Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Palmer Interview (Sirius)
(06-17-2020, 08:54 PM)Bruce Wrote: dont get me wrong Buddy, I think he CAN be very good. i just have some worries bout the kapernick sort of vibes im getting from him. not like be a dbag but like being to involved in all the soical shit and not being focused. i hope that never becomes an issue but i aint gonna lie, im worried about it. I want him to be a great qb not a great activist. if he just concetrates on football he could be an awsome one.

Yeah, hope he just sticks to football no doubt.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 08:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, hope he just sticks to football no doubt.

if he does i think he could be a top 10 guy in a couple years
Reply/Quote
For anyone who is interested, Jordan will be co-hosting with Solomon Wilcots tomorrow...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 08:57 PM)Bruce Wrote: if he does i think he could be a top 10 guy in a couple years

I just hope Zac doesn't hold him back with his playcalling. Need to keep Burrow comfortable and use the same system he ran at LSU
for the most part. Shotgun and letting him read Defenses with 5 man protection while handing the ball off to Mixon consistently.

This is what both kick ass at and the O-line at LSU was not fantastic, Burrow got hit tons last season while doing what he did.

If the O-line keeps improving on what they did late last season, he should have some time.

If so, forget top 10, he could be one of the best right up there with Mahomes in a couple years IMO.

His ability to take a snap shot of the Defense and read Defenses is extremely rare. He has all the intangibles to be great.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 08:54 PM)Bruce Wrote: dont get me wrong Buddy, I think he CAN be very good. i just have some worries bout the kapernick sort of vibes im getting from him. not like being a dbag but like being to involved in all the soical shit and not being focused. i hope that never becomes an issue but i aint gonna lie, im worried about it. I want him to be a great qb not a great activist. if he just concetrates on football he could be an awsome one. just play football and be great joe!!!!!

[Image: aXBcvTi.gif]

Reply/Quote
You guys are going to be severely disappointed if you want Burrow to just shut up and play football. That ain’t him. He used his platform during his Heisman speech to shine a light on one social issue near to him, and he’s already spoken out about recent events (which his teammates probably respected a lot). Personally I’m looking forward to having such a vocal QB after so many year of the quiet church boy...

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 09:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You guys are going to be severely disappointed if you want Burrow to just shut up and play football. That ain’t him. He  used his platform during his Heisman speech to shine a light on one social issue near to him, and he’s already spoken out about recent events (which his teammates probably respected a lot).  Personally I’m looking forward to having such a vocal QB after so many year of the quiet church boy...

Just saying I would rather him just be vocal on the field and with his coaches and teammates...
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 09:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just saying I would rather him just be vocal on the field and with his coaches and teammates...

Every indication suggests he’s just as passionate about succeeding on the field. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. I just want Joe to be Joe. No need to ask him to change.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 09:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Every indication suggests he’s just as passionate about succeeding on the field. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. I just want Joe to be Joe. No need to ask him to change.

Great point.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2020, 08:54 PM)Bruce Wrote: dont get me wrong Buddy, I think he CAN be very good. i just have some worries bout the kapernick sort of vibes im getting from him. not like being a dbag but like being to involved in all the soical shit and not being focused. i hope that never becomes an issue but i aint gonna lie, im worried about it. I want him to be a great qb not a great activist. if he just concetrates on football he could be an awsome one. just play football and be great joe!!!!!

Some people might not call it "social shit."

Everybody who talks about him goes on and on about just what a football junkie he is.

Could it be at all possible that an intelligent human might be able to be great at what they do and care about the world around them too?  Is it really an either or proposition?   That seems like a rather narrow view.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Funny how most of the same people who are worried about "social shit" distracting Burrow from football have no worries about Christian athletes being distracted by talking about God or praying on the sidelines.

It is ridiculous to think that a great player can not think about anything else but football. But I guess it is okay as long as he is "distracted" by something these guys agree with instead of "social shit".
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2020, 09:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how most of the same people who are worried about "social shit" distracting Burrow from football have no worries about Christian athletes being distracted by talking about God or praying on the sidelines.

It is ridiculous to think that a great player can not think about anything else but football.  But I guess it is okay as long as he is "distracted" by something these guys agree with instead of "social shit".

I don't really care what "cause" they support. It is the NFL's blantant double standard when it comes to protests or support that pisses me off.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2020, 10:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't really care what "cause" they support. It is the NFL's blantant double standard when it comes to protests or support that pisses me off.

What double standard is that?
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2020, 09:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how most of the same people who are worried about "social shit" distracting Burrow from football have no worries about Christian athletes being distracted by talking about God or praying on the sidelines.

It is ridiculous to think that a great player can not think about anything else but football.  But I guess it is okay as long as he is "distracted" by something these guys agree with instead of "social shit".

the Lord is not a distraction. Hes the inspiration. 

for young. mr burrow. i want him to be the best he can be as a rookie and i think concetrating on football is the best way to do that. put all the other noise to the side. got plenty of time for that in the furture of his career. first he gotta make sure he becomes a good nfl qb first. then he can have a more powerful voice. if he flops aint no one gonna listen anyway so prove your a great qb first.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2020, 12:19 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: What double standard is that?

2012- NFL has issue with Tim Tebow kneeling in the end zone and praying, and wearing John 3:16 eye black and made him take it off
2013 -NFL fines Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to promote mental health awareness
2014- RGIII wore a t-shirt in a post game interview that said "Know Jesus-Know Peace" and they made him take it off.
2015- DeAngelo Williams fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for Breast Cancer Awareness
2016- Dallas Cowboys forbidden from honoring the 5 police officers killed in the line of duty in one night in that city.
2016-NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats in remembrance of 9/11

2020- NFL is all about free speech and expression.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2020, 10:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 2012- NFL has issue with Tim Tebow kneeling in the end zone and praying, and wearing John 3:16 eye black and made him take it off
2013 -NFL fines Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to promote mental health awareness
2014- RGIII wore a t-shirt in a post game interview that said "Know Jesus-Know Peace" and they made him take it off.
2015- DeAngelo Williams fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for Breast Cancer Awareness
2016- Dallas Cowboys forbidden from honoring the 5 police officers killed in the line of duty in one night in that city.
2016-NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats in remembrance of 9/11

2020- NFL is all about free speech and expression.

All of those things listed between 2012-2016 were all items of rules violations of either A) going to the ground in celebration, or B) violation of uniform policy.

Through collective bargaining and/or rules changes, they have amended or relaxed some of those rules, but there is still enforcement of what is on the books.  None of the things you have listed show a double standard, as those rules on the field after the start of the game and in official post game press conferences are still required to fall within the rules on the books.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2020, 08:54 PM)Bruce Wrote: for young. mr burrow. i want him to be the best he can be as a rookie and i think concetrating on football is the best way to do that.

I agree.

I just think it is kind of silly to say that an NFL player can't think about anything but football every minute of every day.  If Burrow starts letting his activism get in the way of football I will also be calling for him to step back.
Reply/Quote
I'm a little bummed that our big year with Burrow and a great offseason in general is going to be distracted from by the fact that this is an election year. 2016 was very similar to the stuff going on now, but right now its a bit more extreme than it was then. It is no coincidence. Im not a very political person, but its very clear that a lot of this stuff surges big time in an election year. The hate and divide is an embarrassment to all of humanity.

Football is a great distraction from ugly politics. Or at least it used to be. Hopefully after Nov everything settles down.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2020, 08:54 PM)Bruce Wrote: the Lord is not a distraction. Hes the inspiration. 

for young. mr burrow. i want him to be the best he can be as a rookie and i think concetrating on football is the best way to do that. put all the other noise to the side. got plenty of time for that in the furture of his career. first he gotta make sure he becomes a good nfl qb first. then he can have a more powerful voice. if he flops aint no one gonna listen anyway so prove your a great qb first.

I've got news for you.  Joe is not a one trick pony.  He will be the best football player he can possibly be AND he will care about his fellow man and nobody will change that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2020, 02:20 PM)McC Wrote: I've got news for you.  Joe is not a one trick pony.  He will be the best football player he can possibly be AND he will care about his fellow man and nobody will change that.

aint No one said nothing about a one trick pony.
Reply/Quote