Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joseph Ossai update
Joseph hyperextended his knee on that infamous play against the Chiefs. Of bigger concern is that he tore the labrum in his left shoulder in the 2nd Browns game. He had surgery in early Feb. He expects to be ready for the season

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Seems a bit fragile.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 12:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Seems a bit fragile.

Hence, the Myles Murphy selection.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He was a 3rd round selection and at best a rotation player. You hope he can give some explosive plays with limited reps and he showed some of those last year
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 12:08 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: He was a 3rd round selection and at best a rotation player. You hope he can give some explosive plays with limited reps and he showed some of those last year

After missing the proir season I thought Ossai had a solid and productive season for us. He made some plays, always hustled to the whistle. 
Im thinking he had 3 or 4 sacks?  
Reply/Quote
He played some of his best games after tearing his labrum. Except for 1 boneheaded play, that stemmed from hustle, he played a really good game against the Chiefs

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 12:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Seems a bit fragile.

3rd rounder for a reason

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 12:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: 3rd rounder for a reason

Chase and Carman were drafted right before him.. You make it sound like a 3rd rounder is because he's so fragile.. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but from my understanding Chase was considered to be kind of good, maybe even better than Ossai.. Carman was a pick for a position of need.. Absolutely..Ossai was a mere 3rd round pick because of his fragility. I'm surprised he wasn't an undrafted free agent being such a fragile baby.. LOL
Have you reconsidered your analysis? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2023, 01:00 PM)grampahol Wrote: Chase and Carman were drafted right before him.. You make it sound like a 3rd rounder is because he's so fragile.. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but from my understanding Chase was considered to be kind of good, maybe even better than Ossai.. Carman was a pick for a position of need.. Absolutely..Ossai was a mere 3rd round pick because of his fragility. I'm surprised he wasn't an undrafted free agent being such a fragile baby.. LOL
Have you reconsidered your analysis? 

Ossai was highly touted. Getting him in the 3rd was like getting Lawson in the 4th. Both those guys had talent higher than where they went. And they play premium positions. But they went later because there were some issues

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Finally started showing that crazy talent late last year and in the Playoffs and he did it injured.

This guy is going to be really good. This guy was supposed to go in the early 2nd round in every Mock around leading
up to that Draft. He was a major steal if he can stay healthy, Ossai is our best pass rusher besides Hendrickson, Murphy
will have to prove he is better here before I say otherwise. Murphy is a better run stopper though for sure.

Expecting big time growth from Ossai this year now that he should be healthy and had meaningful success against the
best of the best in the Playoffs.
Reply/Quote