Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Doctson
(04-21-2016, 06:45 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Have not been around for awhile but as many of you from the previous board know I absolutely love the draft.

If this has been discussed please delete or merge mods.

Just wondering what I am missing on Josh Doctson? I have watched every piece of film I can find on him and do not see his downside. His build and tenacity remind me much of, do I dare say it, Chad Johnson. Sure he needs to clean up route running but that can be stated of virtually every WR coming out of college.

Yes I know the history of the Bengals is to take the WR high in the first or outside of he first but I have to say I would not be upset if he was the selection at 24. I do not think receiver is a must for us and I as well would have no problem with a NT type DT or CB, however, I would not mind the Doctson selection at all.

What do you draft junkies think?

Doctson is much better at high pointing the ball than Chad ever was. I see the toe tap similarity though for sure.

Doctson is the best at high pointing the ball that i have seen in awhile coming out of college. Treadwell is the only
Receiver in this Draft even close. But Doctson has Treadwell on speed, Doctson and Coleman are my two favorite
WR's in this one. Would be very happy with Doctson at 24, maybe even more than Coleman just cause Doctson has
better hands and size.

The only pick i would like better at 24 is Andrew Billings DT Baylor.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2016, 06:45 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Have not been around for awhile but as many of you from the previous board know I absolutely love the draft.

If this has been discussed please delete or merge mods.

Just wondering what I am missing on Josh Doctson? I have watched every piece of film I can find on him and do not see his downside. His build and tenacity remind me much of, do I dare say it, Chad Johnson. Sure he needs to clean up route running but that can be stated of virtually every WR coming out of college.

Yes I know the history of the Bengals is to take the WR high in the first or outside of he first but I have to say I would not be upset if he was the selection at 24. I do not think receiver is a must for us and I as well would have no problem with a NT type DT or CB, however, I would not mind the Doctson selection at all.

What do you draft junkies think?

I watched his workouts at the combine. He showed great hands.

The only knock I've heard about him is the system he played in allowed him to get off the line easily and there's some concern about his ability to handle press coverage. But frankly you can coach technique for that. You can't coach great hands.

For a guy who will be brought along at a nice pace there's really no reason to not select him at 24. I really just don't think he'll be there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote