Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Bynes
No not an injury

He did the press hook up this afternoon. Multiple media members are raving about his personality and media presence The said how after talking to him they see why he was picked up as a mentor to the young LB corps. Logan Wilson was singing his praises. The youngsters are calling him Og (old guy). It would be great if he could pick up that locker room leadership role the whole defense lost when Peko left

He also commented that after he intercepted a Burrow pass that Joe came up to him wanted to know how he got it, what he saw. He said he's never had a rookie QB come up to him with questions like that. The influence of his defensive coach father shows

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Some had expressed concerns about Bynes age, and weather he would be of any real value. It's nice to read about the positive influence of his presence.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I don’t think he’s going to suddenly become a Pro Bowler or anything, but I liked this pick up from day one. Glad to hear he’s helping the rookies along.

Reply/Quote
I don't think "OG" stands for "old guy".
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think "OG" stands for "old guy".

It doesn't. It stands for: "Injured, crappy OT taken in the first round out of Texas A&M"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 02:49 PM)pally Wrote: No not an injury

He did the press hook up this afternoon.  Multiple media members are raving about his personality and media presence  The said how after talking to him they see why he was picked up as a mentor to the young LB corps.  Logan Wilson was singing his praises.  The youngsters are calling him Og (old guy).  It would be great if he could pick up that locker room leadership role the whole defense lost when Peko left

He also commented that after he intercepted a Burrow pass that Joe came up to him wanted to know how he got it, what he saw.  He said he's never had a rookie QB come up to him with questions like that.  The influence of his defensive coach father shows

Might be the underrated signing. Look out for Fred coming in here to hate on him though.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Some had expressed concerns about Bynes age, and weather he would be of any real value.  It's nice to read about the positive influence of his presence.

Sounds a lot like when we got Dhani Jones. Decent LB that had more of an affect on the team due to his leadership rather than his level of play.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:32 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Sounds a lot like when we got Dhani Jones. Decent LB that had more of an affect on the team due to his leadership rather than his level of play.

Hopefully it's minor, but some of these can last months....
https://247sports.com/Article/Washington-Football-Team-Chase-Young-injury-hip-flexor--150489500/
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hopefully it's minor, but some of these can last months....
https://247sports.com/Article/Washington-Football-Team-Chase-Young-injury-hip-flexor--150489500/

I fail to see how that has any bearing on anything I said.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I fail to see how that has any bearing on anything I said.

It doesn't, I put it in the wrong thread. Mea Culpa...
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It doesn't, I put it in the wrong thread. Mea Culpa...

No worries. Just busting your balls. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
It is a really good press conference. It is worth a listen

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/bengals-josh-bynes-news-conference-training-camp

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Glad I got to see that and see who he is and some of his personality. That's the best thing about Hard Knocks, is getting to know the new players
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t think he’s going to suddenly become a Pro Bowler or anything, but I liked this pick up from day one. Glad to hear he’s helping the rookies along.

Bottom line:  I feel 100% better starting the season with Bynes and Pratt compared to a year ago where it was Brown and Vigil. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 08:03 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Bottom line:  I feel 100% better starting the season with Bynes and Pratt compared to a year ago where it was Brown and Vigil. 

That said, I have yet to hear any real updates on our new LBs; Wilson, Gaither and how they are looking so far
Reply/Quote
Bynes is already proving to be a upgrade over Vigil and it's not even game 1 San Diego yet. Bynes is embracing leadership
Role. Something Brown and Vigil never did
Reply/Quote
Bynes is an interesting guy. You look at his career and he makes decent work of his opportunities but then gets hurt or replaced with a drafted incumbent.

I’m curious to see how he does this year. From reading more about his career I expect him to start fairly strong but get dinged up as the season goes by and by then you hope the rookies are more ready to get in there.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 11:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Bynes is an interesting guy. You look at his career and he makes decent work of his opportunities but then gets hurt or replaced with a drafted incumbent.

I’m curious to see how he does this year. From reading more about his career I expect him to start fairly strong but get dinged up as the season goes by and by then you hope the rookies are more ready to get in there.

When Bynes stepped in and started for the Ravens their defense didn't miss a beat
Reply/Quote
Bynes was definitely a good pickup for what he can provide to the younger players. I know he'll be starting week 1, but I feel like Logan Wilson will supplant him at some point.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 08:43 PM)kalibengal Wrote: That said, I have yet to hear any real updates on our new LBs; Wilson, Gaither and how they are looking so far

Bynes said they are fast and smart. 
Reply/Quote