Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Reddick celebrates Astros' ALDS win in American flag Speedo
But thank Jebus they STAND for the anthem like GOOD Americans!

https://sports.yahoo.com/josh-reddick-celebrates-astros-alds-win-american-flag-speedo-230457233.html

Quote:When a baseball team wins a postseason series, there’s a good chance the clubhouse celebration is going to be wet and wild. The Houston Astros proved no different Monday when they knocked out the Boston Red Sox and won the American League Division Series.

Their celebration after a 5-4 win at Fenway Park just came with an extra dose of the American flag and near nudity. That’s because outfielder Josh Reddick — who had the go-ahead RBI single in the eighth inning — stripped down to his American flag Speedo and let his teammates shower him with champagne.
[Image: x34li23JJVfS11le.jpg]

Quote:[/url] Follow
[Image: -xQ30nFX_normal.jpg]Houston Astros 

@astros
LET’S GOOOO [Image: 1f1fa-1f1f8.png][Image: 1f1fa-1f1f8.png][Image: 1f1fa-1f1f8.png]
5:38 PM - Oct 9, 2017

Go ahead, press play on that video. It was quite a scene in the Astros’ clubhouse. Lest you think this is some response to current events involving the American flag — [url=https://sports.yahoo.com/vice-president-mike-pence-leaves-colts-game-anthem-disrespect-173002840.html]calm down, Mike Pence — Reddick is actually known to be bust out the stars-and-stripes when it’s time to celebrate baseball victories. He’s done it a few times over the years. They’re his celebration chonies, you might say.

If the Astros can win the ALCS and maybe even the World Series, we’re going to see more of his stars-and-stripes underwear.

[Image: e6ba340b231a18d2a5c52ebda945cb98]
Houston Astros’ Josh Reddick is sprayed in the clubhouse after the Astros defeated the Boston Red Sox 5-4 in Game 4 of the ALDS. (AP)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Covering your **** in a flag and then soaking it in alcohol is just a Friday night in Texas.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-11-2017, 12:32 PM)Benton Wrote: Covering your **** in a flag and then soaking it in alcohol is just a Friday night in Texas.

Amen.  It's what real Americans do.
So if I'm someone who gives a crap what NFL players do before a game, how does Josh Reddick change that?

Maybe he'll announces that he's not disrespecting anything thereby making any claims he is moot.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-11-2017, 04:29 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So if I'm someone who gives a crap what NFL players do before a game, how does Josh Riddick change that?

Maybe he'll announces that he's not disrespecting anything thereby making any claims he is moot.

It's more about the lack of outrage at such a thing versus the kneeling.

I'm sure he feels he isn't disrespecting anything.  But a certain segment of society thinks kneeling quietly is an affront to America and the flag and veterans while this display was not.

Or least they didn't tweet about it.  Or call him and SOB.   Mellow
(10-11-2017, 04:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's more about the lack of outrage at such a thing versus the kneeling.

I'm sure he feels he isn't disrespecting anything.  But a certain segment of society thinks kneeling quietly is an affront to America and the flag and veterans while this display was not.

Or least they didn't tweet about it.  Or call him and SOB.   Mellow

I found the sitting to be disrespectful, but not the kneeling, but either way I don't really care.

And wearing an article of clothing that resembles the flag is not a breach of ettiquette as some think.

https://www.legion.org/flag/questions-answers/91517/it-permissible-wear-item-clothing-looks-united-states-flag
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-11-2017, 04:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I found the sitting to be disrespectful, but not the kneeling, but either way I don't really care.

And wearing an article of clothing that resembles the flag is not a breach of ettiquette as some think.

https://www.legion.org/flag/questions-answers/91517/it-permissible-wear-item-clothing-looks-united-states-flag

I didn't find the kneeling disrespectful.  Someone did and called the guys kneeling SOB's and demanded a private company change their rules to force them to stand.

I didn't find the underwear disrespectful. That same someone above tweeted that he "wonders" if he can deny the license renewal of a television/news network because he doesn't like the news they cover and didn't seem to mind the banana hammock.
Here are some more real americans!

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq4.html

[Image: palin-wrapped-in-the-flag.png]

[Image: kidrockflag.jpg]

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Ok not a violation...just creepy.   Smirk
(10-11-2017, 04:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I found the sitting to be disrespectful, but not the kneeling, but either way I don't really care.

Yeah, that one is pretty clear that it has to be an actual flag, which is why I don't focus on that. I do, however, bring up the imprinting of the flag on paper cups, napkins, plates, and boxes, which does happen frequently and is against the Flag Code. Essentially, if it is disposable, it shouldn't have the flag on it. Of course, the American Legion isn't really a definitive authority on it. But, since the Flag Code isn't really enforceable, it doesn't matter.

Personally, I don't care about any of it, but I like to argue and this is a fun one.

That's only because you're not as patriotic as the rest of us.

[Image: FootballGame_01.jpg]

It's disrespectful to carry the flag flat or horizontal, but no one has said shit about this disrespectful behavior exhibited above.
(10-11-2017, 05:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That's only because you're not as patriotic as the rest of us.

[Image: FootballGame_01.jpg]

It's disrespectful to carry the flag flat or horizontal, but no one has said shit about this disrespectful behavior exhibited above.

Well it is Michigan.  

the kneeling pissed me off.

Marshawn lynch sitting his ugly cave man looking ass down and eating pissed me off even more.

If they did this speedo thing during the national anthem we would have something to compare