Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Shaw postgame with Lap
(09-12-2016, 07:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dre had the obvious Pass Interference that led to the Jets first TD. That was the horrid play to me.

So why didn't you watch any other plays in the game?

Jets only had 188 passing yards on 35 attempts.  That is an ELITE 5.4 yards per attempt, yet our pass defense was "shit".

This is just silly.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 07:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dre had the obvious Pass Interference that led to the Jets first TD. That was the horrid play to me.

Revis was the worst corner on the field yesterday.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 08:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Did anyone else here this? This young man's football IQ is off the charts. I'd say he is going to follow in Jone's footsteps as far as using his smarts as well as his athletics to be in the right place at the right time.

Which is why they were willing to work him at safety in the off season.

You don't train young players to play another level in the defense unless they have the brains to retain the information from both positions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

I graded Dre with 1+ and 2-. One negative was the PI. The second was one of his patented out of position whiff (typical Dre Kirk). He must have played reasonably well otherwise because no serious damage was done. Hopefully he is teachable.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 01:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Shaw should be a great CB for us and insurance for when Dre hopefully goes somewhere else.

He is not only smart, he is big and physical with great versatility.

He is MUCH more physical than the china doll Kirkpatrick. 

I could see Dennard and WJIII as the outside corners with Adam Jones moving to slot and rotating with Shaw to extend his career...maybe let him do more KRs and PRs? 

Regardless, I really like what Shaw has done with the opportunity he has earned.  I remember reading that he could play CB or safety.  Williams better shape up or Shaw could end up with his job.  (Kidding, Bengals don't terminate contracts)
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 08:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So why didn't you watch any other plays in the game?

Jets only had 188 passing yards on 35 attempts.  That is an ELITE 5.4 yards per attempt, yet our pass defense was "shit".

This is just silly.

Dre has the misfortune of being across the field from Adam Jones, who is the most underrated CB in the NFL.  The guy is rock solid. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 08:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So why didn't you watch any other plays in the game?

This is just silly.

To be fair Fitzpatrick did us a lot of favors and did not put the ball on the body of the receiver.  Many were thrown behind them and would have taken an acrobatic catch.  (see the last drive for the Jets and the Marshall "drop" for an instance of it).  It wasn't like Fitz was under duress on many of those throws either.  We play that way against Ben R. and he will make us pay.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 08:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep, just more of being a key player on one of the best pass defenses in the league.

Dre is among the top 30 CBs in the league.  

Last year Decker and Marshal  had 2500+ yards and 26 tds.  But when we hold them to 69 yards and 1 td our pass defense is "shit"

This is just ridiculous.  People just decide who they are going to hate and then act like they are the only players that ever make any mistakes.  If Dre was as bad as you all claim then we would be giving up a lot more completions, yards, and tds.

you gonna start this shit again???? Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head 

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 03:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You make a lot of great points, maybe we are being way too hard on him. Like i said cannot blame him for the Decker TD.

That was great coverage, just a great pass by Fitzy and a great catch by Decker.
If it's the TD that I'm thinking of they did a pick play which should have been flagged, but w/e.
Reply/Quote

This is just silly.

Typical Fredtoast post...

I didn't say our pass Defense was "shit". Yet you say i did, this is just silly. Our Secondary played great against the
Jets and Kirkpatrick was apart of that. He had one horrid play, the PI, other than that he was solid. But he is still the
weak link in a very good Secondary. He might be getting better though hopefully.
Reply/Quote

No more obvious than many that don't get called around the league though
Reply/Quote
That was a big time play Shaw made when Bengals needed it the most.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 05:01 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: If it's the TD that I'm thinking of they did a pick play which should have been flagged, but w/e.

Forgot about that! That was a blatant pick and the ref turned the cold shoulder... I wasn't surprised, felt like the Pitt game coming up this week..... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 02:07 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Forgot about that! That was a blatant pick and the ref turned the cold shoulder... I wasn't surprised, felt like the Pitt game coming up this week..... Mellow

You guys must be talking about the first TD. That was a blatant pick, i think on Shawn.

The Jets got that close to the goal line cause of Dre's PI.

But the 2nd TD was great coverage by Dre.
Reply/Quote
Shaw should inspire enough confidence that we don't take a 1st round corner again until 2018
Reply/Quote
Dre had a descent game and a great play in the endzone, but lets get back to Shaw. We were hoping for him to become a weapon and it looks like he's there. I was really concerned about the depth at corner, still am with injuries and the top CB taking hits on kicks, but Josh Shaw is someone I don't give enough credit to. Good to see how he thinks. Solid post.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 04:03 PM)phil413 Wrote: Dre had a descent game and a great play in the endzone, but lets get back to Shaw.  We were hoping for him to become a weapon and it looks like he's there.  I was really concerned about the depth at corner, still am with injuries and the top CB taking hits on kicks, but Josh Shaw is someone I don't give enough credit to.  Good to see how he thinks.  Solid post.

I am SO against Adam returning anything until the playoffs.   He's our best corner and we are already thin there.  No way should we be risking him there.

Let the youngsters go - especially till we get our blocking assignments down.   The Jets ate us alive on returns.
Reply/Quote
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-cin-nyj-grades-a-j-green-dominates-matchup-with-darrelle-revis/

PFF gave Shaw the highest grade of any of out Defenders.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 02:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You guys must be talking about the first TD. That was a blatant pick, i think on Shawn.

The Jets got that close to the goal line cause of Dre's PI.

But the 2nd TD was great coverage by Dre.

And for some reason no one talks about the one play where he took away Decker's route on a fade at the Bengals 2 yard line.

He had a bad PI play. But that's really about it. He played pretty decent that game.

I think people just give Kirkpatrick extra hate because it's the narrative anymore.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 09:51 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: And for some reason no one talks about the one play where he took away Decker's route on a fade at the Bengals 2 yard line.

He had a bad PI play. But that's really about it. He played pretty decent that game.

I think people just give Kirkpatrick extra hate because it's the narrative anymore.
He has never been bad hes been horribly inconsistent. Hell make an amazing play one play then leave a wide open td pass on another. I thought he played consistently well the entire game. And they are still blaming him because they cant hate on hunt or nugent this week.
Reply/Quote