Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joseph Ossai Interview
It's crazy to me how the opinions about Ossai committing a Personal Foul at the end of a playoff game and Burfict committing a Personal Foul at the end of a playoff game differ.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 08:44 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well I would definitely have to disagree with most improved. But maybe that's from the perspective of having lost all that we did pre draft. I'm fine with DJ but I'll worry about any rookie until we see it on the field. I really loved the Battle pick because I was worried about the safety position and I think he gives us depth but also more flexibility and a better chance at having a quality safety duo this year. I also think/hope that the new additions will give us an increase in interceptions and that's certainly an area we've needed to improve. 

I’m sure it’s regards to pre-draft and after the draft.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 08:47 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think the AFC North is weaker. Lamar can’t stay healthy. Cleveland’s roster is shot and I’m not a buyer in Pickett.

I think KC is going to have OL issues. I think we are a bad matchup for the Bills.

I think the Browns are gonna all depend on Watson. I'm not too sure I really believe in him at this point so they may struggle. The Ravens just don't lose a lot of games during the season and while I agree I'm not that afraid of Lamar at this point and he has struggled to stay healthy. But now that they signed him if he does stay healthy they will be in the mix at the end. The steelers in think are probably the most underrated of the bunch. I sure hope Pickett ends up being bad but at the end of the year they were playing some decent ball as well. They did a lot to address they're own Oline and like the Ravens they just don't typically lose that many regular season games. I think we can win the North but I wouldn't be shocked if any of the other 3 teams won as well.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 09:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's crazy to me how the opinions about Ossai committing a Personal Foul at the end of a playoff game and Burfict committing a Personal Foul at the end of a playoff game differ.

That one is not so shocking. Ossai hasn't shown himself to be a player that pushes the boundaries of dirty play like Burfict did. While they both had a similar feeling watching the play of wanting the player to ease up. I remember knowing exactly what Burfict was doing and what his intent was as the play unfolded. 

The thing that sucks about Burfict is we aren't even in the position to win the game without him. If Hill doesn't fumble he's the hero of the game. Instead he's the catalyst for one of the worst losses I've experienced. Also I will never understand how they couldn't get a better camera angle on the fumble. I know Hills knee was down yet for some reason in a prime time playoff game we have two angles that show absolutely nothing.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 09:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I blame the shitty punt more than Ossai.

Ossai was one play out of a few that hurt the bengals. He played well outside that one penalty. Bengals need him back playing at a higher level. The OL will be much improved at tackle spots. Punter has been addressed. New guy for pass rush. All the areas where the bengals fell just short were addressed. Don’t you think?
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 10:04 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Ossai was one play out of a few that hurt the bengals. He played well outside that one penalty. Bengals need him back playing at a higher level. The OL will be much improved at tackle spots. Punter has been addressed. New guy for pass rush. All the areas where the bengals fell just short were addressed. Don’t you think?

Depth in the secondary and WR helps too.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 08:47 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think the AFC North is weaker. Lamar can’t stay healthy. Cleveland’s roster is shot and I’m not a buyer in Pickett.

This is FAR from reality.  Every team in the AFCN improved. In fact, they all likely improved much more than the Bengals.  Of course we were already better the rest. OBJr and a solid Jonah could be huge.

The AFCN is likely the 2nd best conference in the NFL, and if Tua goes out then we are likely the best.

Ravens, could have the Top defense and best WR group since Lamar was drafted, RB is healthy.

Steelers, Pickett is another year older and they fixed their worst issue - Oline (one of the best OT's in the draft and best G in Free Agency)

Browns, have another WR threat, have a real DC, and Watson can only get better.  

Some experts have all 4 in the Top 15 Power Rankings.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 11:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is FAR from reality.  Every team in the AFCN improved. In fact, they all likely improved much more than the Bengals.  Of course we were already better the rest. OBJr and a solid Jonah could be huge.

The AFCN is likely the 2nd best conference in the NFL, and if Tua goes out then we are likely the best.

Ravens, could have the Top defense and best WR group since Lamar was drafted, RB is healthy.

Steelers, Pickett is another year older and they fixed their worst issue - Oline (one of the best OT's in the draft and best G in Free Agency)

First of all I don’t disagree with anything you said really. But I don’t think Watson will ever be elite again. I don’t think Pickett is good enough to lead Pittsburgh to a strong team. I agree the Ravens improved but I don’t think Lamar can stay healthy. I don’t think any improved to our level. If the OL gels I think this team that won 10 straight is much better. I’m real impressed with the roster. Maybe I should have said I think we are stronger than the others.

Reply/Quote
(05-09-2023, 11:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is FAR from reality.  Every team in the AFCN improved. In fact, they all likely improved much more than the Bengals.  Of course we were already better the rest. OBJr and a solid Jonah could be huge.

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/05/steelers-given-worst-odds-to-win-afc-north/

Part of why I said it was that we are a clear favorite. So maybe I should have said in relation to the other teams instead of weaker. I probably should have said it better

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 08:44 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well I would definitely have to disagree with most improved. But maybe that's from the perspective of having lost all that we did pre draft. I'm fine with DJ but I'll worry about any rookie until we see it on the field. I really loved the Battle pick because I was worried about the safety position and I think he gives us depth but also more flexibility and a better chance at having a quality safety duo this year. I also think/hope that the new additions will give us an increase in interceptions and that's certainly an area we've needed to improve. 

I could see most improved from a depth standpoint.  Lose Bell and Bates, but added Turner, Battle, Scott, and should get to see what we have in last year's 5th rounder, Tyson Anderson.  CTB in his second year and Chido coming back from injury.  In 2022, that room had little to no depth behind the starters, but CTB impressed as a rookie, coming off injury early, to make an impact.  

I think the secondary is now one of the strengths of the team. 

It wasn't long ago that the Bengals LB room was a bunch of retreads and athletes without great instincts.  They drafted speed, production, and instincts and have built a very deep LB room as well.  It was just further along than the secondary.  
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2023, 08:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I know the heading looks different, but this was the link to a 4 minute interview with Joseph Ossai.

I remember after "the play" where he grabbed Mahomes arm and tried to pull him back (and Mahomes flopped and flailed his arms with an acting manuever that had the likes of rothlisburger and Brady applauding) and getting flagged for what ended up being the penalty that would give the Chiefs a shot to win it.  He stood there in front of the cameras with tears in his eyes.  The guy just played his best NFL game at the biggest moment, but only that play would be remembered.

I immediately got online and ordered an Ossai Jersey.  I wore it out the night of the draft party.  You would be amazed how many people came up to me, not to insult me (or Ossai) but to praise the guy and how they all hoped he had support from the team, etc.

This interview, talking so much about "the prize" and so little about personal glory, has me loving this guy that much more.  

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/look-tyler-boyd-jamarr-chase-tee-higgins-vacation-with-damar-hamlin?fbclid=IwAR0Kx2bEagulyqdFcECExpydE03IOCLMukWZquXoQjTIS3Oxq7__iqARQIk

Nice interview and thread SHRacer. Joseph sure is a selfless person you just want to root for. Expecting great things from him 
this year, he finally started to show the talent that I saw in him at Texas last year. Like he said, it is about getting back there and
getting that Lombardi trophy. It is time, the Murphy addition and the growth of Ossai have me ecstatic about our future at End.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 01:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice interview and thread SHRacer. Joseph sure is a selfless person you just want to root for. Expecting great things from him 
this year, he finally started to show the talent that I saw in him at Texas last year. Like he said, it is about getting back there and
getting that Lombardi trophy. It is time, the Murphy addition and the growth of Ossai have me ecstatic about our future at End.

Same here, Nate.  Pass rushers can make an immediate impact on passing downs.  Ossai didn't get a chance his rookie season, but by the end of his first season playing, I felt like he was just getting better and better.  Add Murphy in to the mix, and even a Boogie Basham, and you could have a really fun rotation at DE and guys like Sample getting more opportunities inside.
Reply/Quote