Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Bynes
(08-20-2020, 09:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Bynes is already proving to be a upgrade over Vigil and it's not even game 1 San Diego yet. Bynes is embracing leadership
Role. Something Brown and Vigil never did

I liked Vigil, I think he caught a lot of flack for not looking very good at times, when in actuality he was the only decent linebacker on the field and had no help at all. That said, I don't see Vigil playing 10 or 11 years in the league like Bynes has done. That tells me Bynes is better.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 08:43 PM)kalibengal Wrote: That said, I have yet to hear any real updates on our new LBs; Wilson, Gaither and how they are looking so far

Lapham was praising Wilson, but haven't heard much of the others..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 09:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Bynes is already proving to be a upgrade over Vigil and it's not even game 1 San Diego yet. Bynes is embracing leadership
Role. Something Brown and Vigil never did

Neither Brown nor Vigil was ever in the position of basically being the only LB on the team to ever be a starter.  Veteran leadership is a crucial need for the LB corps this year so I am glad to hear Bynes is taking up that mantle

The problem I have is that the Bengals have a history of signing cheap washed up LBs past their prime. (Hawk, Dansby, Harrison).  Leadership is important, but it means nothing if the guy can't play.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is going to be good

We keep hearing these little things about his work ethic
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 11:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Bynes is an interesting guy. You look at his career and he makes decent work of his opportunities but then gets hurt or replaced with a drafted incumbent.

I’m curious to see how he does this year. From reading more about his career I expect him to start fairly strong but get dinged up as the season goes by and by then you hope the rookies are more ready to get in there.

Which honestly is all we needed. Someone to help the young guys transition to the NFL. Bynes is perfect for this.

I too expect Wilson to take his spot at some point because Bynes injury history. Bynes will help our guys similar to a coach.

Like Dhani Jones did. I just like the talent of this LB core more than what Dhani had around him.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 08:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Lapham was praising Wilson, but haven't heard much of the others..

I believe they're taking things slow with Bailey. ADG was my 2nd favorite pick in the draft, but I'm guessing they're trying to find a spot for him. While he was listed as a LB in college, he didn't really have a real position. App State just had him use his athleticism to make plays. I'm guessing he get limited defensive snaps this season, but a ton on STs.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2020, 10:23 AM)Housh Wrote: Burrow is going to be good

We keep hearing these little things about his work ethic

Well it’s certainly beats hearing your quarterback fight with his teammates and whine non stop like another first round QB in the division.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote