Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Bynes
(03-08-2021, 07:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He gave the team needed middle LB presense... he was an improvement and upgrade from before.. add in his ability to call the defense and his leadership on the team... as far as not being athletic.. he is not playing in the NFL if he is not an athlete.. he is just older and not as athletic as younger.. but part of that problem was he played alot last year.. at his age I like to see him play less but he is a total value to the team and if we don;t sign him that just raises the stakes more in the draft we find an impact LB early which i prefer to do anyway... if we don;t resign him ,, I think Parsons has to move up on our board and  be in the mix  with #5 pick

I swear to jeebus, sometimes i wonder what the hell goes on in your head...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 11:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I swear to jeebus, sometimes i wonder what the hell goes on in your head...

Much more logic than yours..:)
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 12:05 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Much more logic than yours..:)

lol

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
You guys are overlooking his best attributes.. He gave Hobson something to write about other than the story of his overworked grandpappy who made him study instead of having fun.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I still think Anuramo’s bird brained scheme is part (not all) of the issue with our LB group.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 11:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wonder how many times Vigil was completely in the wrong gap as a running back went sprinting through a huge hole in the line for a big gain. He'd have to try awful hard to beat Bynes.

This thread is cracking me the hell up. Ok, he's a good guy...supposedly "get's guys in the right position", 'coach on the field'. You know what i want more than all that crap? A guy that will make tackles at the LoS, cover backs and TEs and put some pressure on the QB. You know, as Marv said, "make football plays". 

Well of course that is what we all want. But getting the front taken care of in front of the Linebackers should be the biggest 
priority this Offseason. We have good, young Linebackers and a very good Secondary as long as we add another Corner to 
take WJ3's place. Bynes will be cheap and he has experience to help out the young Linebackers which is what we need.

We cannot spend all our money on a premier FA linebacker, we need that dough for the trenches on both sides.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 09:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well of course that is what we all want. But getting the front taken care of in front of the Linebackers should be the biggest 
priority this Offseason. We have good, young Linebackers and a very good Secondary as long as we add another Corner to 
take WJ3's place. Bynes will be cheap and he has experience to help out the young Linebackers which is what we need.

We cannot spend all our money on a premier FA linebacker, we need that dough for the trenches on both sides.

Exactly
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 09:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well of course that is what we all want. But getting the front taken care of in front of the Linebackers should be the biggest 

If he's willing to cut his snaps and salary in half...ok. 

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 10:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If he's willing to cut his snaps and salary in half...ok. 

How much was Bynes paid last year again?
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 10:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How much was Bynes paid last year again?

Not much. lol. That's why i said it. About 1.6M total. 

He's really not making much but if his role is reduced, and he wants to come back, he's gotta take some kind of cut. 

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 10:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not much. lol. That's why i said it. About 1.6M total. 

He's really not making much but if his role is reduced, and he wants to come back, he's gotta take some kind of cut. 

Thought so, but yeah, I agree. But you cannot cut that in half lol

He is already cheap.
Reply/Quote
I remember Bynes making more good plays than bad ones. The linebacker play as a whole was much better last year, imo, when you factor in the horrible defensive line play. I want him back. He's part of the whole "fill the locker room with winners" theme, players who were Captains and players who played deep into the playoffs. He may be a little slower due to age, but he makes the younger backers better. There's a lot to be said for that....
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 10:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I remember Bynes making more good plays than bad ones. The linebacker play as a whole was much better last year, imo, when you factor in the horrible defensive line play. I want him back. He's part of the whole "fill the locker room with winners" theme, players who were Captains and players who played deep into the playoffs. He may be a little slower due to age, but he makes the younger backers better. There's a lot to be said for that....

He is probably a big reason why Logan Wilson came along so quick for a rookie from a small school...
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 03:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He is probably a big reason why Logan Wilson came along so quick for a rookie from a small school...

Yep, people are often quick to disregard the intangibles a player brings. What would you rather have, an outstanding player who goes about improving his own game and that's it, or a good player who brings all his other Linebackers up with him? I like Bynes and hope they resign him. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 03:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, people are often quick to disregard the intangibles a player brings. What would you rather have, an outstanding player who goes about improving his own game and that's it, or a good player who brings all his other Linebackers up with him? I like Bynes and hope they resign him. 

I feel the same.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 03:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, people are often quick to disregard the intangibles a player brings. What would you rather have, an outstanding player who goes about improving his own game and that's it, or a good player who brings all his other Linebackers up with him? I like Bynes and hope they resign him. 

the Latter as a guy out for Stats probly doesnt always follow his assignments
Reply/Quote
I saw lots ... well some ... video breakdowns (youtubers) that show/claim Bynes is often outta position/slow. I’m no guru by any means- but I have to agree.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 01:09 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I saw lots ... well some ... video breakdowns (youtubers) that show/claim Bynes is often outta position/slow. I’m no guru by any means- but I have to agree.

He was, I actually saw Pratt in better position than Bynes and Pratt was getting the blame. Still, I do like Bynes cause he has
great effort and he was only in his first season here starting in Lou's D. He can look at the film and learn to be in better position
this Offseason, he is smart which is the main reason I would like him back and he is a good teammate and he is cheap.

We need some experience at Linebacker with how young we are.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 05:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He was, I actually saw Pratt in better position than Bynes and Pratt was getting the blame. Still, I do like Bynes cause he has
great effort and he was only in his first season here starting in Lou's D. He can look at the film and learn to be in better position
this Offseason, he is smart which is the main reason I would like him back and he is a good teammate and he is cheap.

We need some experience at Linebacker with how young we are.

Seeing or knowing where you should be is 100% different on film than it is actaully doing it on the field. 

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2021, 05:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Seeing or knowing where you should be is 100% different on film than it is actaully doing it on the field. 

True, if there is one reason I don't want him back it IS because he was out of position a lot last year and being a vet he 
should know better.
Reply/Quote