Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joseph Ossai
Joseph Ossai is victim of the amount of snaps they can spread around to their DE's. He started the year with a high ankle sprain and in that time Myles Murphy has taken large portion of the snaps that go to the DEs not named Hendrickson and Hubbard. I seen they have tried to get Ossai snaps from the inside in some rabbit packages because they are light on interior rushers.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Murphy is just outplaying Ossai. I was hoping Ossai would help be the solution but it’s looking like Murphy is HIM.
Reply/Quote
Could Ossai be possible trade bait this off-season? I know its nice to have depth, but if a team is willing to give up a pick for him and he isnt getting snaps here, he might be worth parting with.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 03:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Could Ossai be possible trade bait this off-season? I know its nice to have depth, but if a team is willing to give up a pick for him and he isnt getting snaps here, he might be worth parting with.

I think with DJ out, he will probably get a few more snaps as they move around some players on the line so next 3 games should give a better gauge if he can contribute or not.. With his lack of production, best we would probably do in a draft is a 6 or 7 pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2023, 02:24 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd say Ossai has definitely been the biggest disappointment this season for individual players. His stock was ascending in 2022. We expected him to step up and become the next best pass rusher after Trey. Something had to have happened in the offseason because he was getting a lot of playing time in the preseason when plenty of media and fans thought he should be resting on the sidelines with a lot of other key defenders. 

Last year in the regular season Ossai had 4 sacks and a PFF grade of 55.3.  That is pretty meh.  In the post season he had zero sacks and a PFF grade of 52.2.   I have never seen the reason so many fans thought he was going to have a great year.  I have always thought he looks fairly mediocre.  Im guessing the coaching staff played him this preseason because they thought he needed to get better and needed the reps.
Reply/Quote
Like I said in another thread, most of the time that I notice him is when he's walking back to the huddle after a play, but I never seem to notice him during the play as he just never stands out.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote