Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joseph Ossai Shoulder
Also undergoing the knife was Joseph Ossai who had surgery to repair a torn labrum in the shoulder. Based on Tee and Logan's recovery last season, he should be ready right around training camp.

Have we heard anything about Ja'Marr...there was a concern that he would need surgery on the hip after the season

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2023, 01:22 PM)pally Wrote: Also undergoing the knife was Joseph Ossai who had surgery to repair a torn labrum in the shoulder.  Based on Tee and Logan's recovery last season, he should be ready right around training camp.

Have we heard anything about Ja'Marr...there was a concern that he would need surgery on the hip after the season

Who thumbed down your update Pally? That is bogus. BTW, not hearing anything about Ja'Marr's hip might be a good thing.

Ossai played crazy good with a torn labrum, cannot imagine his growth when healthy this next season. I am with some others 
that we might need to look for a game wrecking 3-tech similar to Geno in the Draft like Mazi Smith to really take our pass rush 
to another level, this could really help the young guys in Ossai, Sample and Gunter, not to mention Hendrickson and Hubbard.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 03:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who thumbed down your update Pally? That is bogus. BTW, not hearing anything about Ja'Marr's hip might be a good thing.

Ossai played crazy good with a torn labrum, cannot imagine his growth when healthy this next season. I am with some others 
that we might need to look for a game wrecking 3-tech similar to Geno in the Draft like Mazi Smith to really take our pass rush 
to another level, this could really help the young guys in Ossai, Sample and Gunter, not to mention Hendrickson and Hubbard.

Hopefully, CarolinaFanGuy was just commenting on the whole surgery thing not trying to kill the messenger.

Joseph first hurt the shoulder during the week 14 Cleveland game. He left the game in the 3rd QTR with the arm dragging.  He went to the blue tent but did come back to play in the game again.  He appeared to reinjure it during the Buffalo game ( I believe).  He, however, never appeared on any injury report

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That’s good I guess he didn’t blow out his knee on that last play
Reply/Quote
I’d hate to look at Ossai in 5 years and he’s just a journeyman. I really thought he took a step vs KC as he was really good. 3rd year coming up so hopefully he recovers
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 09:24 PM)Housh Wrote: I’d hate to look at Ossai in 5 years and he’s just a journeyman. I really thought he took a step vs KC as he was really good. 3rd year coming up so hopefully he recovers

If he's just a journeyman after five years then he's a total waste of a pick. They needed O-line more than anything and spent a very high third round pick on a now injury prone backup DE with the occasional flashes of brilliance and also stupidity.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 11:38 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: If he's just a journeyman after five years then he's a total waste of a pick. They needed O-line more than anything and spent a very high third round pick on a now injury prone backup DE with the occasional flashes of brilliance and also stupidity.

True but the Bengals had already used the first 2 picks on offense. Got to give Lou something to work with. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2023, 11:38 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: If he's just a journeyman after five years then he's a total waste of a pick. They needed O-line more than anything and spent a very high third round pick on a now injury prone backup DE with the occasional flashes of brilliance and also stupidity.

Labrum tears are pretty simple fixes, unless the doc finds a lot of "junk" like bone spurs from years of abuse that need abaded.  Even if that is the case, back to rehab the first week, and light weight training in 12 weeks.  As long as it wasn't a full thickness tear of the rotator cuff, he should be "good as new" by OTAs.

I say this not because of my profound medical knowledge, but because I underwent a shoulder rebuild at age 47, and then continued competing in Masters Strongman, just a year later.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote