain how pro-rated signing bonus cap hits transfer when a player is traded, but his worst case cap hit is 6 M this year and 9M next year (assuming we incur his remaining signing bonus cap hits).

I don't know much else about him other than his being a seemingly good player despite a bad PFF grade last year and an average rating in 2019. Could be worth looking into.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 11:02 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Looks like his contract was front loaded. I'm not certain how pro-rated signing bonus cap hits transfer when a player is traded, but his worst case cap hit is 6 M this year and 9M next year (assuming we incur his remaining signing bonus cap hits).

I don't know much else about him other than his being a seemingly good player despite a bad PFF grade last year and an average rating in 2019. Could be worth looking into.

They updated his contract earlier this spring, he has a non-guranteed 2 million salary this year and I think 3 million next. He has not been great in ARI and I wonder if a change of scheme will help him regain a bit of what he was in Philly. 
Reply/Quote
Durability and productivity seem to be in line. Why is he expendable? Is it a lack of splash plays?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 10:51 AM)Au165 Wrote: He has been granted permission to seek a trade. I know a lot of people here want a veteran presence and with his local ties and experience, a late day 3 pick may make sense. His contract has been reduced already so it makes sense financially. Waiting for him to be a camp casualty works as well, but a future 7th may be a proactive way to get some depth.

you're fast lol i just came to post this to see if its someone we should be reviewing...  
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 11:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Durability and productivity seem to be in line.  Why is he expendable?  Is it a lack of splash plays?

they have drafted 2 1st round LBers the last 2 years

They took BPA and they happen to both be ILB lol

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/12/cardinals-give-jordan-hicks-permission-to-seek-trade/

Quote:Hicks has started every game for the Cardinals since signing with the team before the 2019 season. He had 268 tackles, four interceptions, two forced fumbles, 1.5 sacks, and a fumble recovery in those games.

Cardinals General Manager Steve Keim said after the first round that the team’s plan is for Collins and 2020 first-rounder Isaiah Simmons to be their starting inside linebackers.
Reply/Quote
I really wanted Hicks back when he hit FA after the 2018 season.
He's played all 32 games since 2019 and has 268 tackles, 10 PDs, 4 INTs, and 2 FFs in that timespan.
Last, he's still under 30 years old.
Absolutely bring him in for 1 year or 2 years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 11:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I really wanted Hicks back when he hit FA after the 2018 season.
He's played all 32 games since 2019 and has 268 tackles, 10 PDs, 4 INTs, and 2 FFs in that timespan.
Last, he's still under 30 years old.
Absolutely bring him in for 1 year or 2 years.

The pds and interceptions lead me to believe he’s at least adequate in pass coverage? If so this would be a good add.

If he’s more of a two down thumper I’m not sure I see the fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 12:09 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: The pds and interceptions lead me to believe he’s at least adequate in pass coverage?  If so this would be a good add.  

If he’s more of a two down thumper I’m not sure I see the fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure the 1 comment on pft says his production dropped off and is a liability.  someone got PFF scores?
Reply/Quote
Would love Hicks, always liked this guy. Has fell off a little bit the last year or so but is better than Bynes IMO.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 12:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not sure the 1 comment on pft says his production dropped off and is a liability.  someone got PFF scores?

His PFF ratings have dropped off over the past couple of years, but will only be a young 29 when the season starts. Would definitely like it if they took a shot with him.

2015 - 80.9
2016 - 88.4
2017 - 64.3
2018 - 75.1
2019 - 61.0
2020 - 50.4
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 02:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: His PFF ratings have dropped off over the past couple of years, but will only be a young 29 when the season starts. Would definitely like it if they took a shot with him.

2015 - 80.9
2016 - 88.4
2017 - 64.3
2018 - 75.1
2019 - 61.0
2020 - 50.4

Worse case he competes in camp
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 02:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: His PFF ratings have dropped off over the past couple of years, but will only be a young 29 when the season starts. Would definitely like it if they took a shot with him.

2015 - 80.9
2016 - 88.4
2017 - 64.3
2018 - 75.1
2019 - 61.0
2020 - 50.4

Worth pointing out that he went to ARZ in 2019 and they are playing a 3-4 scheme, IIRC.
He may be a better fit in a 4-3 or 4-2-5 compared to a traditional 3-4.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 04:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Worth pointing out that he went to ARZ in 2019 and they are playing a 3-4 scheme, IIRC.
He may be a better fit in a 4-3 or 4-2-5 compared to a traditional 3-4.

seems the eagles miss him

https://section215.com/2020/03/13/philadelphia-eagles-jordan-hicks-mistake/

or at least some fans
Reply/Quote
Would really like to add him to the young group of LBers over bringing back Bynes. The FA pool is pretty shallow, although there could be some cuts coming as well.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 12:10 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: Would really like to add him to the young group of LBers over bringing back Bynes.   The FA pool is pretty shallow, although there could be some cuts coming as well.

A room of just Pratt, Wilson, ADG, Bailey, and Evans is taking a VERY big gamble that at least two of those guys take a big leap in development and at least 1-2 of the others improve as well.
Pratt is entering his critical third year, 3 of the guys are entering just their second year, and Evans is what he is - a final roster spot guy who plays ST.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 10:51 AM)Au165 Wrote: He has been granted permission to seek a trade. I know a lot of people here want a veteran presence and with his local ties and experience, a late day 3 pick may make sense. His contract has been reduced already so it makes sense financially. Waiting for him to be a camp casualty works as well, but a future 7th may be a proactive way to get some depth.

Would love this move. Hicks can play. I remember the guy was a stud in college but injuries slowed him up. In regards to a vet presence I think he’s an upgrade over bones for sure
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 10:25 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Would love this move.  Hicks can play.  I remember the guy was a stud in college but injuries slowed him up.  In regards to a vet presence I think he’s an upgrade over bones for sure

Agreed, and a guy who - despite his tenure in the league - maybe hasn't shown his full ceiling.  I used to write and moderate for an IDP (individual defensive players fantasy fb) site in the past, and Hicks came into the league w/ some considerable buzz.  The Cards have been trying to solidify their LB corps for quite a while, hence their recent draft history.  
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 10:25 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Would love this move.  Hicks can play.  I remember the guy was a stud in college but injuries slowed him up.  In regards to a vet presence I think he’s an upgrade over bones for sure

Agree.

Hicks has been a stud in the NFL when he was with the Eagles.

If he is healthy he is an upgrade as far as a vet LB for experience over Bynes.
Reply/Quote