Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh McDaniels punks the Colts
(02-08-2018, 03:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The Colts are a shit franchise with a shit family for owners that pulled a similar shit move, but this was BS. Other coaches then left their jobs to be his assistants on the Colts.

This seems to suggest he was promised by Kraft that he would be the successor to BB. Here's my thing, though. Do you really want to be the guy after Belichick? I'd rather have a solid young QB and a chance to turn a crap team around than to have the weight of a dynasty on my shoulders.

McDaniels agent terminated his contract with McDaniels after this as he also represents the Colts GM.

Lol! Colts are a shit franchise, eh? Hmmnnn... I can see you're still upset about that Andy Dalton 4th down TD pass. I get it. It's not everyday that your team loses its chance to get into the playoffs on a last second TD pass.

McD would have had a pretty good situation with the Colts, especially with Luck returning. It's hardly a crap team. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 09:42 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Lol! Colts are a shit franchise, eh? Hmmnnn... I can see you're still upset about that Andy Dalton 4th down TD pass. I get it. It's not everyday that your team loses its chance to get into the playoffs on a last second TD pass.

McD would have had a pretty good situation with the Colts, especially with Luck returning. It's hardly a crap team. Smirk

They're a sub .500 franchise without Peyton Manning in what was long the weakest division in the AFC. The Irsays have been inept owners. One traded the greatest QB of his generation off unceremoniously and then would argue with the coach on the field while drunk. His drunk of a son disrespected the greatest QB of his generation and allowed him to talk away just to draft a dud of a franchise QB. Meanwhile, Manning then went to the Super Bowl two times in 4 years.

True, it's not every day your team blows a chance to get into the playoffs on the last play of the season, but that's irrelevant to this dumpster fire of a team. Most would consider being a play away from the playoffs better than being 4-12 or being .416 over the last 3 seasons. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2018, 10:00 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: They're a sub .500 franchise without Peyton Manning in what was long the weakest division in the AFC. The Irsays have been inept owners. One traded the greatest QB of his generation off unceremoniously and then would argue with the coach on the field while drunk. His drunk of a son disrespected the greatest QB of his generation and allowed him to talk away just to draft a dud of a franchise QB. Meanwhile, Manning then went to the Super Bowl two times in 4 years.

True, it's not every day your team blows a chance to get into the playoffs on the last play of the season, but that's irrelevant to this dumpster fire of a team. Most would consider being a play away from the playoffs better than being 4-12 or being .416 over the last 3 seasons. 

Really? Weakest division in the AFC? So... how come during playoff time, that "weak" division always seem to beat the "tough" AFC North? (Texans twice against Bengals, Colts once against Bengals, Jaguars twice against Steelers, etc.). Lol! You really ARE hurting with that Andy Dalton pass that shut the Ravens dreams of playoff success for the 2017 season. It's starting to affect your memory! Smirk

The reason for the Colts being 4-12 or being .416 over the last 3 seasons is gone. We're hoping for a better outcome with the new HC. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 09:06 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Really? Weakest division in the AFC? So... how come during playoff time, that "weak" division always seem to beat the "tough" AFC North? (Texans twice against Bengals, Colts once against Bengals, Jaguars twice against Steelers, etc.). Lol! You really ARE hurting with that Andy Dalton pass that shut the Ravens dreams of playoff success for the 2017 season. It's starting to affect your memory! Smirk

The reason for the Colts being 4-12 or being .416 over the last 3 seasons is gone. We're hoping for a better outcome with the new HC. ThumbsUp

In it's 16 years, the AFCS is 1-1 in Super Bowl appearances (all Colts). They have had a team represent their division 6 times in the AFCCG. They have had a total of 7 wild card berths in that time as well.

In that same time, the AFCN is 3-1 in Super Bowls with 8 appearances in the AFFCCG and 11 wild card berths

But, hey, despite more success consistently, the Bengals lost a bunch to the Texans and the Steelers lost two playoff games to the Super Bowl-less Jags. I guess they're not as good lol

Reply/Quote
Below is my entire list of reasons for caring what McDaniels does or doesn't do with or without the Colts, Patriots or any other team now or in the future.

That's actually just the top ten.. Pretty comprehensive, huh?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2018, 09:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: In it's 16 years, the AFCS is 1-1 in Super Bowl appearances (all Colts). They have had a team represent their division 6 times in the AFCCG. They have had a total of 7 wild card berths in that time as well.

In that same time, the AFCN is 3-1 in Super Bowls with 8 appearances in the AFFCCG and 11 wild card berths

But, hey, despite more success consistently, the Bengals lost a bunch to the Texans and the Steelers lost two playoff games to the Super Bowl-less Jags. I guess they're not as good lol

Umm... yeah... great that you posted all of that extra stats, but I was referring SPECIFICALLY to the stats pertaining to the AFCS vs AFCN in postseason games. You got those stats? I want to see how "dominating" the AFCN is over the AFCS.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 10:24 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Umm... yeah... great that you posted all of that extra stats, but I was referring SPECIFICALLY to the stats pertaining to the AFCS vs AFCN in postseason games. You got those stats? I want to see how "dominating" the AFCN is over the AFCS.

Only a Colts fan would argue the Texans beating the Bengals a bunch is more important than winning championships. 

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 12:41 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Only a Colts fan would argue the Texans beating the Bengals a bunch is more important than winning championships. 

I wish you wouldn't put words in my mouth. I have never said that the Texans beating the Bengals is more important than winning championships. That's a ridiculous comment and you know it. Also, quit side-stepping the question. You were the one that made the comment about the AFCS being the weakest division. So I just wanted you to prove it by listing the stats that showed the AFCN dominating the AFCS in postseason play. Go ahead...  I'm waiting...
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 11:35 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I wish you wouldn't put words in my mouth. I have never said that the Texans beating the Bengals is more important than winning championships. That's a ridiculous comment and you know it. Also, quit side-stepping the question. You were the one that made the comment about the AFCS being the weakest division. So I just wanted you to prove it by listing the stats that showed the AFCN dominating the AFCS in postseason play. Go ahead...  I'm waiting...

The fact that the Texans beat the Bengals a bunch in the playoffs doesn't change the fact that the South has been the weakest division in the AFC since 2002. 

If you want to pound your chest over the Texans beating up on the Bengals, go ahead. Me pointing out the Bengals ineptitude won't change the fact that the South's 2 AFC championships and 1 league championship in that time lags behind all other divisions. 

It also doesn't change the fact that the Colts were only able to compete with Peyton Manning. This is why talent flees that tire fire of a city. 

So if your argument that overall lack of success is ok because the Texans had the Bengals number in the wildcard round, run with it. It's a solid argument for the fan of a perpetual participation trophy team. 

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2018, 11:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The fact that the Texans beat the Bengals a bunch in the playoffs doesn't change the fact that the South has been the weakest division in the AFC since 2002. 

If you want to pound your chest over the Texans beating up on the Bengals, go ahead. Me pointing out the Bengals ineptitude won't change the fact that the South's 2 AFC championships and 1 league championship in that time lags behind all other divisions. 

It also doesn't change the fact that the Colts were only able to compete with Peyton Manning. This is why talent flees that tire fire of a city. 

So if your argument that overall lack of success is ok because the Texans had the Bengals number in the wildcard round, run with it. It's a solid argument for the fan of a perpetual participation trophy team. 

You keep bringing up the Bengals like you're still having trouble coming to terms that Andy Dalton BURNED the Ravens secondary and prevented the Ravens from being in the playoffs. Get over it. It happened so move on!

I don't even like the Texans so I'm not about to pound my chest about their victories over - ANYONE!

As for the Colts not being able to compete without Manning... I guess you forgot about deflate-gate. Last I remembered it was Luck who was the QB and not Manning. Also, I "think" that was also the AFCCG? You know - the game that determines who goes to the Superbowl and who doesn't?

As for your comment about a fan of a perpetual participation trophy team... ah... you "do" know that the Colts have a couple of Superbowl wins, right? Also, they've been in the Superbowl a few times too. Just sayin'... Whatever
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2018, 07:37 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: You keep bringing up the Bengals like you're still having trouble coming to terms that Andy Dalton BURNED the Ravens secondary and prevented the Ravens from being in the playoffs. Get over it. It happened so move on!

This is called deflection.

Quote:I don't even like the Texans so I'm not about to pound my chest about their victories over - ANYONE!

You're using their success against the Bengals as a reason why the South's lowest rate of overall success doesn't translate to them being the weakest division.

Quote:As for the Colts not being able to compete without Manning... I guess you forgot about deflate-gate. Last I remembered it was Luck who was the QB and not Manning. Also, I "think" that was also the AFCCG? You know - the game that determines who goes to the Superbowl and who doesn't?

Do you want a participation trophy? You guys haven't had a winning season since that 45-7 ass whopping by the Pats.

Quote:As for your comment about a fan of a perpetual participation trophy team... ah... you "do" know that the Colts have a couple of Superbowl wins, right? Also, they've been in the Superbowl a few times too. Just sayin'... Whatever

That one championship in 34 seasons in Indianapolis is super duper impressive

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 11:04 PM)ML46 Wrote: The only thing i see that can make this move choke, is that its that 2018 will be the last year of BB has head coach!

After Mcdaniels move here... He better hope BB retires soon because he likely isn't gonna be getting HCing offers around the league again
Reply/Quote
McDaniels is a d-bag, but if he'd rather stay in NE rather than work for an addict owner who assured everyone that Luck would be ready to play for the opener of the 2017 season, well...I can't blame him too much. When I saw this I took it to mean Luck wasn't looking too hot, but time will tell.

The bottom line: Luck still hasn't picked up a football some 8 months after the owner of the Colts said he "...will be ready for the start of the season. He is throwing." Perpetually injured QB and lying owner with a criminal history. Gee, that's some tempting stuff there.
Reply/Quote