Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judging by just one game.........
Funny that the people who are claiming the Bengals stink based on just one game are the exact same ones who claimed that we could not claim they were great based on the previous 8 wins.

So how important is one game? Is it enough to show that a team is terrible? If so is one good game enough to prove that they are great?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 02:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny that the people who are claiming the Bengals stink based on just one game are the exact same ones who claimed that we could not claim they were great based on the previous 8 wins.

So how important is one game?  Is it enough to show that a team is terrible?  If so is one good game enough to prove that they are great?

I don't know anyone who thinks the Bengals stink. But I do believe that the last game against an inferior team exposed some weaknesses in the Bengals offense. The defense played extremely well only giving up 10 points. Generally speaking, you should expect to win any game where your defense only gives up 10.

We look at Green Bay and they started out the season unstoppable. Lacy ran over people while Rodgers picked defenses apart. Now Lacy is a backup and they have 3 straight losses and Minnesota leads that division. Wow, who'd a thunk?

People remember the Bengals as a team that falls short when it counts the most and we have yet to see if this team has turned that corner. The Bengals started the season as if they had turned the corner, but it's how we finish down the stretch and in the playoffs that matter most.

Sunday night against Arizona would be one of those games where it counts more than other games because it's against a division leader, in prime time and it tells us where the team stands when going up against a quality opponent on the road.

We won't really know until they play the game, but I'm expecting a good game. I don't know why AJ Green and the receivers get shut down like they do sometimes. What's up with that? Why doesn't Hill get going? Clearly he knows how to run, so why isn't he?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 04:05 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't know anyone who thinks the Bengals stink. But I do believe that the last game against an inferior team exposed some weaknesses in the Bengals offense. The defense played extremely well only giving up 10 points. Generally speaking, you should expect to win any game where your defense only gives up 10.

We look at Green Bay and they started out the season unstoppable. Lacy ran over people while Rodgers picked defenses apart. Now Lacy is a backup and they have 3 straight losses and Minnesota leads that division. Wow, who'd a thunk?

People remember the Bengals as a team that falls short when it counts the most and we have yet to see if this team has turned that corner. The Bengals started the season as if they had turned the corner, but it's how we finish down the stretch and in the playoffs that matter most.

Sunday night against Arizona would be one of those games where it counts more than other games because it's against a division leader, in prime time and it tells us where the team stands when going up against a quality opponent on the road.

We won't really know until they play the game, but I'm expecting a good game. I don't know why AJ Green and the receivers get shut down like they do sometimes. What's up with that? Why doesn't Hill get going? Clearly he knows how to run, so why isn't he?

http://twitter.com/davidpwoods/status/361935429127241729/photo/1

Eddie Lacy is FAT
Reply/Quote
Fred the Elephant is still in the room even if you choose to ignore it. It's not so much that we lost, all but the most super homers knew we weren't going undefeated. It's how and when we lost.

Same old same old ! Prime Time, under the lights, National TV and we lay another giant egg. We didn't just get beat, we looked like hammered dog doo doing it. Stupid penalties, waaayyy to many dropped balls, Dalton throwing deep passes 10 feet out of bounds. Elite.ish WR fumbling just when we looked like we started trying to find some heart.

6 stinking points !!

Got beat by a QB with 3 games or whatever in the last four years, front four got zero pressure on 95% of pass plays. One could go on and on.

Does this mean the team stinks ?? NO But it does make one wonder if it's not really going to turn into - here we go again, same old song again.

I sure hope not and don't think they will pull another gigantic flop. This coming Sunday night we'll find out what this team really has in it's heart.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 02:30 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote:  This coming Sunday night we'll find out what this team really has in it's heart.

See what I mean.

For so long I have heard that regular season games don't matter, but now it appears that all our questions will be answered in the 10th game of the regular season.

I guess wins are meaningless but losses answer all questions.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 11:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: See what I mean.

For so long I have heard that regular season games don't matter, but now it appears that all our questions will be answered in the 10th game of the regular season.

I guess wins are meaningless but losses answer all questions.

That won't change unless the team pulls out a win against impossible odds, while in the national spotlight... And then it will revert as soon as they lose the next game against an inferior opponent.

Some of it, I feel, is the brash nature of youthful fans. They feel the better team wins, and if the lose, they suck.

Some may be the jaded old crowd who let the 90's eat away at them. They won't enjoy a moment until there's at least one Super Bowl ring.

Aside from going into every game worried, I went into this game remembering the lessons of the 90's. I remembered what it was like being a fan of the inferior team, knowing we'd only win a handful of games, but understanding we'd shock two or three superior teams each year.
Reply/Quote
I don't feel too bad about the loss because the game was still there to be won. It wasn't like we became a bad team. Just one of those things. Mistakes, penalties, and turnovers cost us...and.. throw in a great catch by the other team's receiver also.
Reply/Quote
What's cracks me up is know one expected us to be undefeated yet I've read a few posts were people act like now the season is going to spiral. We've showed our true colors in week 10 but not during weeks 1-9? Whatever. Rolleyes

Oh btw the Browns game doesn't count as prime time because everybody knows nobody watches TNF. LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2015, 04:05 PM)BengalChris Wrote: but it's how we finish down the stretch and in the playoffs that matter most.

Well considering the Bengals play their best down the stretch I don't think anyone has to worry about that. I mean being 17-8 in the last 8 games of the season since the 2012 season is proof enough that we play good in the second half of the season.
Reply/Quote