Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Bynes is your newest Bengals
(03-24-2020, 08:10 PM)McC Wrote: Well hell.  Did we even have a guy in the top 106?

Can he cover?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 09:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, Bynes is a real speedster, with that 4.81 in the 40 time..

Being a vet his first step should be quick and in the right direction some people play faster then thier 40 times as well when its live football. This can be applied in passing downs as well being in the right place at the right time leads to Int and tipped balls.
Reply/Quote
I think in 3-4 looks he will be very solid as well as give a rookie someone to fight for a starting spot in our 4-3 looks.
Reply/Quote
Another addition where the tackling ability is a big upgrade.
Reply/Quote
This also puts a smart veteran linebacker that has played alot of snaps in multiple defenses in the classroom with second year Germaine Pratt and potentially a couple of rookies. That cannot be underrated.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 10:51 PM)Synric Wrote: This also puts a smart veteran linebacker that has played alot of snaps in multiple defenses in the classroom with second year Germaine Pratt and potentially a couple of rookies. That cannot be underrated.

Good point. We did need a vet LB presence. And I believe the Lions were a 4-3 when he was there. Ravens a 3-4 and Cards have been back and forth. He has played in AFC and NFC for multiple coaches. And he is very familiar with the AFC North.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 09:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, Bynes is a real speedster, with that 4.81 in the 40 time..

I'll just use the thing they say during draft time, he plays faster than that 40 time.

For the record I don't actually know this, but I'm sure someone was thinking it  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Video worth watching
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

He's a upgrade over Vigil.that cannot be disputed 
40 times are great and all. But at the end of the day what's his football speed. ? Can he close in and take care of business ?
40 times is not the indicator of the success of a football player 
I mean if that was the case Mario Alford would have been a beast 
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 07:54 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote:
Well, at least we've got another body there. Could be a lot worse.

Good pickup, like him better than Vigil or Ogletree honestly.

He has been better than both by PFF standards as of late. A smart veteran to help out Pratt become a great Linebacker. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 11:06 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Video worth watching

Awesome vid coming from a Raven's fan lol

Losing Mosley didn't concern him as much as Bynes? LMAO!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 11:17 PM)impactplaya Wrote: He's a upgrade over Vigil.that cannot be disputed 
40 times are great and all. But at the end of the day what's his football speed. ? Can he close in and take care of business ?

Well, not just the speed thing, but in 9 seasons, he's only appeared in 16 games one time.  And he only started 11 of those games.

Like I said in my original post in this thread;  He's a good player, but I'm not going to count on him to be sturdy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 11:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, not just the speed thing, but in 9 seasons, he's only appeared in 16 games one time.  And he only started 11 of those games.

Like I said in my original post in this thread;  He's a good player, but I'm not going to count on him to be sturdy.

You hater Sunset LMAO!!! Hilarious 

Bynes is smart, he knows to be in the right place at the right time as the Raven fan says.

Makes up for speed, hope he can stay healthy but it might be his smarts that helps out the Bengal LB's more than his play.

We will see. Joe
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 11:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, not just the speed thing, but in 9 seasons, he's only appeared in 16 games one time.  And he only started 11 of those games.

Look on the bright side.....maybe his body is still preserved 
And it hasn't taken quite a beating 
Think about you sign a LB with a billion snaps...how much 
Does he have left in the tank ?
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 10:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Whoah! Shocked
Reply/Quote
I really like this move. This is the guy we needed Bengals fans. Now don’t make any dumb draft choices *cough* Drew Samples *cough* and this team will be legit. Gotta fix the interior offensive line issues but other than that the Bengals have gotten much better in the last couple weeks.
Reply/Quote
A body. Shouldn't change any plans starting/draft. We still need 3 more lb's. As a vet presence it's a good signing. As a starter, negating an early draft pick? I'm not sure.

He does seem to take better angles than Vigil, and can tackle.

I have to admit I'm taken aback by the silent majority of Vigil fans that secretly wanted him back.

I think he backs up Pratt in the middle where he came along once he took over for Brown (so hopefully they don't move him). I don't think Bynes plays anywhere else but the middle. We still need someone that can run sideline to sideline. That was the issue. We were stout up the middle.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 11:17 PM)impactplaya Wrote: He's a upgrade over Vigil.that cannot be disputed 

It's funny you went back to Alford when discussing guys with a good 40 time that suck at football... I think we currently have a guy like that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I really like what this staff has done so far. Getting smart players that are students of the game. High character guys that know how to play positionally. Great tacklers. Reliable. A lot of really smart, well thought out signings so far. Loving this off-season.

Can't wait to see how the draft shakes out too. Everyone's been harping on the last draft, but a lot of those players haven't had a chance to perform yet. Sample had 3 tight ends in front of him and wasn't ready yet to be honest. Most tight ends aren't amazing their first year. Look at the 49ers tight end Kittle for instance. He was terrible for his first couple years. Sample could still develop. Jonah Williams was injured, but you can tell he's highly intelligent--and has great potential as a left tackle. We actually came out of the draft with a decent looking linebacker for the first time in how long? It only took this staff one year to find a linebacker. MJ the guard has good potential. Overall they drafted a lot of role players. No splashy positional players like WR or RB. Which was smart, because that's what we were missing. Last draft could end up working out quite well as players develop. Now they are gifted with Burrow, and great draft position after a terrible year.

I like what I'm seeing so far from a decision-making standpoint. Letting Eifert go is probably the right decision as he's 30 years old and not the same player athletically. Moving towards versatile, young, healthy tight ends that can block and catch is smart. Letting Dennard go and signing two CBs that can tackle and cover and stay healthy is smart. Bring in a couple more linebackers in the draft, maybe another veteran FA for depth. Oh and another thing that has been missing for years is a legit NT that can be a force in the run game and free up pass rushers. I mean they couldn't have gone into FA more well-prepared. Kudos.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 11:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: A body. Shouldn't change any plans starting/draft. We still need 3 more lb's. As a vet presence it's a good signing. As a starter, negating an early draft pick? I'm not sure.

He does seem to take better angles than Vigil, and can tackle.

I have to admit I'm taken aback by the silent majority of Vigil fans that secretly wanted him back.

I think he backs up Pratt in the middle where he came along once he took over for Brown (so hopefully they don't move him). I don't think Bynes plays anywhere else but the middle. We still need someone that can run sideline to sideline. That was the issue. We were stout up the middle.

I think Bynes and Pratt start opening day in the middle. I think whoever we draft will rotate in as well. Bynes can be that leader and help teach the young linebackers good positional football. He can help get people lined up as well.
Reply/Quote