Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Willis
(08-22-2019, 12:30 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Enough to get a bottom of the roster type OL or LB from a team in need of DE depth. 

If he is a hard cut for us and our DL appears stacked then a team thin at DL would surely listen to an offer.

Nobody on the planet would trade a bottom roster OL (which is what we have right now) or a LB (which I actually think we'll be much better this year) for Willis.

Absolutely nobody.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 12:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Correct.

Until 2016 and 2018, MJ ALWAYS had high pass rush numbers, even if he didn't have the sack totals and truthfully, did we ever have a BAD defense when he was with us? Until the last 3 years, the worst year we had in defensive rankings was 2014, the one year he wasn't on the team from 2009-2015

If Hubbard plays 11 years for us, gets 6-7 sacks a year and plays stout run D, there's no problem with that at all, as we have the other pass rushers to make up for it.

If we had nobody and we relied on Hubbard strictly for pass rush and he got only 6-7 sacks a year, then there would be a problem.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I was being negative toward MJ. He was a solid starter for many years. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 09:18 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Wynn seemed like he was all over the field so far in pre-season.

I hope his tenacity/play is valid and carries over into the regular season.

…. and everyone was acting like he was a lazy pickup...

(08-21-2019, 09:26 PM)Synric Wrote: I hope they dont go light at Defensive Tackle like they did last year. After Glasgow went down it really hurt the defense because they really didnt have anyone to replace him.

(08-21-2019, 09:34 PM)Synric Wrote: Shout out to Ryan Glasgow he has looked really good this preseason coming off an ACL and has been playing with the first string. I believe he would be starting on alot of teams.

Yeah Glasgow is good but Billings is coming into his own, just watch Synric.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 08:59 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You know, I was considering that maybe I was a touch harsh in my previous post about your fandom...

But yeah, you're a cloudcuckoolander if I ever saw one.

Not only is that an incredibly idiotic thing to say, that may be the most ridiculous and asinine assessment on this board, ALL OFFSEASON.

So I don't take it back; don't let the door hit you and all that.

Is that some Canadian slang Truck? LMAO!!!

(08-22-2019, 12:40 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Correct.

Until 2016 and 2018, MJ ALWAYS had high pass rush numbers, even if he didn't have the sack totals and truthfully, did we ever have a BAD defense when he was with us? Until the last 3 years, the worst year we had in defensive rankings was 2014, the one year he wasn't on the team from 2009-2015

If Hubbard plays 11 years for us, gets 6-7 sacks a year and plays stout run D, there's no problem with that at all, as we have the other pass rushers to make up for it.

If we had nobody and we relied on Hubbard strictly for pass rush and he got only 6-7 sacks a year, then there would be a problem.

MJ was starting for us last year or am I mistaken?

Worst D we have had in a long time, not his fault but he is a walking tree, no bend.

The Linebackers were the biggest problem last season and the coaching on D.

BTW, I think Hubbard can excel your 6.5 a year sack number. He is a splash play guy.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 10:42 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If I recall correctly, our Dline was fantastic during the pre-season last year and then went on to be relatively mediocre during the season.

I hope we don't repeat that trend this year because, again, our Dline has been  impressive this pre-season, as far as pass rushing goes.

Man I drank a big swig of the Koolaid in pre-season last year.

Billings looked like a beast as well.

The D was the flagship to the whole team.

Then I looked down as the season went on and could see that in fact water was at my ankles and the gum had fallen out of the hole that was keeping it afloat!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 12:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I didn't mean to make it sound like I was being negative toward MJ. He was a solid starter for many years. 

And I didn't mean to sound like I was defending him :$

We're on the same page and agreeing! Big Grin

(08-22-2019, 01:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is that some Canadian slang Truck? LMAO!!!

MJ was starting for us last year or am I mistaken?

Worst D we have had in a long time, not his fault but he is a walking tree, no bend.

The Linebackers were the biggest problem last season and the coaching on D.

BTW, I think Hubbard can excel your 6.5 a year sack number. He is a splash play guy.

Nope, a common trope in media!:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Cloudcuckoolander

Essentially, someone who is completely out of it.

If Hubbard does better than what I hypothesized, all the better! Big Grin
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 01:37 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And I didn't mean to sound like I was defending him :$

We're on the same page and agreeing! Big Grin

Nope, a common trope in media!:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Cloudcuckoolander

Essentially, someone who is completely out of it.

If Hubbard does better than what I hypothesized, all the better! Big Grin

Well you nailed it ha ha  Cool 

Hubbard is special and is looking better and better. I expect big things from the man.

I am not an OSU homer either, don't even care for the Buckeyes but Hubbard is a stud.

Also love Price if he can grow into his own.

Might of pissed of some Buckeye fans there about not being a fan but I don't care, I am a Bengals fan, nothing else.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 01:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well you nailed it ha ha  Cool 

Hubbard is special and is looking better and better. I expect big things from the man.

I am not an OSU homer either, don't even care for the Buckeyes but Hubbard is a stud.

Also love Price if he can grow into his own.

Might of pissed of some Buckeye fans there about not being a fan but I don't care, I am a Bengals fan, nothing else.

Hubbard is going to be a long term DE starter for us. Maybe not a pro bowler but a stud for us. Better than MJ who was as flexible as a flag pole. He was already better than MJ was in his first year here. Our front 4 should be damn solid this year with #58 coming in on passing downs.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 01:55 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Hubbard is going to be a long term DE starter for us.  Maybe not a pro bowler but a stud for us. Better than MJ who was as flexible as a flag pole.  He was already better than MJ was in his first year here.  Our front 4 should be damn solid this year with #58 coming in on passing downs.

Completely agree, i think Hubbard could be a pro bowler or even better All Pro.

He has great hands and knows how to shed blocks instinctively. I like Willis cause he can stop the run, one thing that MJ was good at. Willis also has more bend than MJ who had none as you say. Lawson's bend is incredible though, his shoulder scrapes the ground at times, insane. It was unfair last season to our D-line. Doesn't matter how good your DL is if the Linebackers are that terrible.

The QB can just drop the ball off to the RB or TE for a first down and slowly wear out the DL.

I think with Pratt here now and a healthy Preston and most notably a new LB coach in Tem we can shut that shit down.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 12:41 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Nobody on the planet would trade a bottom roster OL (which is what we have right now) or a LB (which I actually think we'll be much better this year) for Willis.

Absolutely nobody.

I agree to disagree. Because a couple years ago if someone said we should trade bene benwikere away for a draft pick i would have said yea right nobody on the planet would do that.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 06:27 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I agree to disagree. Because a couple years ago if someone said we should trade bene benwikere away for a draft pick i would have said yea right nobody on the planet would do that.

Pretty much anything is possible. Willis is a guy i wouldn't like us trading away but if we can upgrade the team in doing so i am for it.

Teams need pass rushers and we need blockers. A trade is a good trade when it benefits both parties.
Reply/Quote