Poll: Who will be remembered more favorably if ZT’s coaching ended today.
Marvin Lewis
Zac Taylor
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who will be remembered more- ZT or Marvin
(01-18-2022, 11:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Good PostWhoDey2DingDingDingDingDingDing

We need the equipment of the slow bus, the Jeremy Hill bus specifically for the Game Day threads.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:58 AM)grampahol Wrote: Don't forget Club Jeremy Hill for the members who are always super negative.. lol

I'm surprised at the vitriol toward Hill in recent posts. I get it, he fumbled but people want the dude facing eternal suffering!
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:03 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm surprised at the vitriol toward Hill in recent posts. I get it, he fumbled but people want the dude facing eternal suffering!

Because he ripped the fanbase on social media after going to NE.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:03 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm surprised at the vitriol toward Hill in recent posts. I get it, he fumbled but people want the dude facing eternal suffering!

He not only fumbled trying to get extra yards right after being told not to fight for extra yards, throwing away a playoff win against the Stealers, he then left for NE and took shots at Bengals fans online. Yes, eternal suffering.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He not only fumbled trying to get extra yards right after being told not to fight for extra yards, throwing away a playoff win against the Stealers, he then left for NE and took shots at Bengals fans online. Yes, eternal suffering.

If you don't want a RB to run the ball then don't give him the ball.

The reason we were not kneeling in victory formation was that we needed a first down to put the game away.  I don't see how you can attack Hill for trying to get a first down.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you don't want a RB to run the ball then don't give him the ball.

The reason we were not kneeling in victory formation was that we needed a first down to put the game away.  I don't see how you can attack Hill for trying to get a first down.

"Get what is there and go down"..... direct instructions from Marvin. All he had to do was take the ball and let the clock run. The game was over.
Reply/Quote
Eh, I get it. Hill fumbled and made a hot take on social media. I'm just not wired to hold any ill will toward him. It's kind of like Palmer wanting out and people being upset. I don't care that Carson made a personal choice to be done with the Bengals. No biggie though, fans can or cannot want eternal suffering for Hill. I was just expressing my surprise to see people posting badly about him.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Eh, I get it. Hill fumbled and made a hot take on social media. I'm just not wired to hold any ill will toward him. It's kind of like Palmer wanting out and people being upset. I don't care that Carson made a personal choice to be done with the Bengals. No biggie though, fans can or cannot want eternal suffering for Hill. I was just expressing my surprise to see people posting badly about him.

Personally, I keep very good feelings towards players like Gio, Burkhardt, etc. who get traded or cut through no doing of their own. Those who leave for more money, I don't really harbor ill will towards unless they take shots at the team and city going out the door (WJIII) When they do that, screw 'em. But that's just me.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 08:17 AM)Cosmokramer Wrote: We all know our best team in the Marvin Era was the year Palmer got hurt on the first play, that game would have gone so different had that not happened.   I think that was his best team and time to shine, and that just stopped him dead in his tracks!  But Marv is a super classy guy

You beat me to it. You can play the what if game with every NFL team. But this team has more what ifs than an oak tree has acorns in a good year.

But what if Palmer hadn't got his knee shredded on the 2nd play, the first was a run up the gut for two yards or something ? of that playoff game ? I'll believe until my dying day we would have won that game, if. And though we probably wouldn't have beat the Colts or Pats that season to advance. How might that have changed Marvin's legacy ?

How many more playoff games with a healthy Palmer would we have gotten to ? won ? I know, I know, you can keep going. Greg Cook, Kijana Carter, Bill walsh, on and on.

It just wasn't in the cards for Marvin for a bunch of reasons. But he brought us out of the abyss and I'll always be thankful for that.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Personally, I keep very good feelings towards players like Gio, Burkhardt, etc. who get traded or cut through no doing of their own. Those who leave for more money, I don't really harbor ill will towards unless they take shots at the team and city going out the door (WJIII) When they do that, screw 'em. But that's just me.

Nothing wrong with your approach. It's part of being a fan.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You beat me to it. You can play the what if game with every NFL team. But this team has more what ifs than an oak tree has acorns in a good year.

But what if Palmer hadn't got his knee shredded on the 2nd play, the first was a run up the gut for two yards or something ? of that playoff game ? I'll believe until my dying day we would have won that game, if. And though we probably wouldn't have beat the Colts or Pats that season to advance. How might that have changed Marvin's legacy ?

How many more playoff games with a healthy Palmer would we have gotten to ? won ? I know, I know, you can keep going. Greg Cook, Kijana Carter, Bill walsh, on and on.

It just wasn't in the cards for Marvin for a bunch of reasons. But he brought us out of the abyss and I'll always be thankful for that.

For some reason I thought it was first play which was a 66yrd to Chris Henry?

I can’t remember that much, but man he had some weapons, Henry, Chad, housh. I remember that colts game earlier that season where he and Manning just traded TDs.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: "Get what is there and go down"..... direct instructions from Marvin. All he had to do was take the ball and let the clock run. The game was over.

If we don't get a first down the game is not over.

That is why we did not have Dalton kneeling in the victory formation.
Reply/Quote