Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh sitton
A lot of people want norwell, but we're not paying 12 million. Josh sitting just had a top 5 year per pff, and he's gonna hit free agency. 4 time pro bowler. He's a guard we can get for 6 maybe 7 million. He's a little older he's 31 but a 3 year 20 million dollar deal I wouldn't hate. Mix that with billy price and all of a sudden we've got a dominant iol.
Reply/Quote
Did the Bears decline the 3rd year option?
They have until March 9 to decide if he stays or becomes an UFA.
Yes this would be a MB delight, if the Bears don't pick up his option then he's basically been released and won't interfere with our comp picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 09:06 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Did the Bears decline the 3rd year option?
They have until March 9 to decide if he stays or becomes an UFA.
Yes this would be a MB delight, if the Bears don't pick up his option then he's basically been released and won't interfere with our comp picks.

Yes already announced that they won't pick it up. Want to go younger at position.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 08:44 PM)Jpoore Wrote: A lot of people want norwell, but we're not paying 12 million. Josh sitting just had a top 5 year per pff, and he's gonna hit free agency. 4 time pro bowler. He's a guard we can get for 6 maybe 7 million. He's a little older he's 31 but a 3 year 20 million dollar deal I wouldn't hate. Mix that with billy price and all of a sudden we've got a dominant iol.

Really?  A guard and a center take us to dominating line?  Did you forget the tackle position?  And the turnstiles that we have there?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 12:11 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Really?  A guard and a center take us to dominating line?  Did you forget the tackle position?  And the turnstiles that we have there?
Tackles weren't the ones that were getting the most qb pressure. I saw a pff stat that 75 percent of qb pressures came from the interior. But I just meant. That would enable us to have more freedom in the draft and take  A jamaco Jones or alex cappa type later in draft.
Reply/Quote
I feel like this thread needs merged into the Josh Sitton thread in Free Agency sub-forum under Jungle Noise, as it's not really a true draft discussion.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 03:23 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Tackles weren't the ones that were getting the most qb pressure. I saw a pff stat that 75 percent of qb pressures came from the interior. But I just meant. That would enable us to have more freedom in the draft and take  A jamaco Jones or alex cappa type later in draft.

I'm trying to find the link for where I read it a month or so ago, but Ogbuehi allowed the most sacks/pressures out of all OTs in 2017.
Not saying that your stat is wrong because the interior definitely gave up its share of pressures and sacks, but Ogbuehi definitely needs to be upgraded too.
You can't trot out there with the OT who allowed the most sacks/pressures in 2017.

EDIT - Found the link. It was mentioned in PFF's analysis from the Bengals-Bears game, saying Ogbuehi had allowed 8 sacks at that point in the season (13 games), which was the most of any LT in the NFL.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-chicago-bears-33-cincinnati-bengals-7

He might have not ended up the worst by season's end, but I can't find it stated anywhere for end-of-season sacks allowed. I think it's safe to assume Ogbuehi was in the bottom-5 LTs in the NFL for sacks allowed if not the worst based on the fact he was the worst after Week 13.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2018, 01:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm trying to find the link for where I read it a month or so ago, but Ogbuehi allowed the most sacks/pressures out of all OTs in 2017.
Not saying that your stat is wrong because the interior definitely gave up its share of pressures and sacks, but Ogbuehi definitely needs to be upgraded too.
You can't trot out there with the OT who allowed the most sacks/pressures in 2017.

EDIT - Found the link. It was mentioned in PFF's analysis from the Bengals-Bears game, saying Ogbuehi had allowed 8 sacks at that point in the season (13 games), which was the most of any LT in the NFL.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-chicago-bears-33-cincinnati-bengals-7

He might have not ended up the worst by season's end, but I can't find it stated anywhere for end-of-season sacks allowed. I think it's safe to assume Ogbuehi was in the bottom-5 LTs in the NFL for sacks allowed if not the worst based on the fact he was the worst after Week 13.

Oh for sure he needs upgraded. Only point was if we have 2  above average guard and a great center, we don't need to reach for a tackle. And I'm all on board the Jones and cappa hype trains. If they were our tackles, wouldn't be mad at all. Give us flexibility in what we wanna do come draft day was my only point.
Reply/Quote