Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Reed
Any thought of bringing in Jordan Reed for a role similar to Tyler Eifert last year. Limit him to around 20 snaps a game mainly in the redzone. Hes been cleared and still wants to play.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 05:43 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Any thought of bringing in Jordan Reed for a role similar to Tyler Eifert last year.  Limit him to around 20 snaps a game mainly in the redzone.  Hes been cleared and still wants to play.

He has had at least six concussions.  The league should stand up and protect him from himself.  His only sensible move is to retire.  He's a good player but that really is beside the point.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He and Eifert are the same kind of player, so much talent but just can not seem to stay healthy unfortunately.

I agree McC, Reed should not be playing anymore, with all the CTE stuff and how many concussions he has had, just for the best to hang up the cleats.

Now, if he wants a job as an assistant TE coach, hell yes bring him on him.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As others have stated, Reed might be more or at least as equal to Eifert as far as injury risk. 

This is his list of injuries since he's been in college: Jordan Reed Injury History

It's just a brutal list. I can't see him making any type of sustained comeback.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 05:43 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Any thought of bringing in Jordan Reed for a role similar to Tyler Eifert last year.  Limit him to around 20 snaps a game mainly in the redzone.  Hes been cleared and still wants to play.

He might be the one guy with a more dubious injury history than Tyler Eifert.

If we were going to get a Free Agent TE, well actually I don't know who we'd get. Hell give Ben Watson one more year he doesn't seem to want to ever retire.

I'd probably just stick with our guys plus possibly a draft pick or even an UDFA.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 08:10 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: He might be the one guy with a more dubious injury history than Tyler Eifert.

If we were going to get a Free Agent TE, well actually I don't know who we'd get. Hell give Ben Watson one more year he doesn't seem to want to ever retire.

I'd probably just stick with our guys plus possibly a draft pick or even an UDFA.

Give me Ben Watson, love this guy except when he plays us lol
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 10:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Give me Ben Watson, love this guy except when he plays us lol

He decided what the hell, guess I'll retire and go ahead and file for Social Security.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Hard pass on Reed. The injuries have taken a toll on him. Uzomah is probably better at this point.
Reply/Quote
Speaking of TEs, I saw in this article that Tampa Bay may be looking to trade OJ Howard. I wonder if the Bengals might be interested in him .

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/buccaneers-tight-end-o-j-howard-on-the-trading-block-per-report/
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2020, 09:48 AM)bwh Wrote: Speaking of TEs, I saw in this article that Tampa Bay may be looking to trade OJ Howard. I wonder if the Bengals might be interested in him .

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/buccaneers-tight-end-o-j-howard-on-the-trading-block-per-report/

Pass unless it’s for next to nothing. I’d also be surprised you’d think they want to keep their TE’s for Brady.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 10:09 PM)McC Wrote: He decided what the hell, guess I'll retire and go ahead and file for Social Security.  

Hilarious 

How many years has Ben been around anyways? Geez. Shocked
Reply/Quote
I’d take Jordan reed alllllll day. Him with Auden tate in the slot would be epic for Burrow
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 02:31 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: I’d take Jordan reed alllllll day.  Him with Auden tate in the slot would be epic for Burrow

He's got no business playing any more. Six known concussions. And I'd say if there are six documented, there are probably even more than that.

Reply/Quote
I would only take reed on a minimum deal, no guarantees and only as a red zone weapon. Even then it’s iffy. Dude should walk away while he still can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Love Reed as a player and would have no problem signing him to a cheap deal and limiting his snaps.

However, with his CTE history, I think we would be killing him.

Pass to save him from himself.

I'd be willing to roll the dice on Delaine Walker, however.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 11:28 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Love Reed as a player and would have no problem signing him to a cheap deal and limiting his snaps.

Yes, Id hate to see us try and squeeze out a season from a guy who has this many CTE issues. Cant the NFL force retirement due to these circumstances? The dude now needs to look to protect his future health. 
Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t mind bringing in Lance Kendricks...
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2020, 11:28 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Love Reed as a player and would have no problem signing him to a cheap deal and limiting his snaps.

(05-01-2020, 12:47 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: I wouldn’t mind bringing in Lance Kendricks...

Like both of these guys as well, tons of options.

Still wanting O-line help the most, a decent Guard in case neither Jordan nor Price improve.
Reply/Quote
I'd kick the tires on Delanie Walker.
Proven threat downfield that can get YAC
And he's got those yrs of experience to help
Mentor Sample
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 06:39 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: As others have stated, Reed might be more or at least as equal to Eifert as far as injury risk. 

This is his list of injuries since he's been in college: Jordan Reed Injury History

It's just a brutal list. I can't see him making any type of sustained comeback.

its actually worse than Eifert's.  Eifert was hurt by 2 major freak injuries.  Reed has ongoing concussion and hamstring problems.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote