Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Willis
(08-21-2019, 05:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Man I jumped on the defense should be great last year anchored by our great DL.

I so hope I was just a year off, but I do like the addition of Wynn, Lawson back from injury and bigger and Willis progressing. We were best when we had a 8 man DL to rotate the 1st 3 quarters so Geno and Dunlap were fresh in quarter #4 and the other team's OL was not fresh.

Once Lawson and Vigil got hurt the Defense went down hill. People are underrating the impact those two had on this Defense.
If the Dline can stay healthy then expect big things from the defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 06:21 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Once Lawson and Vigil got hurt the Defense went down hill. People are underrating the impact those two had on this Defense.

Not to mention coaching and Burfict falling off a cliff.

Austin and Haslett were terrible.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 05:17 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think Willis would be a good candidate for us to trade. Pass rushers have a lot of value. We could land LB or OL help.

Apparently Kiko Alonso may not make the Dolphins. Then the Dolphins also have the ex Buckeye whose name i can not remember right now. Went early in the draft and blew out his knee his rookie year and but played in some games last year. They need DE help

Raekwon McMillian
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 06:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not to mention coaching and Burfict falling off a cliff.

Austin and Haslett were terrible.

I forgot all about Burfict. He did he fall and fall quickly. He was the worst LB on the field for us last year and that is saying a lot.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 06:21 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Once Lawson and Vigil got hurt the Defense went down hill. People are underrating the impact those two had on this Defense.

Lawson back is huge no doubt even if he dosent get sacks he’s constantly getting pressure. But the defense was bad from the beginning. Lawson didn’t get hurt till week 8 versus Tampa. Vigil is overrated in my opinion he’s slightly below average. Vigil got hurt against the Steelers and the defense got destroyed against Atlanta and Carolina with him and Lawson playing. It will be interesting to see how the defense does under Lou versus Austin’s coaching.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 06:54 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Lawson back is huge no doubt even if he dosent get sacks he’s constantly getting pressure. But the defense was bad from the beginning. Lawson didn’t get hurt till week 8 versus Tampa. Vigil is overrated in my opinion he’s slightly below average. Vigil got hurt against the Steelers and the defense got destroyed against Atlanta and Carolina with him and Lawson playing. It will be interesting to see how the defense does under Lou versus Austin’s coaching.

1.) I would say the Defense wasn't as bad as the numbers would indicate to begin the year.  They had trouble getting off the field on third downs which really hurt them.

2.) Vigil was on pace for a huge season.
 For the first 5 weeks he was on pace for 131 solo Tackles , 157 Total tacklels. 12  TFL, and 6  PD. Also according to PFF he was top 10 in rush stoppage and one of only only 8 lb who did not give up a TD in coverage.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 05:17 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I think Willis would be a good candidate for us to trade. Pass rushers have a lot of value. We could land LB or OL help.

Apparently Kiko Alonso may not make the Dolphins. Then the Dolphins also have the ex Buckeye whose name i can not remember right now. Went early in the draft and blew out his knee his rookie year and but played in some games last year. They need DE help

You're thinking of Raquon McMillan. If Alonso can't make the Dolphins roster, not so sure he would upgrade what we have. 
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 07:32 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You're thinking of Raquon McMillan. If Alonso can't make the Dolphins roster, not so sure he would upgrade what we have. 

Kiko does fit the mold of Mikey boy. Once very good LB, now getting older ala Karlos Dansby.

Still wouldn't mind it. Always liked Kiko Alonso but I wouldn't trade Willis for him right when Willis is hitting his prime.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 07:21 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 1.) I would say the Defense wasn't as bad as the numbers would indicate to begin the year.  They had trouble getting off the field on third downs which really hurt them.

2.) Vigil was on pace for a huge season.
 For the first 5 weeks he was on pace for 131 solo Tackles , 157 Total tacklels. 12  TFL, and 6  PD. Also according to PFF he was top 10 in rush stoppage and one of only only 8 lb who did not give up a TD in coverage.

They were decent week one versus Indy and had a huge turnover. They played good versus Baltimore week 2 I’ll give you that. After that it was all downhill. They gave up 230 yards on the ground to Carolina. Gave up 36 points to Atlanta, 495 yards total, the Pittsburgh meltdown and so on and so on. If Vigil had 157 tackles he would have been 2nd in the league in tackles just behind Darius Lennard with 163. I don’t think Vigil is terrible just don’t think he’s a game changer. Other posters said he rated out below average for the season.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 07:32 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You're thinking of Raquon McMillan. If Alonso can't make the Dolphins roster, not so sure he would upgrade what we have. 

I would take either right now. Behind Vigil Preston Evans and Pratt we dont have much. Ideally we would have guys making it hard to choose who to cut to get to 6 LBs. Hell I have a hard time deciding who I want to keep to get to 5. Hardy was my favorite to rip on last year. And right now he is the front runner. Even after showing his major weakness and getting absolutely burnt in coverage for a long TD this pre season

If we could trade a guy who is battling for a roster spot at our strongest position group and upgrade our glaring weak spot. It would be wise
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 08:38 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I can certainly appreciate the love posts for many of the Bengals DL (Geno, Lawson, Dunlap, et al) this year. But, the fact is, the Bengals defensive statistics in 2018 were 32nd (out of 32 teams). The Bengals were the WORST defensive NFL team in 2018. No one, I repeat, no one on the defense is worth keeping. Homer man-crushes just feeds into the ineptitude of this organization. The fact is, the Bengals have less than average players.

For the Bengals to win in 2019 it will rest on the offense. The defense is horrible. The shinning light is Dan Fouts was successful under the same conditions.

Wow, CUT'EM ALL EVEN THE HOF'ER GENO ATKINS!!! Even though the DC, LB coach and LB'ers were the problem...

Craziest post I have seen in awhile lmao!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
If we have such great dline depth, for the love of everything holy, please trade for some ol help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 08:58 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: If we have such great dline depth, for the love of everything holy, please trade for some ol help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I would be down with that if we could get a good LT.

I just was wanting to see Willis abuse QB's and RB's here.

Hoping Turner can get this O-line up to par. They have struggled with run blocking but the pass protection has been good.

The penalties happen like crazy in Preseason lately, hard to judge them on this as some calls have been VERY ticky tacky.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 09:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Guess I would be down with that if we could get a good LT.

I just was wanting to see Willis abuse QB's and RB's here.

Hoping Turner can get this O-line up to par. They have struggled with run blocking but the pass protection has been good.

The penalties happen like crazy in Preseason lately, hard to judge them on this as some calls have been VERY ticky tacky.

I wasn't necessarily talking about Willis.  Any team that might have ol help for us that needs dl help I'm all ears.  Even if it's just quality back up, swing tackle type
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 09:05 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I wasn't necessarily talking about Willis.  Any team that might have ol help for us that needs dl help I'm all ears.  Even if it's just quality back up, swing tackle type

Glasgow, Brown or Wynn might be a thought.

Glasgow is a good run stopper though we will probably need.

Brown is very talented could be a star hybrid type. Wynn has impressed and is a good run stopping End with great size.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 09:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Glasgow, Brown or Wynn might be a thought.

Glasgow is a good run stopper though we will probably need.

Brown is very talented could be a star hybrid type. Wynn has impressed and is a good run stopping End with great size.

Wynn seemed like he was all over the field so far in pre-season.

I hope his tenacity/play is valid and carries over into the regular season.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I hope they dont go light at Defensive Tackle like they did last year. After Glasgow went down it really hurt the defense because they really didnt have anyone to replace him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

raekwon mcmillan.  I may take him in a trade.... willis for Rak mac!  
Reply/Quote
Shout out to Ryan Glasgow he has looked really good this preseason coming off an ACL and has been playing with the first string. I believe he would be starting on alot of teams.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 03:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: him stepping up and then this WYNN guy....  it might be a good year for the DL

I like Wynn a lot.  Great signing by the Organization.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote