Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Josh Doctson released
(05-09-2021, 10:36 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Enlighten us then.  What are all these needs we have?  

I’ll grant #4 wideout is not our most pressing need.  But we run a lot of 11 personal.  Fairly safe to say it’s our base offense. So we are a positive Covid test or concussion protocol away from not being able to run our top 3 out there.  I wouldn’t mind upgrading that spot and really shouldn’t be all that hard to do.

But I’ll just sit back and listen to you whiny forward thinkers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to know this as well, Auden Tate is our 4th WR right now followed by Mike Thomas who was dropping balls last
season. Would like for us to add another OL or two for depth and competition for Jordan and Price and a LB but WR is also a
need for depth purposes. I like DeDe Westbrook better for us but Doctson DOES have talent and played with crappy QB's his
entire career besides Alex Smith.
Reply/Quote
(05-09-2021, 10:36 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Enlighten us then. What are all these needs we have?

I’ll grant #4 wideout is not our most pressing need. But we run a lot of 11 personal. Fairly safe to say it’s our base offense. So we are a positive Covid test or concussion protocol away from not being able to run our top 3 out there. I wouldn’t mind upgrading that spot and really shouldn’t be all that hard to do.

But I’ll just sit back and listen to you whiny forward thinkers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offensive line tight end and linebacker. All of those should be addressed twice over before we even think about needing to replace Tate or Thomas smh.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 04:12 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Offensive line tight end and linebacker.  All of those should be addressed twice over before we even think about needing to replace Tate or Thomas smh.

You can "smh" all you like.  It might damage your intestines as you have your head up your ass.  

According to your response we need 10 offensive lineman, 2 linebackers and 2 tight ends.  You're too obtuse to get the point I'm trying to make so there's no point discussing it with you any further
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 04:12 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Offensive line tight end and linebacker. All of those should be addressed twice over before we even think about needing to replace Tate or Thomas smh.

What if I told you, you could do both....
Reply/Quote
Marquese lee might be an interesting WR to bring into camp to see if he still has anything left

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/05/21/49ers-sign-bennie-fowler-cut-marqise-lee/

Just was cut
Reply/Quote
Wonder what Marquis could do for the Bengals?!
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2021, 03:51 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Wonder what Marquis could do for the Bengals?!

what happened ot the De De Westbrook chatter? Did he sign with another team already?
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2021, 04:12 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Offensive line tight end and linebacker.  All of those should be addressed twice over before we even think about needing to replace Tate or Thomas smh.

There is no one out there as a FA right now for OL that you would want to see playing meaningful snaps for your team. (Unless Schwartz gets a clean bill of health).

There is guys out there at WR that can come in and give you 500 to 600 yards and be a decent 4th option.

While I agree the team still has a very thin OL group, there is no place to go and find immediate upgrades at this point.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2021, 01:26 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: There is no one out there as a FA right now for OL that you would want to see playing meaningful snaps for your team. (Unless Schwartz gets a clean bill of health).

There is guys out there at WR that can come in and give you 500 to 600 yards and be a decent 4th option.

While I agree the team still has a very thin OL group, there is no place to go and find immediate upgrades at this point.

Not to mention the Bengals likely wouldn't move Reiff or Williams inside, so you're likely only going to see an IOL signed.

I just noticed that Chance Warmack, former 2013 Top 10 pick with TEN, is available after being released by SEA this offseason.
I'm not sure what's happened to him, but he was really good during his first 3 years in the league.

He's someone I'd take a flier on with a cheap $1 mill contract with like a $1 mill incentive if he starts like 8 games or whatever.
While he's 30 years old, he's only played 68 games, the last being in 2018. He should be fresh.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote