Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Allen Contract Extension
Terms: #Bills and QB Josh Allen have reached agreement on a 6-year, $258M extension, locking him in through 2028. $150M guaranteed, per
@AdamSchefter
. That comes out to $43M per year. Massive. Money

Comes out to average $43 Million per season until 2028. Bengals better win the next 2 seasons because Joey Burrows about to have a BIG pay day if he has a good year this year and next.
Reply/Quote
Let's hope he turns out to be good enough to reset the market
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let's hope he turns out to be good enough to reset the market

I think Mike Brown's head might explode or have a massive coronary if he has to pay a QB $50 million a year to play for his team.  
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:12 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I think Mike Brown's head might explode or have a massive coronary if he has to pay a QB $50 million a year to play for his team.  

He can just sign over ownership of the Bengals to Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:12 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I think Mike Brown's head might explode or have a massive coronary if he has to pay a QB $50 million a year to play for his team.  

All the more reason to pony up $2.2 Mil to my GoFundMe
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:06 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Terms: #Bills and QB Josh Allen have reached agreement on a 6-year, $258M extension, locking him in through 2028. $150M guaranteed, per
@AdamSchefter

Comes out to average $43 Million per season until 2028.   Bengals better win the next 2 seasons because Joey Burrows about to have a BIG pay day if he has a good year this year and next.

id like to see a SB win before giving out that type of money
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: id like to see a SB win before giving out that type of money

I'm sure so would've Bills fans but Josh Allen getting paid.  

So will Lamar Jackson and Mayfield.  

My fear is in 2 years we could see the yearly average go from $43M this year to $60M by the time Burrow signs his contract
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:31 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I'm sure so would've Bills fans but Josh Allen getting paid.  

So will Lamar Jackson and Mayfield.  

My fear is in 2 years we could see the yearly average go from $43M this year to $60M by the time Burrow signs his contract

The actual number isn’t really important because the cap will go up as well. Really what you look at is the percentage of the cap tied up in your QB. There is a certain tipping point when that goes too far to field a competent team around the QB.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: The actual number isn’t really important because the cap will go up as well. Really what you look at is the percentage of the cap tied up in your QB. There is a certain tipping point when that goes too far to field a competent team around the QB.

And the salary cap is going to have massive jumps every year over the next 5-10 years.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: id like to see a SB win before giving out that type of money

Now I have a bad feeling Mike Brown will say this exact sentence to Burrow.

(08-06-2021, 02:44 PM)Synric Wrote: And the salary cap is going to have massive jumps every year over the next 5-10 years.

Agreed, because I have a feeling the USA isn't going back to the gold standard anytime soon.
Reply/Quote
Trevor Lawrence will make $100 Million a year before the end of his career, just watch.
Reply/Quote
That’s a lot of money to a guy who’s career almost didn’t get off the ground for saying Beyoncé was stanky.

He’s lucky he was drafted before 2020, dropping the N-word on Twitter ain’t so cool anymore.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: The actual number isn’t really important because the cap will go up as well. Really what you look at is the percentage of the cap tied up in your QB. There is a certain tipping point when that goes too far to field a competent team around the QB.

Right and you cant just pay cause thats the trend you gotta be getting value for the $$$$
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:47 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Trevor Lawrence will make $100 Million a year before the end of his career, just watch.

The Bengals are currently worth 2.2 billion so let me just say the amount of money people can make from the NFL had already amazed me. 
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2021, 02:06 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Terms: #Bills and QB Josh Allen have reached agreement on a 6-year, $258M extension, locking him in through 2028. $150M guaranteed, per
@AdamSchefter

Comes out to average $43 Million per season until 2028.   Bengals better win the next 2 seasons because Joey Burrows about to have a BIG pay day if he has a good year this year and next.

Good for my fellow Wyoming Cowboy.

He has turned into a better pro QB than I expected. Got much more accurate since entering the NFL.

Yeah, I like how we signed the guys we did in FA and extended Hubbard. Get Bates signed now and save up for Joe.

He will be having more than just good years for us the next few years.
Reply/Quote
I don't understand what he has done to even come close to deserving anywhere near what Mahomes makes. I mean I understand you have to have a QB, but shit paying 250 million dollars to Josh Allen who's only just gotten half way good or the kind of money Kirk Cousins makes to be mediocre. Not to mention constantly overdrafting QB's in the draft every year because you gots to have one early and often even when there's only 1 or 2 guys worth a first round pick.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 04:30 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I don't understand what he has done to even come close to deserving anywhere near what Mahomes makes. I mean I understand you have to have a QB, but shit paying 250 million dollars to Josh Allen who's only just gotten half way good or the kind of money Kirk Cousins makes to be mediocre. Not to mention constantly overdrafting QB's in the draft every year because you gots to have one early and often even when there's only 1 or 2 guys worth a first round pick.

all i can think of is its an Pissing contest for the Owners...   As now this will cause some issues for other teams who's QBs will want to get paid.
Reply/Quote
If you want to win a Superbowl, you need a QB that is capable of playing like an Elite QB. Allen balled out last year, so he gets paid. People can talk all they want about defense or spending money elsewhere, but it's just not reality.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 08:06 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: If you want to win a Superbowl, you need a QB that is capable of playing like an Elite QB. Allen balled out last year, so he gets paid. People can talk all they want about defense or spending money elsewhere, but it's just not reality.

I’m not saying allen won’t continue to be good, but Mahomes has balled out for years allen balled out for one. Hell Joe Flacco balled out for a single post season and got paid and never got back to that level. Him sucking plus eating up so much cap screwed the ravens.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2021, 10:07 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’m not saying allen won’t continue to be good, but Mahomes has balled out for years allen balled out for one. Hell Joe Flacco balled out for a single post season and got paid and never got back to that level. Him sucking plus eating up so much cap screwed the ravens.

And that's the gamble. Pretty much every team that invests that much money in the QB is essentially mortgaging the future. But any owner will take the Lombardi,no matter what.
Reply/Quote