Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Julio Jones
Ian Rappaport is reporting Julio Jones has been traded to the Green Bay Packers. There has been no official confirmation but Jones has scrubbed all mentions of the Falcons from his social media accounts.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wow. That would be big.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lots of rumors going around...Cowboys and Patriots have also been mentioned by others.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Here's a link I found:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/julio-jones-has-fans-losing-their-minds-after-he-unfollows-team-and-deletes-falcons-pics/ar-AAwfJEj
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hmmmm.. seems when we lose players, especially on defense, they stay in the social media and text groups with their old teammates. For him to cut ties not only with the organization, but all the players, there must be some bad blood there..... 
Reply/Quote
That would be huge. But what team is going to pony up multiple high round picks/top 3 talent?

Too big to believe, ATM.
Reply/Quote
OP was 10 PM last night. 2:16 PM today https://nypost.com/2018/04/24/the-instagram-warning-signs-of-julio-jones-falcons-drama/amp/

Quote:The team denied any rumors of a rift, explaining away the move by saying Jones is simply looking for a “fresh start” on social media. ESPN reported that the former Alabama star was looking to set an example for current Crimson Tide players, whom he spoke with on the perils and pitfalls of social media.

Quote:“At the end of the day, when that social media is gone — you delete social media right now, what you stand for, who are you?” Jones had said. “Social media ain’t going to make me.”

Living in the ATL metro area, I have to say I haven't ever seen the Falcons sugar coat situations to this extent so I am inclined to believe at worst (for a Falcons fan) Jones' is unhappy but nothing serious has occurred at this time AND the social media accounts aren't even linked to him being unhappy. At best Rappaport is throwing out unsubstantiated BS AGAIN.

Fans in this area haven't mentioned it today but I've only talked to two today about unrelated important issues. Some of the fans I know have had complaints about Jones not being the go to guy in clutch situations but overall they like his performance. Even Sanu seems better in those situations. Not to say Sanu can be a number 1 but my fellow Bengal fans should remember when he has a great receiver counterpart at number 1 Sanu can come through when the game is on the line.
Reply/Quote