Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Josh Malone
I hate to sound like a typical forum doctor, but something tells me he is still in Marvin's infamous doghouse for the interception that bounced off his chest in the Carolina game. He's been dealing with a "hamstring" injury for the past 2 months yet it isn't serious enough to put him on IR as we've done with half of our roster? Seems like we're wasting his 2nd year like we did with Boyd because he did look good in the preseason and I certainly think he'd do better than Core or Erickson if given the chance.
Reply/Quote
Something tells me that we're going to see a good bit of Malone the next two games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 06:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Something tells me that we're going to see a good bit of Malone the next two games.

...as the passes sail ten feet over his head.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 06:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...as the passes sail ten feet over his head.

Well, it'll be good for him, build his character as well as a strong appreciation for an accurately thrown football.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 06:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...as the passes sail ten feet over his head.

So you're thinking his accuracy will improve next week ?

I thought Malone was gonna develop into a strong #3, hasn't really panned out so far.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 09:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: So you're thinking his accuracy will improve next week ?

I thought Malone was gonna develop into a strong #3, hasn't really panned out so far.

You're not alone in that sentiment.  Who knows, if really wants to be a pro football player, we should see some signs of life in the next two weeks.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Everyone has bad days but at least we could see most of our WR was getting some separation today. The deep one to Ross looked really good Ross smoked two guys on that play.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 10:58 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Everyone has bad days but at least we could see most of our WR was getting some separation today. The deep one to Ross looked really good Ross smoked two guys on that play.

And then didn't catch it.

Ross is looking like a huge bust.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 11:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And then didn't catch it.

And the ball was what 10 yards behind  him?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I would take my chances with Malone any day than core. Core must have some kept secret about Mikey or Marvin that keeps him playing. Dude is garbage
Reply/Quote

Did you even watch the game it was on Driskel not Ross why it was not completed. Like I said Driskel is throwing to the right guys just missing his throws today. If Dalton threw to the right guys and didn't have tunnel vision to AJ or Boyd then I would be happy.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 11:30 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Did you even watch the game it was on Driskel not Ross why it was not completed. Like I said Driskel is throwing to the right guys just missing his throws today. If Dalton threw to the right guys and didn't have tunnel vision to AJ or Boyd then I would be happy.

I usually let this go, but the replace Dalton crowd has to pick. Either Dalton throws to our playmakers, you know the best 2 WRs on the team, the 2 that actually get open. Or he spreads it around more to the guys who don't get open or prove they can't catch the damn ball. Dalton gets blistered for trying to get his best weapons the ball, but then when he throws to a wide open Core (who dropped the pass) he gets blistered for his choice to throw to an open receiver not named Green or Boyd.

I get it folks, most want to move on from Dalton and I'm actually in that crowd as well. You can't have it both ways though. When you look around the league, QBs try to get the ball to their top receivers. Their ACTUAL top receivers, not the fan's practice squad pick of the week. You either don't watch football or are so fixated on your hate for Dalton that you ignore that other QBs, even the ones you say Dalton shouldn't be mentioned with, force the ball or focus on their top targets. It's not just a Dalton thing.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 11:23 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I usually let this go, but the replace Dalton crowd has to pick. Either Dalton throws to our playmakers, you know the best 2 WRs on the team, the 2 that actually get open. Or he spreads it around more to the guys who don't get open or prove they can't catch the damn ball. Dalton gets blistered for trying to get his best weapons the ball, but then when he throws to a wide open Core (who dropped the pass) he gets blistered for his choice to throw to an open receiver not named Green or Boyd.

I get it folks, most want to move on from Dalton and I'm actually in that crowd as well. You can't have it both ways though. When you look around the league, QBs try to get the ball to their top receivers. Their ACTUAL top receivers, not the fan's practice squad pick of the week. You either don't watch football or are so fixated on your hate for Dalton that you ignore that other QBs, even the ones you say Dalton shouldn't be mentioned with, force the ball or focus on their top targets. It's not just a Dalton thing.

Haha. That's life on a message board.

There's also the roster has no talent crowd and the Lewis is a terrible coach crowd. It's either 1 or the other.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 02:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Haha. That's life on a message board.

There's also the roster has no talent crowd and the Lewis is a terrible coach crowd. It's either 1 or the other.

It appears to me, after all of the injuries, that the roster is not good on the back end.  The top 22 are all pretty good players, after that, it gets dicey.  That's a lack of development, in my opinion.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 11:26 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I would take my chances with Malone any day than core. Core must have some kept secret about Mikey or Marvin that keeps him playing. Dude is garbage

Then don't take either because Core has outplayed Malone every chance he's gotten.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

He was wide open on a ball underthrown by5 yards.  I honestly have no idea how people expect him to throttle down, reverse direction, and catch that ball, preventing the INT.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 04:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He was wide open on a ball underthrown by5 yards.  I honestly have no idea how people expect him to throttle down, reverse direction, and catch that ball, preventing the INT.

That's just one example. The guy has dropped several balls and quit on routes when the ball was coming his way.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 11:23 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I usually let this go, but the replace Dalton crowd has to pick. Either Dalton throws to our playmakers, you know the best 2 WRs on the team, the 2 that actually get open. Or he spreads it around more to the guys who don't get open or prove they can't catch the damn ball. Dalton gets blistered for trying to get his best weapons the ball, but then when he throws to a wide open Core (who dropped the pass) he gets blistered for his choice to throw to an open receiver not named Green or Boyd.

I don't care what other QB's do I care what the Bengals QB does. When you never ever throw it too other WR except your top two then you don't develop them and when your main guys go down to injury like now then look where we are at uncertain of what our backups are capable of. If we did spread the ball around more our two main guys might not even be injured at this point. But at the very least we would know what routes these guys can get open on and how much production we can expect out of them. 

I do not think we should hand the job to Driskel but we should not hand the job back to Dalton without a QB competition either. I still like Driskel more because he has not been coached to be conservative. He has much better mobility and much more speed with his legs that has impacted games which makes defenses defend that or try to. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 04:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He was wide open on a ball underthrown by5 yards.  I honestly have no idea how people expect him to throttle down, reverse direction, and catch that ball, preventing the INT.
I would not want him to try it on that play it was like a punt. If he did try to stop on a dime and come back for the ball there is a chance he pulls something or tweaks something and we would not have AJ Boyd or Ross.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 12:33 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: I don't care what other QB's do I care what the Bengals QB does. When you never ever throw it too other WR except your top two then you don't develop them and when your main guys go down to injury like now then look where we are at uncertain of what our backups are capable of. If we did spread the ball around more our two main guys might not even be injured at this point. But at the very least we would know what routes these guys can get open on and how much production we can expect out of them. 

I do not think we should hand the job to Driskel but we should not hand the job back to Dalton without a QB competition either. I still like Driskel more because he has not been coached to be conservative. He has much better mobility and much more speed with his legs that has impacted games which makes defenses defend that or try to. 

AJ's injury is not from forced throws.

Boyd got injured while Driskel was QB and wasn't from a forced throw either...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote