Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Norris of Rotorworld Mock
This was http://www.rotoworld.com Mock Draft for us:
Round 1 (21): C James Daniels, Iowa - The Bengals allowed top offensive line talents like Kevin Zeitler and Andrew Whitworth to leave prior to the 2017 season. The offensive line was a mess because of it. Finding an anchor to replace the replaceable Russell Bodine is vital, and Daniels is one of the best interior linemen in this class. I gave him a Ryan Kalil comparison.

Round 2 (46): LB Fred Warner, BYU - There’s a lot to love about Warner’s game. He is athletic, can close, plays in space and will work off blocks. No. 46 might sound a bit early, but the Bengals must get faster at linebacker. Warner helps instantly there.

Round 3 (77): DL Tim Settle, Virginia Tech - More help in the interior is important, especially at stopping the run. Settle is an interesting case, as he flashes disruption in his first three steps while presenting ridiculous size for the position.

Round 3 (100): T Orlando Brown, Oklahoma - It makes sense. The Bengals love to draft big school prospects, and big-name ones at that. Brown’s evaluation is dropping, but his powerful style could create similarities to Andre Smith inside the Bengals from office.

Round 4 (112): S Armani Watts, Texas A&M - Watts has plenty of experience as a split safety, attacking forward on screens and runs, as well as covering the seam for tight ends and slot receivers. He closes very quickly.

Round 5 (151): G Colby Gossett, Appalachian State - Gossett is a very talented player, and it wouldn’t surprise to see him drafted in the third- or fourth-round. Double or tripling up on offensive linemen should not be out of the question for the Bengals this year.

Round 5 (158): CB M.J. Stewart, UNC - A slot corner who plays aggressively. In fact, it would not be surprising to see him transition to safety.

Round 5 (170): WR Allen Lazard, Iowa State - A big receiver who wins big after a productive collegiate career.

Round 7 (249): LB Oren Burks, Purdue - More athleticism at linebacker. Burks posted an athletic composite score in the 94th percentile.

Round 7 (252): EDGE Marcell Frazier, Missouri - An ideal frame for an edge rusher, but his game is that of a late pick or free agent.

Round 7 (253): QB J.T. Barrett, Ohio State - The Bengals are likely on the lookout for a backup quarterback after the departure of AJ McCarron.
Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
Woof!
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 12:39 PM)Knightmare on Elm Street Wrote: This was http://www.rotoworld.com Mock Draft for us:
Round 1 (21): C James Daniels, Iowa - The Bengals allowed top offensive line talents like Kevin Zeitler and Andrew Whitworth to leave prior to the 2017 season. The offensive line was a mess because of it. Finding an anchor to replace the replaceable Russell Bodine is vital, and Daniels is one of the best interior linemen in this class. I gave him a Ryan Kalil comparison.

Round 2 (46): LB Fred Warner, BYU - There’s a lot to love about Warner’s game. He is athletic, can close, plays in space and will work off blocks. No. 46 might sound a bit early, but the Bengals must get faster at linebacker. Warner helps instantly there.

Round 3 (77): DL Tim Settle, Virginia Tech - More help in the interior is important, especially at stopping the run. Settle is an interesting case, as he flashes disruption in his first three steps while presenting ridiculous size for the position.

Round 3 (100): T Orlando Brown, Oklahoma - It makes sense. The Bengals love to draft big school prospects, and big-name ones at that. Brown’s evaluation is dropping, but his powerful style could create similarities to Andre Smith inside the Bengals from office.

Round 4 (112): S Armani Watts, Texas A&M - Watts has plenty of experience as a split safety, attacking forward on screens and runs, as well as covering the seam for tight ends and slot receivers. He closes very quickly.

Round 5 (151): G Colby Gossett, Appalachian State - Gossett is a very talented player, and it wouldn’t surprise to see him drafted in the third- or fourth-round. Double or tripling up on offensive linemen should not be out of the question for the Bengals this year.

Round 5 (158): CB M.J. Stewart, UNC - A slot corner who plays aggressively. In fact, it would not be surprising to see him transition to safety.

Round 5 (170): WR Allen Lazard, Iowa State - A big receiver who wins big after a productive collegiate career.

Round 7 (249): LB Oren Burks, Purdue - More athleticism at linebacker. Burks posted an athletic composite score in the 94th percentile.

Round 7 (252): EDGE Marcell Frazier, Missouri - An ideal frame for an edge rusher, but his game is that of a late pick or free agent.

Round 7 (253): QB J.T. Barrett, Ohio State - The Bengals are likely on the lookout for a backup quarterback after the departure of AJ McCarron.
Thoughts?

What's this?  Who is this Josh Norris of Rotorworld?  He obviously must be one of the smartest men alive.  Its about time someone other than myself mocks Lazard to us.  Hey Jpoore, I'm still waiting for your review of one, Allen Lazard.  Wink

excellent draft.  Just excellent.  As my good buddy Billy Bob from Varsity Blues would say, "a 10, a 10, a ******* 10!"
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2018, 02:59 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: What's this?  Who is this Josh Norris of Rotorworld?  He obviously must be one of the smartest men alive.  Its about time someone other than myself mocks Lazard to us.  Hey Jpoore, I'm still waiting for your review of one, Allen Lazard.  Wink

excellent draft.  Just excellent.  As my good buddy Billy Bob from Varsity Blues would say, "a 10, a 10, a ******* 10!"

As soon as I saw Lazard, I knew you'd be excited!!
Reply/Quote
I could live with this draft!
Reply/Quote
Pass on Settle, he put up historically bad numbers at the combine. He has zero explosion or change of direction. And looked unathletic in the drills. He should be a late round back-up 3-4 NT.
Reply/Quote
Solid draft.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I really like this Mock, would be happy especially if Daniels can gain some core strength.

Lots of good names in here i really like, Warner, Watts, Lazard, Oren Burks. I like all these guys.
Reply/Quote
I’m a buckeye through and through but JT Barrett? No.

Reply/Quote