Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Bynes
Are we looking to bring Josh Bynes back?
Reply/Quote
Not sure. But it would not be the worst idea.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
From what I've read, yes, there is interest in bringing him back...
Reply/Quote
He turned out to be a upgrade over Vigil
Thats for sure
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 01:02 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Are we looking to bring Josh Bynes back?

I would, I like him. Good dude and he is smart. Not the best Linebacker, that is Wilson but he is a good coach on the field.
Reply/Quote
I’d like him back. I recently heard the young players in the locker room call him “coach Bynes.” He’s obviously a leader (since they gave him a C), but it sounds like he’s also extremely smart. We need that around our young LBers.

Edit: or basically what Nate said right above my post lol

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 02:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: He turned out to be a upgrade over Vigil
Thats for sure

We are all an upgrade over vigil
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 03:04 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: We are all an upgrade over vigil

Rep for sure
Reply/Quote
I’m fine with bringing him back he should be cheap ,he adds depth and leadership. I’m still not sold on the linebacker group tho. I think Logan Wilson has the most potential. Davis Gaither barley played and I’m not sold on Pratt.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 02:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would, I like him. Good dude and he is smart. Not the best Linebacker, that is Wilson but he is a good coach on the field.

I agree, I liked the way a lot of the young guys said about him and that he coaches the guys on the field. I hope he comes back
Reply/Quote

I sure hope so.. he turned out to be one of the good FA pickups... he stayed healthy at LB.. team leader and added a veteran presence we needed at LB.... we are still not strong at LB and just have to hope our young LBs continue to improve.. Bynes gives us the veteran we need
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 03:14 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I’m fine with bringing him back he should be cheap ,he adds depth and leadership. I’m still not sold on the linebacker group tho. I think Logan Wilson has the most potential. Davis Gaither barley played and I’m not sold on Pratt.

I don't think he would cost to much, I'm sure his deal was around £2m last season.
I agree regarding Wilson and think he will turn out to be a very good player, I'm looking forward to seeing Davis Gaither play more as I think he will also turn out to be a very good player I also think Pratt will come good
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind having him back but I don't want to see him play as much as he did last season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 05:23 PM)J24 Wrote: I wouldn't mind having him back but I don't want to see him play as much as he did last season.

There a catch22 to that also.. he played a lot also because 1. he was healthy  and 2. he was best at putting players in their position and calls... at his age I like to see him play less but not at the expense of 2... 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 02:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: He turned out to be a upgrade over Vigil
Thats for sure

Was he?

PFF scores:
2019 Vigil - 54.3 (51.2 run, 54.4 rush, 61.1 coverage)
2020 Bynes - 52.6 (47.8 run, 64.5 rush, 60.9 coverage)

Stats:
2019 Vigil - 111 combined tackles, 1.0 sack, 2 FR, 5 PD, 1 INT
2020 Bynes - 99 combined tackles, 1.0 sack, 1 FR, 2 PD, 0 INT

Doesn't seem like an upgrade to me, although Vigil did have 216 more defensive snaps than Bynes. So maybe just slightly.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 07:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: There a catch22 to that also.. he played a lot also because 1. he was healthy  and 2. he was best at putting players in their position and calls... at his age I like to see him play less but not at the expense of 2... 

His lack of Athleticism was on full display last season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 07:40 PM)J24 Wrote: His lack of Athleticism was on full display last season.

He gave the team needed middle LB presense... he was an improvement and upgrade from before.. add in his ability to call the defense and his leadership on the team... as far as not being athletic.. he is not playing in the NFL if he is not an athlete.. he is just older and not as athletic as younger.. but part of that problem was he played alot last year.. at his age I like to see him play less but he is a total value to the team and if we don;t sign him that just raises the stakes more in the draft we find an impact LB early which i prefer to do anyway... if we don;t resign him ,, I think Parsons has to move up on our board and  be in the mix  with #5 pick
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 07:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Was he?

PFF scores:

Stats:

Doesn't seem like an upgrade to me, although Vigil did have 216 more defensive snaps than Bynes. So maybe just slightly.

For about half the money that Vigil was paid by the Chargers, Bynes appeared to be a bargain bin player that panned out.  With that said, I'd welcome the idea of the team keeping Bynes around for similar, or even with a slight pay raise from last year's deal.  One has to think that with a healthier DL in front of him, along with the youthful LBs around him having established their 2nd season together as a unit, that Bynes stats and productivity should improve as well.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I hope not.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 07:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Was he?

PFF scores:

Stats:

I wonder how many times Vigil was completely in the wrong gap as a running back went sprinting through a huge hole in the line for a big gain. He'd have to try awful hard to beat Bynes.

This thread is cracking me the hell up. Ok, he's a good guy...supposedly "get's guys in the right position", 'coach on the field'. You know what i want more than all that crap? A guy that will make tackles at the LoS, cover backs and TEs and put some pressure on the QB. You know, as Marv said, "make football plays". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote