Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joseph Ossai
(08-15-2021, 09:11 PM)pally Wrote: Dave Lapham said on his podcast that the wrist is broken.  He was in a cast on the plane last night. More imaging was scheduled to be done. Regardless, a fractured wrist on a Dlineman is something that can be played through so he is not expected to miss regular-season time. However, it can impact the learning curve of preseason

That’s good if he can play through it. Based on his first game he seems to be in good shape especially since he won’t be relied on as a starter.
Reply/Quote
That is some early bad news. He looked great yesterday. Hopefully it isn't a long term set back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Heard if they do surgery he could be back by week 1.... sounds like an injury he can play through.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 09:11 PM)pally Wrote: Dave Lapham said on his podcast that the wrist is broken.  He was in a cast on the plane last night. More imaging was scheduled to be done. Regardless, a fractured wrist on a Dlineman is something that can be played through so he is not expected to miss regular-season time. However, it can impact the learning curve of preseason

Well on the bright side, he looked gameday-ready last night. Hopefully he doesn’t lose a step and it’s something that he can play through
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 11:59 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Heard if they do surgery he could be back by week 1.... sounds like an injury he can play through.

From what I’ve seen of Ossai one of his best strengths is his hands and how he uses them to shed blocks & tomahawk. Think the wrist would hinder that ability. I say shelve him till ready.
Reply/Quote
That stinks. He can still play but it does hinder his effectiveness not being able to use that hand. Outside of chase he was my favorite draft pick. Smith is becoming my 3rd. Hope to see good things from sample too.

Glad it’s not something more serious where he can’t play, but it’s definitely disappointing as he was our best player out there—and for him to get injured. I don’t think he needed to be out there as much as he was. You could tell he was good to go after the first series. Would have been smart to have him play the 1st quarter, then get other guys involved to evaluate.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 12:14 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: From what I’ve seen of Ossai one of his best strengths is his hands and how he uses them to shed blocks & tomahawk. Think the wrist would hinder that ability. I say shelve him till ready.

I think it depends on if him playing slows his rehabilitation. If it doesn’t then no reason to rest if it will heal all the same.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 04:37 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think it depends on if him playing slows his rehabilitation. If it doesn’t then no reason to rest if it will heal all the same.

We have ZERO depth at DE.  We need him to play immediately.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 05:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We have ZERO depth at DE.  We need him to play immediately.

I’d be down for that. Just as long as it won’t make it worse by him playing. If he can cast it up and he can suit up, go for it. Based on the one game, I think he would help us tremendously, broken wrist or no broken wrist.
Reply/Quote
F***

Of course it’s a broken bone
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Far as the Ossai injury goes I rather have him come back when he's completely healed if there's a chance he could do more damage by playing. Depth was always an issue at DE we were one Hubbard or Hendricks injury away from a rookie starting at DE. I also had no problem with Ossiai playing that long into the game he's a 3rd round rookie who needs reps, we couldn't have Hubbard or Hendricks playing too much , Khaild Kareem was inactive, we lost Hubert for the year ,we were pretty thin at DE.
Reply/Quote
From the home page.......fwiw

Quote:Ossai was immense on the edge before he hurt this wrist colliding with fellow rusher Hodge at the quarterback on his 22nd and last play. No bones shattered and the initial sense is he's going to be OK and he'll be back in time for the opener, given the condensed preseason. The finale is in just 13 days.
Quote:
So it sounds like at worst it was a fracture.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 05:22 PM)GodFather Wrote: ...We are OVERDUE for a break on the injuries!!

We are overdue for a break FROM the injuries!  BE SPECIFIC!  Otherwise, it sounds like the injury in question would be a "break" as in broken bone.  :)
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 07:28 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’d be down for that. Just as long as it won’t make it worse by him playing. If he can cast it up and he can suit up, go for it. Based on the one game, I think he would help us tremendously, broken wrist or no broken wrist.

Well, the bright side of this is we saw Hodge step up and showcase his "skilz"....he may be a keeper.
Hoping Ossai can be back soon and its a minor fracture?
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 05:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We have ZERO depth at DE.  We need him to play immediately.

Sample & Hodge looked pretty good last game. That is 4. Plus Bledsoe & Kareem are there. A hit, yes. But not a huge blow. I'd rather he let it heal & come back strong. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 05:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Looked excited for the next game. Sounded like nothing. Twisted wrist at most. Might miss the Washington game so we can 
save him for the Vikings in the opener.

Nothing a little spit and duct tape can't fix!

Well crap, just read its a fracture! Time to get ready Mr. Sample!
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 11:50 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Sample & Hodge looked pretty good last game. 

Not really bashing Hodge, but he seems like the classic case of a player who makes a splash in one meaningless pre-season game and turns into a fan favorite for a couple of weeks.

Believe me, we are so thin on the edge that I would be thrilled to see anyone step up at that position, but I need to see a lot more than one game to get on Hodge's bandwagon.  He was probably playing against a guy who won't even make an NFL roster.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 11:53 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Nothing a little spit and duct tape can't fix!

[Image: logo6.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 12:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not really bashing Hodge, but he seems like the classic case of a player who makes a splash in one meaningless pre-season game and turns into a fan favorite for a couple of weeks.

Believe me, we are so thin on the edge that I would be thrilled to see anyone step up at that position, but I need to see a lot more than one game to get on Hodge's bandwagon.  He was probably playing against a guy who won't even make an NFL roster.

He’s apparently been really good all camp.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2021, 11:53 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Nothing a little spit and duct tape can't fix!

Well crap, just read its a fracture! Time to get ready Mr. Sample!

So he gets a Club to smack people with?
Reply/Quote