Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Johnson = CUT
According to PFT.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/25/bengals-cut-josh-johnson-clear-way-for-a-j-mccarron-as-backup/

The coaches must have liked what they saw from AJ McCarron. Never was a fan of Johnson anyways.
Reply/Quote
AJ pretty much has the same skill set as Dalton. If Andy goes down they won't really have to change the playbook.
Reply/Quote
Atleast we did something right! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:56 PM)Sweetness Wrote: AJ pretty much has the same skill set as Dalton. If Andy goes down they won't really have to change the playbook.

So far this seems to be true, but would like to see more of McCarron.  I'm not so sure his shoulder is healed, either.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:04 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: So far this seems to be true, but would like to see more of McCarron.  I'm not so sure his shoulder is healed, either.

Did he complete a pass for more than 10 yards last night? By the time he came in I was drinking the game away.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:08 PM)Benton Wrote: Did he complete a pass for more than 10 yards last night? By the time he came in I was drinking the game away.

Sounds like a good 2nd half plan for every game during the season.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:08 PM)Benton Wrote: Did he complete a pass for more than 10 yards last night? By the time he came in I was drinking the game away.

maybe the one to Kroft.... but at that point in the game i wasnt really watching anymore
Reply/Quote
Not surprised. Now Wennig can play clean up and get his PS spot.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:38 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Not surprised. Now Wennig can play clean up and get his PS spot.

they might have mccarron play the entire 4th game just to get him reps. or at least thats probly what i would do.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they might have mccarron play the entire 4th game just to get him reps.   or at least thats probly what i would do.

I doubt he plays the whole 4th game. We need Wenning to get some snaps to make sure he's our PS/3rd QB.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they might have mccarron play the entire 4th game just to get him reps.   or at least thats probly what i would do.

I'd throw Sanu in there to see to test our WR on passes over 15 yds, seeing neither of the 2 last night have the arm strength for it.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:57 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'd throw Sanu in there to see to test our WR on passes over 15 yds, seeing neither of the 2 last night have the arm strength for it.

Mo has the strongest arm on the team. Stronger than any of our QBs anyway. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

He could have unleashed on the last play of the game but decided to just take a sack, so I can't help but wonder if his shoulder isn't still mucked up. Anyways, this is a good sign that McCarron's arm isn't busted and I hate watching JJJ Jo Jo Josh Johnson, so bye.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 03:42 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: According to PFT.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/25/bengals-cut-josh-johnson-clear-way-for-a-j-mccarron-as-backup/

The coaches must have liked what they saw from AJ McCarron. Never was a fan of Johnson anyways.

As expected. No one really thought JJ was going to make this team.
Reply/Quote
Good, sounds like McCarron is looking better
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2015, 04:57 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'd throw Sanu in there to see to test our WR on passes over 15 yds, seeing neither of the 2 last night have the arm strength for it.

Dalton has plenty of arm strenght for deep balls.... Still needs to work on some touch though...

He generally overthrows when he misses on the long ball so thats not a strenght issue.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 11:43 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dalton has plenty of arm strenght for deep balls....  Still needs to work on some touch though...

He generally overthrows when he misses on the long ball so thats not a strenght issue.

Agreed. Needs to work on his trajectory not his arm strength.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2015, 11:43 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dalton has plenty of arm strenght for deep balls....  Still needs to work on some touch though...

On misses yes.  But that is because receivers are usually slowing down because he under throws them.  

Either way, his confidence to throw deep is probably the bigger issue.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2015, 03:21 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: On misses yes.  But that is because receivers are usually slowing down because he under throws them.  

Either way, his confidence to throw deep is probably the bigger issue.

He overthrows on misses because he underthrows his receivers? What? Confused
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote