Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh McDaniels punks the Colts
After announcing him as their head coach and agreeing to terms he quits to stay with the pats.

2018 could be BB’s last year
Reply/Quote
I'm no Colts fan, but that was a douche move for sure.

Kind of puts me in mind of the days when perceived great player X, Y, or Z would be signing with the Bengals, only to use the ploy to get more money from another suitor.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Why? I'm assuming he got a nice pay raise to stay? Maybe he is second guessing his ability and figures, hey, I have a pretty good gig here?

Reply/Quote
The only thing i see that can make this move choke, is that its that 2018 will be the last year of BB has head coach!
[Image: aj_green_by_augizt-d46yv55.jpg]
Reply/Quote
All signs point to 2018 being the swan song for Brady and Belichick. I'm sure Kraft gave McDaniels incentive to stay. Maybe even put it in his contract that he will succeed Belichick.

While I don't blame McDaniels, it was a pretty crappy move.
Reply/Quote
Unless Luck needs the additional surgeries. With no Luck hat job is worse than the browns
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 12:00 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Unless Luck needs the additional surgeries.  With no Luck hat job is worse than the browns

Luck seems to be doing fine. He actually said he'll be ready for 2018. So, the Colts are a nice opportunity for a QB-centric coach with an aggressive personality.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 11:38 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: All signs point to 2018 being the swan song for Brady and Belichick. I'm sure Kraft gave McDaniels incentive to stay. Maybe even put it in his contract that he will succeed Belichick.

I read that BB is returning for 2018. As for the move... yeah, it was crappy. But maybe the Colts lucked out. McDaniels didn't exactly do a stellar job in Denver.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 12:00 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Unless Luck needs the additional surgeries.  With no Luck hat job is worse than the browns

I'd understand being nervous about Luck. I feel that usually a new coach is drafting his own guy or inheriting a really good QB prospect on his first contract. A healthy Luck is a good situation, but you never know with lingering injuries. It could just as well be another wasted year.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 11:38 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: All signs point to 2018 being the swan song for Brady and Belichick. I'm sure Kraft gave McDaniels incentive to stay. Maybe even put it in his contract that he will succeed Belichick.

I would guess your probably right about succeeding BB. And definitely agree it was a crappy move.

Reply/Quote

Exactly how I interpret this move. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 01:00 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'd understand being nervous about Luck. I feel that usually a new coach is drafting his own guy or inheriting a really good QB prospect on his first contract. A healthy Luck is a good situation, but you never know with lingering injuries. It could just as well be another wasted year.

Luck's doing fine. Josh McD would have walked into a situation with a healthy Luck. But apparently, he's just a greedy MoFo.
Reply/Quote
On the pick six podcast. Jason LaCanfora basically said Kraft and Belichek got Josh in an office and asked if he was sure he wanted to tie his future to an owner who isn’t all there.

Irsay tried to get a succession plan for bjs daughters to rotate as owners every year. The NFL rejected it lol
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 09:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: On the pick six podcast. Jason LaCanfora basically said Kraft and Belichek got Josh in an office and asked if he was sure he wanted to tie his future to an owner who isn’t all there.

Irsay tried to get a succession plan for bjs daughters to rotate as owners every year. The NFL rejected it lol

Ya know? I can see that out of him. Have seen him on Indy news a few times and he’s an odd character. However, guess you can’t blame him for trying to teach his daughters business, lol...

I think he got a dui here about a year or so ago. Maybe he hits the sauce pretty hard and there is a connection? Dude has swag tho so who gives a damn? Lol...

[Image: IrsayFamily.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 10:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Ya know? I can see that out of him. Have seen him on Indy news a few times and he’s an odd character. However, guess you can’t blame him for trying to teach his daughters business, lol...

I think he got a dui here about a year or so ago. Maybe he hits the sauce pretty hard and there is a connection? Dude has swag tho so who gives a damn? Lol...

[Image: IrsayFamily.jpg]

Irsay is all of that - and probably more. But he still didn't deserve the douche move that Josh McD pulled on him. Josh McD as far as I'm concerned is a man of ZERO integrity!
Reply/Quote

From what I've read, there was nothing on paper, but all signs point to this being the case.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
One of McDaniels criteria for a HC job was a team with a good, veteran QB. Possibly the uncertainty of Luck's health played at least a minor role in his decision.
Reply/Quote
The Colts are a shit franchise with a shit family for owners that pulled a similar shit move, but this was BS. Other coaches then left their jobs to be his assistants on the Colts.

This seems to suggest he was promised by Kraft that he would be the successor to BB. Here's my thing, though. Do you really want to be the guy after Belichick? I'd rather have a solid young QB and a chance to turn a crap team around than to have the weight of a dynasty on my shoulders.

McDaniels agent terminated his contract with McDaniels after this as he also represents the Colts GM.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 10:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Why? I'm assuming he got a nice pay raise to stay? Maybe he is second guessing his ability and figures, hey, I have a pretty good gig here?

Why... is be true to your word.. and coaches that quit teams to come on to your staff... what comes around goes around... if he does become a head coach.. how can players or coaches trust him with this track record.... 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 01:06 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Why... is be true to your word.. and coaches that quit teams to come on to your staff... what comes around goes around... if he does become a head coach.. how can players or coaches trust him with this track record.... 

Although I agree, this stuff happens everyday. You interview for a job and get it, then when employer finds out they do what it takes to retain you if they think your worth it.

Reply/Quote