Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Tupou re-signed
signing is official

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Great piece. Same I said with Hurst, cap hit is what will determine how good these signings are. Hope we have a couple of big O line signings coming soon!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So we currently have 4 DTs on the roster who are talented enough to make the 53. You would love to add another 3 tech, as we technically only have 1 right now in Hill, but at they have Sample and Hubbard who can flex inside if needed on passing downs. This makes it so that we don't HAVE to add another DT in the draft. If a good one falls, we can take advantage but it's not something we need to do, which is nice.

Same with Hurst at TE. You may want to grab a TE somewhere in rounds 2 to 5, but if the value isn't there, you can always just punt the need to next off season.

The only two gaping holes left on the team are at RT and CB2. I hope we wrap up RT in the next few days, which may mean CB is the top need at 31 going into the draft, even if they re-sign Apple (or I should say especially if they re-sign Apple).
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:29 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So we currently have 4 DTs on the roster who are talented enough to make the 53. You would love to add another 3 tech, as we technically only have 1 right now in Hill, but at they have Sample and Hubbard who can flex inside if needed on passing downs. This makes it so that we don't HAVE to add another DT in the draft. If a good one falls, we can take advantage but it's not something we need to do, which is nice.

Same with Hurst at TE. You may want to grab a TE somewhere in rounds 2 to 5, but if the value isn't there, you can always just punt the need to next off season.

The only two gaping holes left on the team are at RT and CB2. I hope we wrap up RT in the next few days, which may mean CB is the top need at 31 going into the draft, even if they re-sign Apple (or I should say especially if they re-sign Apple).

RT for sure.  I mean, Waynes IS on the roster.  Not saying he stays there, or that I want him to, but it is not a black hole. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:29 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So we currently have 4 DTs on the roster who are talented enough to make the 53. You would love to add another 3 tech, as we technically only have 1 right now in Hill, but at they have Sample and Hubbard who can flex inside if needed on passing downs. This makes it so that we don't HAVE to add another DT in the draft. If a good one falls, we can take advantage but it's not something we need to do, which is nice.

Bengals currently have Karras as a C according to some folks who read Hobspin articles. Even if he's a G, Hopkins isn't the answer. So there's still 1 IOL spot in need as well.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals currently have Karras as a C according to some folks who read Hobspin articles. Even if he's a G, Hopkins isn't the answer. So there's still 1 IOL spot in need as well.

We might be wanting to leave it open until after the draft in case Linderbaum, Green, or Johnson fall to us. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals currently have Karras as a C according to some folks who read Hobspin articles. Even if he's a G, Hopkins isn't the answer. So there's still 1 IOL spot in need as well.

I think LG is likely going to be a battle between Carman and Smith. Maybe they add Spain or an XSF level free agent to compete with them, but I would be surprised if we address guard any further. I wouldn't expect the Bengals to spend a 2nd and 4th round pick on guards and then disregard them in their 2nd seasons. It may not be ideal from a fan's perspective, but if LG is our weakest spot on the line with Carman, I think we're in okay shape. At least we're much better off than we were in 2021.
Reply/Quote
Good rotational NT. Still nervous about interior pass rush without knowing if they plan to push Hubbard or Sample inside.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals currently have Karras as a C according to some folks who read Hobspin articles. Even if he's a G, Hopkins isn't the answer. So there's still 1 IOL spot in need as well.

Agree

I'm so hoping they're not planning on him being a starter again.

Good news having Tupou back. He's a decent rotational player.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 05:22 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We might be wanting to leave it open until after the draft in case Linderbaum, Green, or Johnson fall to us. 

They might also be waiting for the market to settle a bit.  If the C market stays soft, they could still land Bozeman or Tretter at a relative bargain.  I wouldn't be surprised if they have made Spain a low end offer and he is mulling his options.
Reply/Quote
Josh signed for 2 years

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 05:22 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We might be wanting to leave it open until after the draft in case Linderbaum, Green, or Johnson fall to us. 

Except then if one of those guys don't fall to you, or end up sucking, you're screwed. You sign Tretter and they fall to you and are BPA? Take them regardless. Never know what'll happen during the season or next year, there's no such thing as too many quality OL.

(03-17-2022, 05:31 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think LG is likely going to be a battle between Carman and Smith. Maybe they add Spain or an XSF level free agent to compete with them, but I would be surprised if we address guard any further. I wouldn't expect the Bengals to spend a 2nd and 4th round pick on guards and then disregard them in their 2nd seasons. It may not be ideal from a fan's perspective, but if LG is our weakest spot on the line with Carman, I think we're in okay shape. At least we're much better off than we were in 2021.

That would be a very Bengals thing to do and I would hate it. Don't just go half way on fixing a problem when it is so easily fixed completely right now.

Except we still don't have a RT either. I would prefer maximum 1 question mark on my OL. 0 is ideal, but you're talking 2/5.

It's hard to get worse than 70 sacks in 20 games. Why do we have to settle for "better off"? Why not strive for, shit not even great, just good?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote