Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Willis waived
(09-10-2019, 10:06 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Agree Nate. I would think Willis would have had some trade value. Whether it was for a low draft pick or a back up LB that may need a change of scenery. 3rd year guy would should have been able to get something for him.

Feel the same. Seems a major waste for a player that hasn't done much at all in Reynolds.

Jordan Willis was our best D-lineman in Preseason according to PFF on a great D-line. Keep him or trade him.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 09:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, I guess I am one of the few that don't like this at all.

First time I have had a real problem with a move made by ZT.

Jordan Willis was improving big time and I would of loved to see him improve in our rotation.

Have no idea who this Reynolds guy is except he is a scrub.

Do not like this. Makes no sense to me. The LB's played great last game, no need to weaken the team for a scrub.

Sam Hubbard had as many sacks in 1 game than Jordan Willis had in 28.
Jordan Willis was drafted to be a pass rushing monster.
You know things that Cameron Wake , Myles Garrett, and Joey Bosa do.
Willis simply lacked traits that all great pass rusher possess.
You cant forever on a player to turn it on.
At some point you decide to cut your losses. 
What Willis did in preseason is fools gold.
He got sacks vs guys working at Wendy's or Krogers now
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 05:21 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Wow I'm gonna miss his preseason all pro showings
Does this,mean he's gonna to try NASCAR now.
Another blown pick by Lewis/Tobin.

Considering that all the most productive players from last Sunday's game were Lewis/Tobin picks, I'll give them a pass on Willis.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 06:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We just need to stop drafting in the 3rd Rd. I feel bad for Pratt

Sam Hubbard disagrees with this   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
The fact no one was willing to give up a 2021 conditional 7th round pick is all people probably need to know in terms of how the league views him.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 07:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like I would have waived Kerry Wynn instead. He did nothing in preseason and was pretty bad against Seattle.

I thought Willis was pretty decent in preseason too.

Would rather see the younger, more talented guy kept over Wynn.

Me too.  I know he wasn't even active in week 1 and I guess it comes down to too many guys that play his spot.  I think they want more DEs that could rotate inside, but I thought he was starting to show...
Reply/Quote
did they add J-Will to PS?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Anyone claim him?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 08:34 AM)Au165 Wrote: The fact no one was willing to give up a 2021 conditional 7th round pick is all people probably need to know in terms of how the league views him.

Bengals aren't good at trading players, and stockpiling picks.

Browns got a 3rd round pick for a backup rb, when we were acting like we wouldn't get anything higher than a 5th round pick for Gio.
Steelers got a 5th round pick for a 3rd string QB.

We'll see if he is claimed. If he is, they could have traded him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 11:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: You know things that Cameron Wake , Myles Garrett, and Joey Bosa do.

So you just going to ignore where these guys were drafted compared to Willis, and demand the same type of player?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 08:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Me too.  I know he wasn't even active in week 1 and I guess it comes down to too many guys that play his spot.  I think they want more DEs that could rotate inside, but I thought he was starting to show...

Why did they keep Wynn? They probably had a major hand in signing him as he played for Lou's Giants.

We can criticize Marvin for playing favorites all we want, but this is likely the case of a new staff playing favorites. They weren't going to give up on their free agency signing Wynn THIS EARLY.

But, Willis is likely the better player and has more potential.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 09:42 AM)jj22 Wrote: Bengals aren't good at trading players, and stockpiling picks.

Browns got a 3rd round pick for a backup rb, when we were acting like we wouldn't get anything higher than a 5th round pick for Gio.
Steelers got a 5th round pick for a 3rd string QB.

We'll see if he is claimed. If he is, they could have traded him.

A guy on a rookie deal that was a former 3rd Round pick likely gets claimed.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 11:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Sam Hubbard had as many sacks in 1 game than Jordan Willis had in 28.
Jordan Willis was drafted to be a pass rushing monster.
You know things that Cameron Wake , Myles Garrett, and Joey Bosa do.
Willis simply lacked traits that all great pass rusher possess.
You cant forever on a player to turn it on.
At some point you decide to cut your losses. 
What Willis did in preseason is fools gold.
He got sacks vs guys working at Wendy's or Krogers now

That's fine...but Kerry Wynn has 4.5 sacks in 6 years.

Willis had 2 in 2 years.

I think Wynn is what he is. There was a lot of hope of the new coaching staff coming in and developing players like Jefferson and Willis...and bam BOTH waived.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 09:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why did they keep Wynn? They probably had a major hand in signing him as he played for Lou's Giants.

We can criticize Marvin for playing favorites all we want, but this is likely the case of a new staff playing favorites. They weren't going to give up on their free agency signing Wynn THIS EARLY.

Team Defense:

#4 Cincinnati Bengals 21 points 233 total yards 161 yards passing 72 yards rushing on their field.

I'm not prepared to claim they don't know what they're doing, just yet.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 06:09 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Does this move speak to how little faith they have in LB Evans? Pratt I can see as he is a rookie so he gets a redshirt year but does not say much about Evans

Evans didn't even register a tackle against SEA. I'd rather see Pratt out there over Evans.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Disappointing outcome for a guy who flashed his rookie year and for whom a lot of us had some hope.

This Reynolds guy, though, is probably going to be the next big thing.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
...Reynolds is just a body. This is not a move because Reynolds is about to change our defense, it's a move to add depth and get rid of a guy who was never going to see the field. Brown has more upside at this point and is a similar player. This is how the NFL works, especially if you weren't a 1st round pick.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 09:59 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Team Defense:

#4 Cincinnati Bengals 21 points 233 total yards 161 yards passing 72 yards rushing on their field.

I'm not prepared to claim they don't know what they're doing, just yet.

It's 1 game! 1 game. We lost 21-20 and some people on this board act like we won the Super Bowl.

And how much did Kerry Wynn contribute to that #4 rating? How about the draft picks? How about the signings?

Yeah...NONE of those guys played at better than a Below Average rating.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 10:57 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's 1 game! 1 game. We lost 21-20 and some people on this board act like we won the Super Bowl.

And how much did Kerry Wynn contribute to that #4 rating? How about the draft picks? How about the signings?

Yeah...NONE of those guys played at better than a Below Average rating.

I'm well aware it's one game and I'm in no way claiming we won the Super Bowl nor am I claiming we're the 85 Bears defense reincarnated.

What I am saying is I don't care if Larry, Mo, and Curly were on the field ? The defense played well besides a couple plays. And with more heart and desire than they have in quite some time.

In fact they took it to the Seahawks ! in their house

Where will the Bengals D finish the season ? I don't know, but I'd bet it's not in the bottom 1/4 of the league. And I'm not going to claim they're releasing the wrong players just yet.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 09:49 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Why did they keep Wynn? They probably had a major hand in signing him as he played for Lou's Giants.

Wynn has outplayed Willis in every regard.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote