Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Willis waived
(09-11-2019, 11:33 AM)McC Wrote: Wynn has outplayed Willis in every regard.

Willis graded out better in the preseason. Wynn graded out pretty bad against Seattle.

They likely kept Wynn for the same reason Marvin was accused of keeping guys...playing favorites as he came with Lou from the Giants.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 11:37 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Willis graded out better in the preseason. Wynn graded out pretty bad against Seattle.

Apparently to the coaches he didn't. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 09:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's fine...but Kerry Wynn has 4.5 sacks in 6 years.

Willis had 2 in 2 years.

I think Wynn is what he is. There was a lot of hope of the new coaching staff coming in and developing players like Jefferson and Willis...and bam BOTH waived.

Has it ever occurred to you that developing those two was attempted and it just couldn't be done?  Marvin couldn't do it and he basically gave up on both of them.

I realize the ship of your own private narrative is sinking and you gotta get these things in while you can, but come on.  Now you're just grasping at straws.  Just look at the long list of teams lining up to jump on both of them.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 11:37 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Willis graded out better in the preseason. Wynn graded out pretty bad against Seattle.

They likely kept Wynn for the same reason Marvin was accused of keeping guys...playing favorites as he came with Lou from the Giants.

So you're saying Willis is a hot commodity and will be snatched up in short order by another NFL team and most likely at least be seeing significant snaps very soon ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 09:43 AM)jj22 Wrote: So you just going to ignore where these guys were drafted compared to Willis, and demand the same type of player?

Draft position means very little when training camp opens.
Your darn right I demand that from every player 
Draft position.....get out of here.
Where was Damon Willis drafted
T.J Houshmanzedah?
Tyrek Hill?
Face it Jordan Willis could not produce on Sundays.
Couldnt even set the edge of all things 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 11:37 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Willis graded out better in the preseason. Wynn graded out pretty bad against Seattle.

Neither are very good. Maybe they kept the guy who works harder in practice, and has a better attitude?

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 11:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Neither are very good. Maybe they kept the guy who works harder in practice, and has a better attitude?

Wouldn't go as far to say as they aren't very good, but they are definitely not starter material; they're both role players.

And Wynn plays his role exceptionally-well, according to Giants brass, Giants fans and what we've seen thus far.

You just don't run him out there for 75% of snaps.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 11:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Sam Hubbard had as many sacks in 1 game than Jordan Willis had in 28.
Jordan Willis was drafted to be a pass rushing monster.
You know things that Cameron Wake , Myles Garrett, and Joey Bosa do.
Willis simply lacked traits that all great pass rusher possess.
You cant forever on a player to turn it on.
At some point you decide to cut your losses. 
What Willis did in preseason is fools gold.
He got sacks vs guys working at Wendy's or Krogers now

Willis was drafted to be an all around End that not only could rush the passer but stop the run.

Lawson was drafted to be a pass rushing monster, that is what he does.

Reynolds just seems to be a body for depth.

Just not infatuated with this move is all.

(09-11-2019, 09:59 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Team Defense:

#4 Cincinnati Bengals 21 points 233 total yards 161 yards passing 72 yards rushing on their field.

I'm not prepared to claim they don't know what they're doing, just yet.

(09-11-2019, 11:30 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm well aware it's one game and I'm in no way claiming we won the Super Bowl nor am I claiming we're the 85 Bears defense reincarnated.

What I am saying is I don't care if Larry, Mo, and Curly were on the field ? The defense played well besides a couple plays. And with more heart and desire than they have in quite some time.

In fact they took it to the Seahawks ! in their house

Where will the Bengals D finish the season ? I don't know, but I'd bet it's not in the bottom 1/4 of the league. And I'm not going to claim they're releasing the wrong players just yet.

Great points, cannot disagree with any of this.
Reply/Quote
Offenses often direct what players you draft in the front 7.
It's a passing league
It's been that way for a couple years now.
GMs don't go..."find me the best run stopping DEs and put them at the top of my draft board "
Defenses are all about making a QB uncomfortable
Willis was drafted for his NON STOP MOTOR and being to RUSH
the passer.
WILLIS DID NONE OF THAT AT THIS LEVEL.
He got blocked with ease and he had one pass rush move
Run stopping DEs went out the door with middle LBers
That can chase down RBs.
Marvin would have kept him cause Marvin's idea of a defensI've
Personal never left the Ravens mode of scheming
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 12:41 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Offenses often direct what players you draft in the front 7.
It's a passing league
It's been that way for a couple years now.
GMs don't go..."find me the best run stopping DEs and put them at the top of my draft board "
Defenses are all about making a QB uncomfortable
Willis was drafted for his NON STOP MOTOR and being to RUSH
the passer.
WILLIS DID NONE OF THAT AT THIS LEVEL.
He got blocked with ease and he had one pass rush move
Run stopping DEs went out the door with middle LBers
That can chase down RBs.
Marvin would have kept him cause Marvin's idea of a defensI've
Personal never left the Ravens mode of scheming

Guess i cannot argue with any of this really.

Just saying that was the intention of the pick, to have a 3 down End.

BTW, thought Lawson looked much better in the last game at stopping the run and in space which is great news.
Reply/Quote

You don't know that.  From what I gather, this coaching staff will go with players that best fit "team" mold, whatever that is.  Don't judge Wynn from one game.  Also, I do not think J-Will has been claimed and can be placed on PS.  Not sure though.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 12:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Guess i cannot argue with any of this really.

Just saying that was the intention of the pick, to have a 3 down End.

BTW, thought Lawson looked much better in the last game at stopping the run and in space which is great news.

Willis was supposed to be what Hubbard is now.
As a effective pass rush end...your either 
Fast with quick twitch and a get off
Or
Strong as a ox and can just bull rush or forklift guys.
Or
A combo of both 
Or just a,relentless motor to get after QBers.
Not the fastest or strongest just a great effort till the whistle blows guy.
Willis to me didn't do anything really special 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 01:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Willis was supposed to be what Hubbard is now.
As a effective pass rush end...your either 
Fast with quick twitch and a get off
Or
Strong as a ox and can just bull rush or forklift guys.
Or
A combo of both 
Or just a,relentless motor to get after QBers.
Not the fastest or strongest just a great effort till the whistle blows guy.
Willis to me didn't do anything really special 

Guess the coaches agree with you. Hadn't seen enough of him to say one way or the other this year.

Hubbard has great hands, I think this is what sets him apart. He can shed blocks easily.
Reply/Quote
J-Will has not signed with another team. I think he would be eligible for PS. Maybe the Bengals bring him back.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
well their is everyones answer as why we couldn't finagle a late round pick off someone
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 04:18 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: J-Will has not signed with another team.  I think he would be eligible for PS.  Maybe the Bengals bring him back.

Jet claimed him off waivers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 05:46 PM)pally Wrote: Jet claimed him off waivers

I was going to say, team like Miami needs to at least look like they are trying to win. I am not surprised he was dded, he was cut due to our depth in my opinion.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 05:03 PM)McC Wrote: Damn.

Joe Mixon will not be playing this sunday,he is nursing a very sore ankle and if any of you say that injury,I am super surprised he did not severly break that sucker badly. Injuries,Injuries,Injuries,it never stops here.I believe the guy they just picked up will start in his place and I hope they do not put number 25 as the starter as he will not get it done,they better allow this guy some practice time as if they go with Gio,we will lose.He cannot even get a yard for a 1st down.Joe needs to rest that ankle and hit the ice and trainers for the next game. If he trys to play he will just hurt it worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 06:00 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Joe Mixon will not be playing this sunday,he is nursing a very sore ankle and if any of you say that injury,I am super surprised he did not severly break that sucker badly. Injuries,Injuries,Injuries,it never stops here.I believe the guy they just picked up will start in his place and I hope they do not put number 25 as the starter as he will not get it done,they better allow this guy some practice time as if they go with Gio,we will lose.He cannot even get a yard for a 1st down.Joe needs to rest that ankle and hit the ice and trainers for the next game. If he trys to play he will just hurt it worse.

The guy they just picked up is a linebacker so he is not likely to be starting for Mixon.  If he can't go the Bernard will start with Williams who is back to practice backing him up

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 06:09 PM)pally Wrote: The guy they just picked up is a linebacker so he is not likely to be starting for Mixon.  If he can't go the Bernard will start with Williams who is back to practice backing him up

And Perine.
Reply/Quote