Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Bynes is your newest Bengals
(03-25-2020, 10:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Sarcasm Josh Bynes is a career back up who is not as good as Vigil.

Hope he was just signed for depth.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 11:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't understand the love for Bynes.  He has been bouncing around the NFL for 9 years and could never keep a job.  He has only had two multi-year deals in his entire career and got cut in the second year of both of them.   Last year at this time he got cut from a contract with the Cards that was paying him less than $2 million a year.

He was cut for several different reasons...and as someone already said, if you read up on him you would know...First time with Baltimore he lost his job to CJ Mosley when he was drafted, in Detroit he got injured and replaced, same thing with AZ got injured.  If you want to say that he is injury prone and that is a problem I would have no argument with you.  As far as talent and rating, it is not even close between him and Vigil.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 01:02 PM)spazz70 Wrote: He was cut for several different reasons...and as someone already said, if you read up on him you would know...First time with Baltimore he lost his job to CJ Mosley when he was drafted, in Detroit he got injured and replaced, same thing with AZ got injured.  If you want to say that he is injury prone and that is a problem I would have no argument with you.  As far as talent and rating, it is not even close between him and Vigil.

And it’s just a 1 year contract. We need some bodies at the position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 11:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't understand the love for Bynes.  He has been bouncing around the NFL for 9 years and could never keep a job.  He has only had two multi-year deals in his entire career and got cut in the second year of both of them.   Last year at this time he got cut from a contract with the Cards that was paying him less than $2 million a year.
If he is so inept at LB why did the Ravens sign him ?
Too many years now we've seen really poor play at LB.
Brown Vigil Nickerson. 
Vigil was ranked 116th for a reason 
Reply/Quote

Woo hoo!  Freddie's on an new crusade.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 01:02 PM)spazz70 Wrote: As far as talent and rating, it is not even close between him and Vigil.

How can you say this when Vigil has been more productive than Bynes?  
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 01:27 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: And it’s just a 1 year contract.  We need some bodies at the position 

This will be Bynes 10th season in the NFL and the 7th time he will be playing on a one year contract.  NFL teams see him as roster "filler" instead of a highly ranked player.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 01:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This will be Bynes 10th season in the NFL and the 7th time he will be playing on a one year contract.  NFL teams see him as roster "filler" instead of a highly ranked player.

And he's still higher ranked than your boy Vigil.  What does that say about Vigil?

You're clearly heart broken over the loss of Vigil.  He really elevated our defense, didn't he?  Nobody could run on us with him there.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Josh Bynes reminds me of Rey Maualuga.

Bynes is a two down 34 SILB or a 43 MIKE/SAM. He has excellent vision and understands blocking schemes when attacking in the run game. He can also squeeze some small zones in coverage but you don't want him trying to cover the seam or a crossing routes. He is very good in some situations and very bad in others.

Nick Vigil was below average as a run defender. He had problems controlling his gaps in run fits and took poor angles to the outside. In pass coverage between the 40s he gave up alot of space to his guys allowing yards and first downs but tightened it up in the redzone not allowing touchdowns.

The Bengals still need a #2 linebacker to lineup outside with Germaine Pratt but in a 43 or a hybrid 34 (with a 34 STAR) Bynes can is an excellent 2 down linebacker. I still believe Linebacker is high on their draft boards but Bynes helps narrow down the type (Patrick Queen, Akeem Davis-Gaither, William Gay, Tanner Muse etc.).
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Well, almost every Bengals fan.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How can you say this when Vigil has been more productive than Bynes?  

Not falling into you lawyer speak "productive"...I have known you too long Fred...I will respond and you will tell me about Vigil being not injured and on the field all the time.  Good try though!!
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 02:52 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Not falling into you lawyer speak "productive"...I have known you too long Fred...I will respond and you will tell me about Vigil being not injured and on the field all the time.  Good try though!!

What is his problem today anyways?

I think every Bengals fan would be happy today with the Free Agency that just went on...
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 02:52 PM)spazz70 Wrote: Not falling into you lawyer speak "productive"...I have known you too long Fred...I will respond and you will tell me about Vigil being not injured and on the field all the time.  Good try though!!

Vigil was on the field so much cause on 3rd down teams targeted him on shallow crossing routes and they coverted.
3rd and 3 became 1st and 10.
The amount of tackles a player has is often misleading.
Look at Preston Brown 
Over rated overpaid 
Reply/Quote