Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Willis
Has been playing great this Preseason so far. Heard he is our best Lineman this preseason by PFF.

Glad to see him coming around as I was really high on him before we drafted him.

Evidently he has been working with a bunch of different coaches and he feels he is progressing well.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Has been playing great this Preseason so far. Heard he is our best Lineman this preseason by PFF.

Glad to see him coming around as I was really high on him before we drafted him.

Evidently he has been working with a bunch of different coaches and he feels he is progressing well.

him stepping up and then this WYNN guy....  it might be a good year for the DL
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 03:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: him stepping up and then this WYNN guy....  it might be a good year for the DL

Picking DL will be hard this year.

Atkins, Dunlap, Billings, and Hubbard are starters.
Lawson is obviously a good pass rusher. He'll be kept and rotate in at RDE.
If they keep both Willis and Wynn, that leaves 2 spots.
You'd think they keep Wren to avoid him going to PS.
Who do you keep between Andrew Brown and Ryan Glasgow? I'm not sure they keep both.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There was a good article on him on the mothershp. Hold on....

https://www.bengals.com/news/willis-run-run-and-reaching-in-d-line-scramble

Sounds like he put some good work in this offseason.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 03:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Picking DL will be hard this year.

Who do you keep between Andrew Brown and Ryan Glasgow? I'm not sure they keep both.
There going ten 
DL 10
LB 5
DB 10
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 03:59 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Picking DL will be hard this year.

Id say the final spot is between Glasgow and Wren at the moment  Brown has earned a spot.

Id wager WREN is the guy they keep based on upside... But Glasgow has been solid for us.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 04:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Id say the final spot is between Glasgow and Wren at the moment  Brown has earned a spot.

Id wager WREN is the guy they keep based on upside... But Glasgow has been solid for us.

Glasgow has been our best d lineman against the run recently. D line is definitely are best group. Anyone pay attention to Wren the last game. I heard he played a lot of snaps but that was it.
Reply/Quote
Glasgow's not going anywhere IMO.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 04:29 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Glasgow has been our best d lineman against the run recently.  D line is definitely are best group.  Anyone pay attention to Wren the last game. I heard he played a lot of snaps but that was it.

well if we keep 10   I guess we can keep them all lol..

And use Lawson from the LB spot occansionally (to rush the passer)
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 04:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well if we keep 10   I guess we can keep them all lol..

And use Lawson from the LB spot occansionally (to rush the passer)

Yeah it will likely be the 10 that you guys have mentioned.  The last battle could be Tupou fighting his way on.  He's a true backup NT, you have to weigh the traits listed above (Glasgow's run support, Brown's flashes, Wren's raw potential) to make room though.  I feel really good about the DL.
Reply/Quote
I've seen Willis flourish before in the preseason
If he's on the final roster by Hawks Game
Then he needs to.come out like a house on fire.
To this point he's a been a draft flop.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 04:17 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: There going ten 
DL 10
LB 5
DB 10

What makes you think they only go 5 LBs? You expect to see mostly 2 LBs on the field and therefore be able to get away with just 5?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think Willis would be a good candidate for us to trade. Pass rushers have a lot of value. We could land LB or OL help.

Apparently Kiko Alonso may not make the Dolphins. Then the Dolphins also have the ex Buckeye whose name i can not remember right now. Went early in the draft and blew out his knee his rookie year and but played in some games last year. They need DE help
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 05:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What makes you think they only go 5 LBs? You expect to see mostly 2 LBs on the field and therefore be able to get away with just 5?

In a nutshell yes. Also I think Williams or Fedj will play LB and Dennard or Webb will move to safety in Nickle packages as well.
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 05:18 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: In a nutshell yes. Also I think Williams or Fedj will play LB and Dennard or Webb will move to safety in Nickle packages as well.

Have we had any safeties playing nickel LB in preseason up to this point? I haven't been able to watch since I'm out of the local market now.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 05:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Have we had any safeties playing nickel LB in preseason up to this point? I haven't been able to watch since I'm out of the local market now.

Not yet but the Giants did it a lot with Collins last year. I am assuming that with what they payed both Webb and Dennard that neither will be sitting that much.
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 03:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: him stepping up and then this WYNN guy....  it might be a good year for the DL

Man I jumped on the defense should be great last year anchored by our great DL.

I so hope I was just a year off, but I do like the addition of Wynn, Lawson back from injury and bigger and Willis progressing. We were best when we had a 8 man DL to rotate the 1st 3 quarters so Geno and Dunlap were fresh in quarter #4 and the other team's OL was not fresh.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Like others have posted I think they will go heavy on the D-line because they’re a talented group . If I had to guess Dunlap, Atkins, Billings, Hubbard, Lawson, Wren, Glasgow are pretty much locks. Willis, Wynn and Brown battling for the last 2 spots if they go 9. I think the only thing lacking on the D-line is a pass rushing DT to line up next to Geno on passing downs in the Wallace Gillberry role. Brown might fit that role, also I believe Wynn did it a bit with the Giants. I see Wren as a project with this basically being a redshirt year with him being inactive on game days. Billings and Glasgow serve as the run stuffing DT’s.
Reply/Quote
It's hard to really read much into preseason play...but glad he's playing well.
Reply/Quote

Hopefully we get back to that rotation that broke sack records.
Reply/Quote