Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Willis waived
Well I don't like the move, but it's not like Willis didn't have his chance.

They are serious about keeping all these Nose Tackles.

I thought Tupou (sp) would be the first to go before a young 3rd year DE.

On a side note, why can't we seem to trade anyone? We need picks with this "Model, Model" philosophy we have.

With the NYG guy we signed on a 1 year deal, this was a gamble given we had Willis signed through 2020.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Twitch
Reply/Quote
Does this move speak to how little faith they have in LB Evans? Pratt I can see as he is a rookie so he gets a redshirt year but does not say much about Evans
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Based on the output from the DLine in week 1, Willis was expendable. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 06:09 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Does this move speak to how little faith they have in LB Evans? Pratt I can see as he is a rookie so he gets a redshirt year but does not say much about Evans

Reynolds will be waived next week and we will bring in someone from Buffalo..... Wink
Reply/Quote
We just need to stop drafting in the 3rd Rd. I feel bad for Pratt
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 06:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Based on the output from the DLine in week 1, Willis was expendable. 

My thought as well. Willis may be a decent talent, but the starters showed A LOT on Sunday.

Gotta find someone expendable to fix the LB situation. I like the strategy behind the move.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 06:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Based on the output from the DLine in week 1, Willis was expendable. 

We still have 10 DL

DE 
Dunlap, Hubbard, Lawson, Wynn, Brown
DT
Atkins, Billings, Glasgow, Tupou, Wren

Wills has never looked like more than just a guy. He had a bit of a strange personality as well. 
Reply/Quote
In 28 career games he had 45 tackles and 2 sacks.
Reply/Quote

I feel like I would have waived Kerry Wynn instead. He did nothing in preseason and was pretty bad against Seattle.

I thought Willis was pretty decent in preseason too.

Would rather see the younger, more talented guy kept over Wynn.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 06:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well I don't like the move, but it's not like Willis didn't have his chance.

They are serious about keeping all these Nose Tackles.

I thought Tupou (sp) would be the first to go before a young 3rd year DE.

On a side note, why can't we seem to trade anyone? We need picks with this "Model, Model" philosophy we have.

With the NYG guy we signed on a 1 year deal, this was a gamble given we had Willis signed through 2020.

I think the deal with Willis is, he's failed to take the major step forward.  For example, last season when Lawson and Glassgow both went down for the season, he had a golden opportunity to get the reps and show something positive.  He could have shown at DE, or even as a DT on Nickle packages.  He did nothing of note..

Hate to see another relatively high draft pick hit the bricks, but better than suffering through them, like we did under the Marvin regime.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 06:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: My thought as well. Willis may be a decent talent, but the starters showed A LOT on Sunday.

Gotta find someone expendable to fix the LB situation. I like the strategy behind the move.

Wynn graded out pretty bad against Seattle.

Billings, Atkins, Dunlap, and Hubbard all shined very bright. Doesn't mean they all did.
Reply/Quote
that's crazy man. I thought he was pretty good.

But I guess they just figured he was a garden variety DE. Not an elite pass rusher or run stopper. Just kind of a body.

Shrug.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 07:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: that's crazy man. I thought he was pretty good.

But I guess they just figured he was a garden variety DE. Not an elite pass rusher or run stopper. Just kind of a body.

Shrug.

Right. Well, he's not elite...but I felt he was fairly solid.

They've made A LOT of questionable moves so far in the offseason or draft.

And, people were all raving about the draft. Sample and Pratt played something like 3 plays each. MJ started and played the entire game...but didn't do good.

The free agent signings: Miller was terrible. Wynn and Webb were both bad also.
Reply/Quote
More proof that ZT reads the boards. He got tired of folks not taking bfine's advice and posting D-Will and J-Will instead of Willis, so he cut J-Will to keep me from being confused.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Did he even play Sunday. I didn’t think he would amount to anything. What was his deal? Injuries, just not catching on? He didn’t seem to play much other than his rookie year.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 08:01 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Did he even play Sunday. I didn’t think he would amount to anything. What was his deal? Injuries, just not catching on? He didn’t seem to play much other than his rookie year.

He did not.

As others have said already, I would have kept him over Wynn.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 07:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like I would have waived Kerry Wynn instead. He did nothing in preseason and was pretty bad against Seattle.

I thought Willis was pretty decent in preseason too.

Would rather see the younger, more talented guy kept over Wynn.

I saw Wynn flash as much, if not more, than Willis. Earlier in games.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Well, I guess I am one of the few that don't like this at all.

First time I have had a real problem with a move made by ZT.

Jordan Willis was improving big time and I would of loved to see him improve in our rotation.

Have no idea who this Reynolds guy is except he is a scrub.

Do not like this. Makes no sense to me. The LB's played great last game, no need to weaken the team for a scrub.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 09:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, I guess I am one of the few that don't like this at all.

First time I have had a real problem with a move made by ZT.

Jordan Willis was improving big time and I would of loved to see him improve in our rotation.

Have no idea who this Reynolds guy is except he is a scrub.
Do not like this. Makes no sense to me. The LB's played great last game, no need to weaken the team for a scrub.
Agree Nate. I would think Willis would have had some trade value. Whether it was for a low draft pick or a back up LB that may need a change of scenery. 3rd year guy would should have been able to get something for him.
Reply/Quote