Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Josh Malone
(12-16-2018, 11:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And then didn't catch it.

Ross is looking like a huge bust.

You mean the one that was three feet out of bounds or the one that was underthrown by three yards?  The second one was an easy TD with a decent throw.  I realize you like almost nobody on the team but you don't have to make shit up.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 03:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: It appears to me, after all of the injuries, that the roster is not good on the back end.  The top 22 are all pretty good players, after that, it gets dicey.  That's a lack of development, in my opinion.

They were talking about rosters and injuries on NFL radio,(I  think it was Tucker, but I'm not sure now), and he said that when a player comes up injured, the next player in that position should be able to come in with little drop off. If the 2nd player gets injured at that position, and you have to go 3rd string, you are pretty much screwed, because that is a huge drop off on all teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 11:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And then didn't catch it.

Ross is looking like a huge bust.

His 6 TDs this season would beg to differ. There is value to having a red zone threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 06:17 PM)McC Wrote: You mean the one that was three feet out of bounds or the one that was underthrown by three yards?  The second one was an easy TD with a decent throw.  I realize you like almost nobody on the team but you don't have to make shit up.

The underthrows are blown WAY out of proportion, at least by some on this board. You can't expect every WR to come back on an underthrown ball every time, especially one who is not even 6 ft tall. Ross's forte is his speed, not his size/leaping ability. If he would have come back for the ball and not gotten high enough to catch it, some people would be criticizing his inability to high point.

I swear, people act like this guy should be AJ Green just because he was drafted in Top 10. Just because a player is selected in the Top 10 doesn't mean he won't have limitations. John Ross was probably considered a reach by many at 9 but the Bengals likely felt he won't be there at their pick in the 2nd round and must not have felt able/comfortable in moving back enough and still getting him.

If Dalton was a lot better at hitting WRs in stride deep, we wouldn't even be talking about Ross having to come back to the ball all the time. If Dalton (or any QB) keeps having issues hitting WRs deep in stride, perhaps the playcalling needs to change to make it so the QBs can better connect with Ross. It's clear Ross can get open more than just a 9 route, as most of his success has been in the red zone. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'll always have a soft spot for Malone simply because his thigh was the wall Shazier banged his head on..... (is that bad?)
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 01:42 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: I hate to sound like a typical forum doctor, but something tells me he is still in Marvin's infamous doghouse for the interception that bounced off his chest in the Carolina game. He's been dealing with a "hamstring" injury for the past 2 months yet it isn't serious enough to put him on IR as we've done with half of our roster? Seems like we're wasting his 2nd year like we did with Boyd because he did look good in the preseason and I certainly think he'd do better than Core or Erickson if given the chance.

Sounds like it doesn't it? Malone is way better at going up for the ball than Core and has more size than Erickson.

Fast too, thought he could be a steal for us. Hope he goes the way of Boyd and plays great next year.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 03:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: His 6 TDs this season would beg to differ. There is value to having a red zone threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, TD's are a big deal, atleast that is what i believe. They kind of win games. Mellow

(12-19-2018, 06:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The underthrows are blown WAY out of proportion, at least by some on this board. You can't expect every WR to come back on an underthrown ball every time, especially one who is not even 6 ft tall. Ross's forte is his speed, not his size/leaping ability. If he would have come back for the ball and not gotten high enough to catch it, some people would be criticizing his inability to high point.

I swear, people act like this guy should be AJ Green just because he was drafted in Top 10. Just because a player is selected in the Top 10 doesn't mean he won't have limitations. John Ross was probably considered a reach by many at 9 but the Bengals likely felt he won't be there at their pick in the 2nd round and must not have felt able/comfortable in moving back enough and still getting him.

If Dalton was a lot better at hitting WRs in stride deep, we wouldn't even be talking about Ross having to come back to the ball all the time. If Dalton (or any QB) keeps having issues hitting WRs deep in stride, perhaps the playcalling needs to change to make it so the QBs can better connect with Ross. It's clear Ross can get open more than just a 9 route, as most of his success has been in the red zone. 

Great post, the coaches are having a hard time using Ross the right way, big surprise.

Dalton missed him a lot this year, have to play a player to his strengths, the QB included.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 06:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: ...as the passes sail ten feet over his head.

hey people like that in a starter apparently.
Reply/Quote