Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Palmer now NFL's most sought-after QB coach.
Looks like the old Bengal backup has made quite a name for himself.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/story/_/id/29048756/how-jordan-palmer-went-qb-washout-go-coach-no-1-nfl-draft-picks
Reply/Quote
Good for him. Between his pee app, and coaching QB’s, he’s made a nice living for himself. Not bad for a guy who was as terrible as Jordan. Lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I like Jordan, he is a good dude, good for him.
Reply/Quote
The only thing I remember about Jordan Palmer was him throwing wobbly ducks to the other team, or getting face planted by a vicious sack. Jordan Palmer made Ryan Leaf look like an all Pro. 

The guy played qb like an uncoordinated teenager that's just been thrown into a game for the first time. Gangly, with arms and legs flying in different directions. The saying that comes to mind is does as I say not as I do.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:50 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: The only thing I remember about Jordan Palmer was him throwing wobbly ducks to the other team, or getting face planted by a vicious sack.

The guy played qb like an uncoordinated teenager that's just been thrown into a game for the first time. Gangly, with arms and legs flying in different directions. The saying that comes to mind is does as I say not as I do.

Yeah, he is another guy who is a good coach but just wasn't a good player in the NFL.

He was pretty damn good at UTEP though.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he is another guy who is a good coach but just wasn't a good player in the NFL.

Yes he was, and it goes to show again how thin the line is between excellent college QB and successful NFL QB. Just a completely different world at the NFL level. Smaller windows, faster reactions from DB's, and those rushers get there quicker. It really is hard to look at any college QB and guess which ones will make it at the next level.

Disclaimer: No, this is not a post having anything to do with the Bengals draft this year, this is just an honest observation about guys who do well in college but never transition to the NFL, cause there are a lot of them. 100's of college QBs and only 32 NFL starters.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Good for Jordan
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 04:41 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yes he was, and it goes to show again how thin the line is between excellent college QB and successful NFL QB. Just a completely different world at the NFL level. Smaller windows, faster reactions from DB's, and those rushers get there quicker. It really is hard to look at any college QB and guess which ones will make it at the next level.

Disclaimer: No, this is not a post having anything to do with the Bengals draft this year, this is just an honest observation about guys who do well in college but never transition to the NFL, cause there are a lot of them. 100's of college QBs and only 32 NFL starters.

Thanks for clearing that up. LOL

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 03:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he is another guy who is a good coach but just wasn't a good player in the NFL.

Yep.

I recall one of his games being on in the bar one night and he was absolutely destroying the opposing defense.  A guy on the other side of the bar yelled something along the lines of "looks like you guys got the wrong Palmer", as I was sporting a CP9 jersey.
Reply/Quote