Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Rankings
(09-10-2019, 01:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It was. And lost in all the optimism from fans about how great the new offense is...is a bunch of mistakes on offense and poor execution at times. The PFF ratings show that. Really none of our players had a great game. Hopkins had a good game. Everyone else was above average or below...with some guys doing bad.

Hopefully we see improvement from game to game.

While losing by 1 is something. We should have easily won that, and it's a bit concerning that we didn't due to lost opportunities, conservative playcalling at the wrong times, lack of execution, mistakes, etc.

It comes down to Redzone execution going 0-3 in touchdowns is unacceptable. Also giving up an uncontested TD is bad and failing to tackle a RB in flat is bad.
Overall a lot to be happy bout but they need to finish off drives better.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 01:55 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: It comes down to Redzone execution going 0-3 in touchdowns is unacceptable. Also giving up an uncontested TD is bad and failing to tackle a RB in flat is bad.
Overall a lot to be happy bout but they need to finish off drives better.

I felt like playcalling was ok overall until it got inside the redzone, then it was below average to poor.

You can't rely on scoring on big plays constantly in the NFL. You're going to need to string drives together more often than not.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 02:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Does Mixon get points from PFF for such a smart heads up play?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 12:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ESPN is big market biased to get more viewers. Cincinnati has to be a top 5 team to get accurate coverage from them

PFF moved them up 9 spots.

ESPN moved them up 1 spot.

Yawn

P.S. Browns fell from 17th to 30th.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 01:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think that's some of it. We're probably the least popular franchise in the NFL too.

IF we start winning playoff games though, ESPN will flock to us...atleast initially.

You think so? Do teams like Buffalo, TB, Detroit, etc have more national fans than us? At least we have cool helmets/uniforms, and have been more relevant than those teams for the most part.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 07:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You think so? Do teams like Buffalo, TB, Detroit, etc have more national fans than us? At least we have cool helmets/uniforms, and have been more relevant than those teams for the most part.

I do.

But, yes I bet those teams lack fans too.

I'd say TB has more fans. Detroit is a larger city.

Buffalo? They might have fans left from the Jim Kelly era.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 07:12 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You think so? Do teams like Buffalo, TB, Detroit, etc have more national fans than us? At least we have cool helmets/uniforms, and have been more relevant than those teams for the most part.

There are a lot of Bills fans here in Virginia believe it or not. Very few Bucs and Lions though. Surprising amount of Bengals fans. So no I don't think we have the least amount of fans.
 I live in the DC Baltimore Richmond area so because  of the Military and Government Jobs we get people from everywhere. So I think it's a good taste of what the nation looks like.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

I think Buffalo has plenty of old school fans left over from the 90s, and TB has that group around my age who jumped on them when they won their Super Bowl. Detroit would probably be in the same boat as Cincinnati, but at least they have their whole state to themselves.

The only franchises I'd feel comfortable saying have smaller fanbases than we do would be Jacksonville and *maybe* the Chargers.

And to be honest it doesn't even really bother me all that much. They're ours, all ours!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 11:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Those teams all ran up big scores, but was the play action more effective because they had big leads?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 02:46 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Those teams all ran up big scores, but was the play action more effective because they had big leads?

Maybe, but all of those teams are known for great running game. 

So teams have to respect the play action versus teams who have issues with run blocking.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote