Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jose Peraza to CF ?
Some interesting thoughts

https://blogredmachine.com/2018/12/28/cincinnati-reds-jose-peraza-center-field/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Only if we trade away an outfielder (or two). We already have 4 (Winker, Kemp, Shebler, Puig). I think either Shebler or Puig was be decent in centerfield.

Wasn't Senzil working in the outfield in the Arizona League or something like that?
Reply/Quote
I like the idea of keeping Peraza's bat in the lineup. I think it is more likely to trade Scooter for pitching and move Peraza to 2B.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm not big on the idea of moving a solid infielder to the outfield unless you have no other options available. Moving him just to make room for another guy who has yet to play in the big leagues doesn't necessarily make sense either. While I like the idea of bringing Senzel up to the major leagues, I don't like the notion of moving anyone out of their position for that purpose.
Pereza has some proven abilities at the major league level while Senzel has none. You only pull off these moves when the minor leaguer has proven themselves at the major league level and not until then.
I think Senzel will be a fine major league player, but until he actually proves it he's still just a minor leaguer. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 09:51 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm not big on the idea of moving a solid infielder to the outfield unless you have no other options available. Moving him just to make room for another guy who has yet to play in the big leagues doesn't necessarily make sense either. While I like the idea of bringing Senzel up to the major leagues, I don't like the notion of moving anyone out of their position for that purpose.
Pereza has some proven abilities at the major league level while Senzel has none. You only pull off these moves when the minor leaguer has proven themselves at the major league level and not until then.
I think Senzel will be a fine major league player, but until he actually proves it he's still just a minor leaguer. 

I get what you're saying but at the same time they're most likely going to have to get a little creative to get the best bats in the lineup.

You're talking major leaguers here but the Big Red Machine didn't really reach it's peak until they moved Pete Rose from the outfield to 3rd base and got George Fosters bat in the lineup.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 02:21 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I like the idea of keeping Peraza's bat in the lineup. I think it is more likely to trade Scooter for pitching and move Peraza to 2B.

Could be ? But I fully agree they have to get another top level starter to have any chance at nearly any cost.
Reply/Quote
The Reds need to solidify a position for Senzel, this indecision BS has gone on too long. Stop jerking the future around and plant that seed so he can sprout. The Reds need to drop their wait and see approach and be more ballsy with decisions. Yes, there can be consequences but there can also be rewards. Stop the wishy washy, playing both sides, safe decision making and make the tough calls that need to be made.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 07:09 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: The Reds need to solidify a position for Senzel, this indecision BS has gone on too long. Stop jerking the future around and plant that seed so he can sprout. The Reds need to drop their wait and see approach and be more ballsy with decisions. Yes, there can be consequences but there can also be rewards. Stop the wishy washy, playing both sides, safe decision making and make the tough calls that need to be made.

Yep

Waiting, waiting, waiting on everything to be just perfect and totally safe rarely works. You gotta take some leaps !
Reply/Quote