Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Allen
6'5 230 LB from Kentucky with 7.5 sacks this year....if he comes out we should draft this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7HmT0MKDnY
Reply/Quote
Agree. I think if he's available in the middle rounds he could come in and play well. Wouldn't be surprised if he moves up the boards quick. It's a good year for Josh Allens out there.
Reply/Quote
He's not an NFL 4-3 LB, by any stretch. None of his highlights show him in coverage. They basically used him as a skinny DE to get pressure from the edge.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 10:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's not an NFL 4-3 LB, by any stretch.  None of his highlights show him in coverage.  They basically used him as a skinny DE to get pressure from the edge.

Kentucky does have him drop into coverage from time to time. Allen shows potential in coverage, but plays too high and tends to backpedal too much. He needs to keep a wider base and remain balanced in his drop.

Overall, there’s always some attention paid to prospects like Allen who feature raw skills. He has shown enough upside on the field where better and more individualized coaching could unlock his potential. The problem is it’s hard to trust where Allen will eventual end as a player.

Might take a flyer on him late and see what we can do with him
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2017, 07:54 PM)pulses Wrote: Kentucky does have him drop into coverage from time to time. Allen shows potential in coverage, but plays too high and tends to backpedal too much. He needs to keep a wider base and remain balanced in his drop.

Overall, there’s always some attention paid to prospects like Allen who feature raw skills. He has shown enough upside on the field where better and more individualized coaching could unlock his potential. The problem is it’s hard to trust where Allen will eventual end as a player.

Might take a flyer on him late and see what we can do with him

Don't need him, we drafted Willis to play that role.

Not that the guy isn't a great talent, some team will benefit from having him.  It's just that the Bengals have too many primary needs, to spend picks on niche players right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Definitely don't need him. All dependent on Chris Smith coming back.
Reply/Quote