Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Poyer to FA
Jordan Poyer to FA
Reply/Quote
Would be a great insurance policy should Hill not be completely ready to step up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I’d rather just have Bell or a rookie.

Poyer had 63 tackles and 4 int
Vonn had 77 tackles and 4 int

Vonn is younger
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I think its just nice to have other options in case Bell starts demanding too much. As much as I would love to have Bell back, we have other guys we need to sign as well.
Reply/Quote
The safety market is getting a little interesting with the releases of Poyer and John Johnson.

I'm a big fan of continuity, but if our guys leave, there should be veterans out there available for hire.

If we can't keep Bell or Bates, I'm a huge fan of CJ Gardner-Johnson of the Eagles. he looked like a heat-seeking missile in the Super Bowl. He also seems to be able to play all over the secondary.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2023, 10:30 PM)samhain Wrote: The safety market is getting a little interesting with the releases of Poyer and John Johnson.  

I'm a big fan of continuity, but if our guys leave, there should be veterans out there available for hire.  

If we can't keep Bell or Bates, I'm a huge fan of CJ Gardner-Johnson of the Eagles.  he looked like a heat-seeking missile in the Super Bowl.  He also seems to be able to play all over the secondary.

FA, not release.

The Johnson contract didn't make a ton of sense to me when they made it. Sure seemed like he got paid for a PFF grade. Then again, I guess they had absurd amounts of cap then they had to spend somewhere. They finished the year before that deal with almost $30m in unspent cap space. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 12:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: FA, not release.

The Johnson contract didn't make a ton of sense to me when they made it. Sure seemed like he got paid for a PFF grade. Then again, I guess they had absurd amounts of cap then they had to spend somewhere. They finished the year before that deal with almost $30m in unspent cap space. 

That's a strong possibility.  

I'm also open to the possibility that the Browns' defensive coordinator sucked and didn't know how to use him.  That defense in general was pretty bad despite having quite a few big name players.  Well, unless you count when they played the Bengals on Halloween.  They were the 85 Bears that day.
Reply/Quote