Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Josh Bynes
I was waiting on a thread about how he played. Thoughts? He sure looked a lot better to me than some people said he was. I thought his play was outstanding.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 04:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I was waiting on a thread about how he played. Thoughts? He sure looked a lot better to me than some people said he was. I thought his play was outstanding.

I noticed he made some nice plays in the run. I think he was overshadowed by Pratt who had a good game with 12 tackles. Overall the linebackers looked good. Would like a break down of the snaps , assuming he didn’t play much on passing downs ?
Reply/Quote
I didn't see a whole lot of missed tackles in this game, so that alone is a huge improvement from last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 04:45 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I was waiting on a thread about how he played. Thoughts? He sure looked a lot better to me than some people said he was. I thought his play was outstanding.

PFF and the stat sheet both say he was better than Nick Vigil. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I seem to remember him getting pretty fired up after making plays. I think he was trying to show some of the energy those Ravens defenses had. I think we are in much better shape at LB than last year. Then again, I thought the Chargers were a pretty bad team that we should have easily beat, but did not.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 05:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: PFF and the stat sheet both say he was better than Nick Vigil. Ninja

I almost threw up when Vigil recovered that fumble. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 05:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I almost threw up when Vigil recovered that fumble. 

I chalk that up to blind squirrels and nuts.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 05:28 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I chalk that up to blind squirrels and nuts.

We are talking about your nuts in the kicker thread... not here too.  Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
played with a lot of energy. didn't look lost on the field which by itself is an improved over last years group

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 05:31 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: We are talking about your nuts in the kicker thread... not here too.  Ninja

My nuts travel.  Cool

Reply/Quote
I came away impressed. His lateral speed was much faster than I anticipated. For being an old vet he chased down ekeler to the perimeter before he made much yardage. Something we have sorely needed for a long long time around here.
Reply/Quote
Bynes was terrific! Energy and he was everywhere it seemed. In fact, all the LBs were pretty damn good. Very Impressed with Wilson and ADG!
Reply/Quote
His tackling technique was pretty solid.he came under balance shot the arms eyes up wrap.
He looked 100x better than Vigil or Brown last year. He didnt take too many false steps.
Real FA bargin so far. Team captain. Mentor among the young LBers.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 05:54 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Bynes was terrific! Energy and he was everywhere it seemed. In fact, all the LBs were pretty damn good. Very Impressed with Wilson and ADG!

No kidding. Logan Wilson didn’t miss a single tackle. That kid is solid!
Reply/Quote
Bynes looked good and all the LBs did. Pratt looked like a beast. The rookies played well too. What a huge difference from last year and its only going to get better from here
Reply/Quote

Not often do we see praise threads. Yet, if Josh had 2 interceptions for TD's and 15 tackles but yet missed one tackle that cost the game? He's trash and Zac is trash and Mike Brown is trash and the mascot is trash and everyone needs fired.

(09-15-2020, 05:23 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: PFF and the stat sheet both say he was better than Nick Vigil. Ninja

(09-15-2020, 05:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I almost threw up when Vigil recovered that fumble. 

Even Nick Vigil played better than Nick Vigil.

(09-15-2020, 06:26 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Bynes looked good and all the LBs did. Pratt looked like a beast. The rookies played well too. What a huge difference from last year and its only going to get better from here

Defense looks tons better than last year. Sure, we still need improvement but they addressed a lot of needs and Lou has these guys looking good. Sure, it was the Chargers, but who says they're not better than last year? Definitely giving credit to the D.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 06:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Defense looks tons better than last year. Sure, we still need improvement but they addressed a lot of needs and Lou has these guys looking good. Sure, it was the Chargers, but who says they're not better than last year? Definitely giving credit to the D.

That’s the only asterisk I would put next to their performance. The Chargers have a pretty bad offense I think and I’d be interested to see how we fair against teams with more capable QBs... we’ll find out over the year.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 06:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That’s the only asterisk I would put next to their performance. The Chargers have a pretty bad offense I think and I’d be interested to see how we fair against teams with more capable QBs... we’ll find out over the year.

The biggest tell all will be against Baltimore and Pittsburgh (although I expect Ben to be hurt before we play in mid November). Outside the division is Houston, but thats so late in the year we will already know. 

Reply/Quote
A sack and 2 TFL.

That's a great game by an MLB (well, he plays all over).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I thought he was solid AF... With all the new guys there was a lot of "who dat?" going on for me, but once I figured out he was 56 he stood out more than once.

Speaking of which, am I the only one that still thinks Pratt is Vinny Rey half the time?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote