Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Johnson for our playbook and audibles
I dont think that Josh Johnson knew the playbook!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 06:20 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I dont think that Josh Johnson knew the playbook!

You're probably right.  lol.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Let's face the facts:there are virtually no differences between playbooks of NFL teams. About the only difference between them is the terminology. What makes an offense successful is rarely it's playbook, but rather the players involved in the play and the OC calling the right play at the right time.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 08:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Let's face the facts:there are virtually no differences between playbooks of NFL teams. About the only difference between them is the terminology. What makes an offense successful is rarely it's playbook, but rather the players involved in the play and the OC calling the right play at the right time.

That is pretty much the absolute truth, Phil.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
No way in hell Josh Johnson remembers any of the Bengals plays and audibles from complete memory. This is a non factor.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 05:38 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I wouldn't write off EJ Manuel quite yet.

Our weakness this year has been the big plays (blown coverages against SD and SEA), and EJ Manuels one true strength is throwing it deep. Keep everything in front of us and we should be fine, but he has the ability to make big throws if you allow it.

but it will be his first start of the season he is gonna come out with a chip on the shoulder after losing his job... which mean we should be able to trick him into mistakes.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2015, 11:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: but it will be his first start of the season he is gonna come out with a chip on the shoulder after losing his job... which mean we should be able to trick him into mistakes.

You don't really have to "trick" Manuel into mistakes.  I saw earlier that in 17 games he has completed 58% of his passes for 2800 yards. The Bills have only won six of his starts... there is a reason Tyrod Taylor is the starter.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2015, 02:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Did the Bills sign Josh Johnson to give Rex Ryan our offensive and defensive playbooks?

I know Taylor is banged up, but they have Taylor and Manual so it made no sense to me

(10-13-2015, 06:20 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I dont think that Josh Johnson knew the playbook!

Why did Ryan make Johnson a captain and parade him out to mid field for the coin toss?

It appears Rex may have been trying to get into the head of ML, Hue Jackson and Guenther.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why did Ryan make Johnson a captain and parade him out to mid field for the coin toss?

It appears Rex may have been trying to get into the head of ML, Hue Jackson and Guenther.

Hue said he didn't know if it pumped him up or not, but he "got the message."  Whatever state trotting Johnson out put Hue in, I think it worked out pretty well for us.  No sacks, only 1 QB hit, and 34 points says Rex's head games were an exercise in futility.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
So the Brownies just signed Jayson Dimanche.. Convenient since we play them in a few weeks. Most likely for the same reasons why the Bills signed Johnson...
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 04:16 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So the Brownies just signed Jayson Dimanche.. Convenient since we play them in a few weeks. Most likely for the same reasons why the Bills signed Johnson...

...and most likely with the same result.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
Heck of a team captain, eh? I bet that gave encouragement to the other players on the Bills who have been around longer.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I just did whole front page of JN!!!  BOOOOOMM!!!  CLASSICX!!!  With Time restraints TO!.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 04:16 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So the Brownies just signed Jayson Dimanche.. Convenient since we play them in a few weeks. Most likely for the same reasons why the Bills signed Johnson...

I don't think Dimanche plays QB. It is the Browns, tho Hilarious

Reply/Quote
Anybody else think that the lame bush league move of making Scatterarm a Captain made Hue want to put up 50 on Fathead's "vaunted defense" but Marv reeled him in in the fourth quarter?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote