Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Jacobs?
(02-09-2024, 11:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What I want to know is how a guy like James Conner, who's not exactly thought of as fast, averaged 3.0 before contact and 5.0 overall?  Hell, he had a career year on a very suspect Arizona Cardinals team.

He is not fast, but Conner is a big strong back. 6'1, 235.

Reply/Quote
(02-09-2024, 11:33 AM)casear2727 Wrote: He is not fast, but Conner is a big strong back. 6'1, 235.

I was thinking that averaging 3.0 before contact speaks more to his vision, rather than simply running into a pile of bodies at the called upon hole.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2024, 11:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was thinking that averaging 3.0 before contact speaks more to his vision, rather than simply running into a pile of bodies at the called upon hole.

Yards before contact is usually considered an oline stat.  Cards had a couple of injuries but were not a terrible oline.

Reply/Quote
No to Jacobs, but there are other Backs out there I wouldn't mind adding as long as RT and DT are taken care of.

We need a RB who can break tackles and make people miss. Chase Brown can make defenders miss but isn't the best at breaking
tackles. Mixon doesn't do either well. Deandre Swift shouldn't cost a lot, I also like Casear's thought about Tony Pollard. Always liked
this guy. Also for drafting a RB if we don't bring in one in FA. I thought Mixon played better this year than last but we can do better.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 06:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No to Jacobs, but there are other Backs out there I wouldn't mind adding as long as RT and DT are taken care of.

We need a RB who can break tackles and make people miss. Chase Brown can make defenders miss but isn't the best at breaking
tackles. Mixon doesn't do either well. Deandre Swift shouldn't cost a lot, I also like Casear's thought about Tony Pollard. Always liked
this guy. Also for drafting a RB if we don't bring in one in FA. I thought Mixon played better this year than last but we can do better.

As I've said a thousand times, I like Chase Brown but just don't know about him being an every down back, although it is less worrisome now that we pretty much run solely from shotgun and don't necessarily need a guy that can take the beating between the tackles (I realize we still run between the tackles, but I just mean we don't line up with him behind a fullback or even a lone setback and run it at the line).

We do need a back that can break tackles and get into the secondary and second level.

I'm not sure how I feel about Pollard but he could be nice to pair with Brown.

I'm not sure about Swift because everything I've been reading credits his success to the Eagles' line.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 08:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: As I've said a thousand times, I like Chase Brown but just don't know about him being an every down back, although it is less worrisome now that we pretty much run solely from shotgun and don't necessarily need a guy that can take the beating between the tackles (I realize we still run between the tackles, but I just mean we don't line up with him behind a fullback or even a lone setback and run it at the line).

We do need a back that can break tackles and get into the secondary and second level.

I'm not sure how I feel about Pollard but he could be nice to pair with Brown.

I'm not sure about Swift because everything I've been reading credits his success to the Eagles' line.

Chase Brown isn't an every down back true enough. He was in college at Illinois but it is different in the NFL and he is pretty small, but so is 
Pacheco and he has been an every down back for the Chiefs. It is true Swift has had some great OL's in Detroit and Philly so he probably 
wouldn't be as good here unless our OL improves big time.

Every time I have watched the Cowboys it seems Pollard has a good day running the ball, he has good vision and quicks, can make defenders
miss and is good at catching the ball out of the backfield. Pollard might be my leading candidate if he is available.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 06:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No to Jacobs, but there are other Backs out there I wouldn't mind adding as long as RT and DT are taken care of.

AJ Dillon in FA or Benson or Allen in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 05:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Chase Brown isn't an every down back true enough. He was in college at Illinois but it is different in the NFL and he is pretty small, but so is 
Pacheco and he has been an every down back for the Chiefs. It is true Swift has had some great OL's in Detroit and Philly so he probably 

Every time I have watched the Cowboys it seems Pollard has a good day running the ball, he has good vision and quicks, can make defenders
miss and is good at catching the ball out of the backfield. Pollard might be my leading candidate if he is available.

Chase Brown and Pachecho are almost identical in size.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 07:11 PM)pulses Wrote: Chase Brown and Pacheco are almost identical in size.

Yep, which is why I was comparing them, but Pacheco runs harder than Chase Brown, just looks way more physical out there, but 
Chase Brown is WAY faster as we saw this year when he hit 23 MPH on that one screen.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 07:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, which is why I was comparing them, but Pacheco runs harder than Chase Brown, just looks way more physical out there, but 
Chase Brown is WAY faster as we saw this year when he hit 23 MPH on that one screen.

Yeah Pachecho definitely has more muscle on him than Chase.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 05:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Chase Brown isn't an every down back true enough. He was in college at Illinois but it is different in the NFL and he is pretty small, but so is 

He may only be 5'9", but he's 215#.  When he's got a full head of steam, that's a load to try to bring down.  For comparison, Gio Bernard was only 205# when he came to the team, at the same height.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 10:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He may only be 5'9", but he's 215#.  When he's got a full head of steam, that's a load to try to bring down.  For comparison, Gio Bernard was only 205# when he came to the team, at the same height.

Of course you are correct about his weight. Just seems Chase Brown goes down pretty easy, same with Mixon.

I want a RB that is hard to tackle while being able to make defenders miss. Braelin Allen of Wisconsin comes to mind as a very hard RB to tackle.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Of course you are correct about his weight. Just seems Chase Brown goes down pretty easy, same with Mixon.

I want a RB that is hard to tackle while being able to make defenders miss. Braelin Allen of Wisconsin comes to mind as a very hard RB to tackle.

I completely agree about Allen, that is why I keep grabbing him in my mock drafts.  He and Brown would make for a classic "Thunder and Lightning" RB duo.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 04:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I completely agree about Allen, that is why I keep grabbing him in my mock drafts.  He and Brown would make for a classic "Thunder and Lightning" RB duo.

No doubt this is a hope of mine. Braelin Allen would be the perfect complement to Chase Brown. 

You wouldn't hear people calling us finesse anymore with Allen on the team while we add physical players in the trenches in FA.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 04:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I completely agree about Allen, that is why I keep grabbing him in my mock drafts.  He and Brown would make for a classic "Thunder and Lightning" RB duo.
This.
It'd be like Colossus and Wolverine.

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote